Noob Fury RO - honest review + updated 19th oct 2008

Started by laoganma, Oct 17, 2008, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoganma

base on my 2 years RO experience, started when i was 13 years old and more importantly my 5 months experience in this server... this is what i got to say about it.

Stability = 2

u get lag spike every one hour guaranteed and for some reason u get massive lag during WoE, maybe my internet connection (ADSL2) maybe not, but i do get those lags.

Availability = 5

cannot give good score on Availability when the server lags...

Community

Friendliness = 2

since i love pvping, sometimes i go online just to watch people pvping or test some new builds with friends.

but:

- if u dont know any1 in pvp arena, they will kill you.
- if they dont know u, they will kill you.
- if they see u r not wearing any donation gears, they will kill you.
- if u r guildless, they will kill u.
- if u happen to have the skills to fight back, they will simply bring more people.
- when u r fighting,there is always some1 hit u out of nowhere with excuses like "shes my girlfriend" "he is my friend" "she is my grandma"
- if u lose, u r a noob, if u win, well ull never win.

Eventfulness = 1

never seen any events hosted by GMs at least for the last 3 months.

GMs

Friendliness = 3  Availability = 1  Helpfulness = 1

ingame = rarely see GMs, tried pm-ing sometimes even if they r online they will not response.

forum = tend to ignore problems specially things that might expose them, sometimes u can get banned for no apparent reason and after a week still no explanation.

players r intimidated into silence, if u dare to speak up ull get banned, maybe a warning if u r lucky, topics with evidence will be closed. (please check my other topic)

Game-play

Economy = 1

mvp cards is so common it can go for 300m while rebirth items stay at 500-600m, rebirth items u get from castles, each castle drop 5-10 rebirth items everyday. how can something so common can sell for so high? because most castles in WoE r owned by GMs guild and its ally.

Guild Competition = 2

not much competition going on, cuz most experienced players thats fully equiped with donation items are stacked in 1 guild and its ally. try take one of their castle they will take it back in about 5 minutes.

admin has his own guild with at least 2 chief GMs in it.

some players asked if any chief GM would come and join competitors guild because they r worried about them being biased if there will be more reports about GMs guild, response = "they accused us of cheating y should we play for them?" hm.. profesional? i think not.

Class Balance = 1

Whitesmith, Stalker, Star Gladiator, Linker and Gunslinger r dead, champs r overpowered they can snap through anything except walls. SinX with donations can 1 hit kill any1 with SB, LK with donations can kill any1 with 1 or 2 BBs. they even made new donation items for these jobs, +40% hp, +150% atk, undestrucable and unstripable armor, status immunities, and also stone curse people when u atk (30-40% chance). how do they expect people to compete with that? donate $115.

thats total of 19/100

warning for these 2 topics thats u r about to see:

1. for those who new to this forum, u need to register to view all the screenshots.
2. please ignore all those biased comments and flamings thats going out of topic, intentionally or not.
3. pages to read to save some of ur time (but its best to read all of it) :

- topic #1 = pages 1,2,3,4,7,8 (important).
    - topic #2 = pages 1 and 2 (important).

for further review and evidence please read:

topic #1 =  http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/soap-opera/noob-fury-ro-dissapointment/0/

topic #2 =  http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/index.php/topic,6828.0.html

i would like yC to check if this review break any of RMS Review Guidelines.
i will be glad to fix it as soon as possible.

please note i will only respond to yC's post.

thank you.

update #1 : Guild Competition section.
update #2 : more warning for readers.
update #3 : more warning for readers.
Quote from: LaoganmaLover
Lao, you are so cool!!! i beg you, please take all my zennies!!

Lao!! i wish i could give you +1 every second!! *cries*

omg Lao, your posts are awesome, ignore those internet bullies.

Pandora

Quote from: laoganma on Oct 17, 2008, 12:43 AM
warning : for those who new to this forum, u need to register to view all the screenshots.
What screenshots /hmm

The review will well formulated, and states a player's opinion, so in that regard it's fine, but laoganma you already started other topics about that server, can't blame people for being fed up with it.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Denia

Stability = 2

u get lag spike every one hour guaranteed and for some reason u get massive lag during WoE, maybe my internet connection (ADSL2) maybe not, but i do get those lags.

Can you really say stability = lag or 0 lag? I mean, I've said it several times, lag is relative to whomever it is and the ISP. Sometimes it is the server's fault, sometimes it isn't. Most the time it's just the ISP routing etc.

I always thought of stability as server uptime, how available the server is etc. Does it crash often? Stuff like that :<

Rudolph Zyaber

While we already got the jist of your displeasure for NoobFury from that other thread in the Soap Opera section, I think I can feel some sympathy for ya for having to put up with this kind of server environment.  I know from experience that it's really pretty much impossible to get any kind of positive change made in that kind of server, under that kind of management. 

I was on a few servers before where the main Admin WoE'd and also mained a champ or Sinx and would refuse to nerf them stating things like "l2play" or "find counters" and useless comments like that.

My suggestion to you is that now that you have voiced your opinions here on RMS, that you should just quit.  Denying a server of players is a major way of showing that you're displeased.  I can tell you right now that there are probably better servers out there that you won't lag on and where every class gets a fair bit of use.

I can't see how people can play on servers where smiths and alchemists are relegated to only being used for vending =/
Bleh

mickiedeez

anything in blue is my response

base on my 2 years RO experience, started when i was 13 years old and more importantly my 5 months experience in this server... this is what i got to say about it.

Stability = 2

I lag as well hourly do to Devilsqaure, and besides that I have virtually no lag.

Availability = 5

cannot give good score on Availability when the server lags...
The server is up 24/7 except for rare maintenance.

Community

Friendliness = 2

since i love pvping, sometimes i go online just to watch people pvping or test some new builds with friends.

but:

- if u dont know any1 in pvp arena, they will kill you.
- if they dont know u, they will kill you.
- if they see u r not wearing any donation gears, they will kill you.
- if u r guildless, they will kill u.
- if u happen to have the skills to fight back, they will simply bring more people.
- when u r fighting,there is always some1 hit u out of nowhere with excuses like "shes my girlfriend" "he is my friend" "she is my grandma"
- if u lose, u r a noob, if u win, well ull never win.
It's pvp. It's not the playground.  If you go into pvp, then expect to kill or be killed.

Eventfulness = 1

never seen any events hosted by GMs at least for the last 3 months.
true GM's dont regularly hold events themselves, but its at least once a week.  we have a few automated events and 6 or 7 mini games.

GMs

ingame = rarely see GMs, tried pm-ing sometimes even if they r online they will not response.

forum = tend to ignore problems specially things that might expose them, sometimes u can get banned for no apparent reason and after a week still no explanation.

players r intimidated into silence, if u dare to speak up ull get banned, maybe a warning if u r lucky, topics with evidence will be closed. (please check my other topic)
That's BS and you know. you made it cfairly obvious int he soap opera topic that you're out to give NFRO a bad name.

You're right about not seeing them ingame much, but you can get help in the forums.  When someone is banned, a reason is posted int he 'Banned Accounts Section"

Game-play

Economy = 1

mvp cards is so common it can go for 300m while rebirth items stay at 500-600m, rebirth items u get from castles, each castle drop 5-10 rebirth items everyday. how can something so common can sell for so high? because most castles in WoE r owned by GMs guild and its ally.
its 400-500mil.  it drops items after that castles woe, dependign on how many economy points you've put in. and then it takes 2 of those items to get an individual rebirth item.

Guild Competition = 2

not much competition going on, cuz most experienced players thats fully equiped with donation items are stacked in 1 guild and its ally. try take one of their castle they will take it back in about 5 minutes.

admin has his own guild with at least 2 chief GMs in it.
The gm's play fairly and legitly, the ones who don't are fired.  Edge of Insanity isnt all donators, I'd say 1/3 to half are donators. So you're sayinghat when 10 people come and manage to grab the castle, and the 20+ people come and get the castle back, its bad or wrong or cheating?

Class Balance = 1

Whitesmith, Stalker, Star Gladiator, Linker and Gunslinger r dead, champs r overpowered they can snap through anything except walls. SinX with donations can 1 hit kill any1 with SB, LK with donations can kill any1 with 1 or 2 BBs. they even made new donation items for these jobs, +40% hp, +150% atk, undestrucable and unstripable armor, status immunities, and also stone curse people when u atk. how do they expect people to compete with that? donate $115.
White smith, gunslinger, and stalker can be really good when used properly.  unfortunately no one plays them because they cant use them properly.  No they cant.  Where poisoning or ghostring armor.  use ghostring or fire or elemental armor vs. LK's.  also it is 150%+ atk its 65%.

thats total of 20/100

warning : for those who new to this forum, u need to register to view all the screenshots.

for further review and evidence please read http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/soap-opera/noob-fury-ro-dissapointment/0/  and http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/index.php/topic,6828.0.html
That just makes it obvious you are trying to badmouth the server.  The guard who used @gvgon already admitted it and was fired.

thank you.
Quote from: Temjin on Feb 16, 2010, 12:07 PM
You are a f*** idiot. Why you even bother to post here, I will never know. It is BEYOND ME.

yC

I'll allow this to be laoganma's review on NoobFury, he is exercising his right of writing a review on a server he played.  Every bit of it is about his experience on the server, I don't see any serious problem with this review.  Of course, authorities from noobfury can reply to any disagreement or provide further details regarding this review.

It will be treated as any in-depth review in this section, nothing special.

This wouldn't be counted as an harassment ... as far as of right now, hope it wouldn't turn into one in the near future.

The two other topics has been locked, if this one turns out of control it will be locked too.  So try keep the discussion civil.  This topic is about noobfury, not the reviewer's forum headline.

sagarakit

Quotethanks yC, u can close this topic if u like, to avoid flamings, but its up to u.

Are you clearly trying to close the topic before anyone of NFRO answer your BS? And you still say that is to "Avoid Flaming" ... Come on, couldn't you come with a more convincent excuse?

Boring but... Here we go.

Stability = 2

The server is up 24/7, no crashes, few lags due the hourly database backups, Checked with @uptime the server uptime now counts 40days+

Availability = 5

If you can log in and play the server is available right? So again 24/7 Available, the only issue we have is for philliphines players, with that almost ALL ISP's connects to the server with the same goddamn route, Which is used for everything else like p2p and all kinds of web access. So yeah, they lag a bit, but sincerly is not MY fault. I did all i could to solve this matter, even mail those ISP, that replied with automated e-mails or gave no response at all.

Friendliness = 2

Bah. I am not even answering it, mickie did it already

Eventfulness = 1

Ok, so that's a lie, we do event's once a week and hourly there's automated events.

I am the admin and i enter NFRO AT LEAST once a week, not to mention the changes i make and announce, ROSS and TINY is online EVERY fking day, So yeah another lie.

Economy = 1

As far as i know no one came complaining about the server economy and everything seems to be allrigth.

Guild Competition = 2

Lol, there are DOZENS of Guilds in NFRO, the guild recycling is the matter here, they just create a guild then broke and make another with different names, guilds that stay, for example Edge Of insanity, Tranquil Infinity, Nusantara & etc, make trustfull members and get strong.

Quotethats total of 20/100

for further review and evidence please read http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/soap-opera/noob-fury-ro-dissapointment/0/  and http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/index.php/topic,6828.0.html
That just makes it obvious you are trying to badmouth the server.  The guard who used @gvgon already admitted it and was fired.

So yeah, again you STATE that you want to BADMOUTH us,

@yC

QuoteI'll allow this to be laoganma's review on NoobFury, he is exercising his right of writing a review on a server he played.  Every bit of it is about his experience on the server, I don't see any serious problem with this review.  Of course, authorities from noobfury can reply to any disagreement or provide further details regarding this review.

I think that this is not freedom of speech, but blackmailing, just peep on the other topics started by this user.,I think that you'll find it very very flaming.

So i again state, this guy is up to no good and should be stopped from posting reckless things... Any decent person will see that this guy holds no credibility. So yeah waste of time and bandwidth.

Kitsune.

yC

Quit with the off-topic posts already.

As I said, this topic is about noobfury, not the reviewer's forum headline.

I deleted all the posts that were making a comment on the reviewer instead of the review itself.

As for why the reviewer still plays the server, I have managed to find the answer in the topic under soap-opera (linked at the end in the review up there):

"if only i didnt have an account with all these donations (which my cousin gave me), i would have left this server 2-3 months ago."

If you are going to make a reply, it should be directly related to material in the review or Noobfury RO in general.

mickiedeez

Guild Competition = 2
some players asked if any chief GM would come and join competitors guild because they r worried about them being biased if there will be more reports about GMs guild, response = "they accused us of cheating y should we play for them?" hm.. profesional? i think not.

It may be unprofessional, but it makes sense.

You guys(Nusantara) accuse EoI of cheating, badmouth the server, and even accuse Kitsune of editing the logs; now you want us to give up our guild leader or his GF for what?  Really what?  So you can 'cheat' too?  

Uhm yeah actually IT DOES(if you go by the server review guidelines that is).  The server lags once on the hour for a couple seconds, THAT'S IT.  If you lag more than that, it's your then blame your ISP.

The server is up 100%.  It's now been up for 41 days.  Therefore availability is 10/10.

Friendliness: you based this on PvP.  so basically what you're saying is because you were killed in PVP(PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER), the whole community is basically mean or rude?  I'm pretty sure that's against the guidelines.

Weekly GM event's + events every hour, not to mention the green peace event every few hours as well, plus the mini game events and super rates events.

GM's:  Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they aren't there.  Use @request.  GM's don't ignore problems that 'expose' them.  There is nothing to expose. And they don't ignore other problems either.  You don't get in trouble for speaking up unless you're being disrespectful to GM's.

Economy:  So MVP cards should be lower than 300m?  That's more like complaining.  Rebirth items are 400-500 mil.

Guild Competition:  This one is a lie as well.  Only about of our players are geared with full donations.  And now you're complaining about more experienced players all in one guild?  :-\  Ross and Tiny use legits in EoI.  Regular characters, not GM characters.

Class Balance:  All the classes are played.  Some more than others.  Just the other day i saw a well geared Gunslinger doing 18k per with rapid shower.  I've seen well geared Whitesmiths hitting almost 60k per hit w/ cart termination.
Quote from: Temjin on Feb 16, 2010, 12:07 PM
You are a f*** idiot. Why you even bother to post here, I will never know. It is BEYOND ME.