MephistRO

Started by Arcanum, Jul 30, 2008, 12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcanum

MephistRO is a new server, with a friendly gm team, and a slowly growing player base, currently we have around 10-20 members, so far since I've been with MephistRO, there have been many customs added to it, I rated the server a 92 overall on the review section of the main site, the gms are very nice and will help if/when they can, nothing is corrupt, and almost all of the players are friendly, the server has quite a few customs, ranging from the customized home map where most of the quests and the mall is located, down to customized mvps, and mobs, all custom mvps and even some mvps that arent official yet have been made huntable, customized cards and items have been added to them as well as leaving there usual drops intact, I've played many servers before, and nothing compares in balance, economy, and overall playability as MephistRO, by balance I mean, no donar system so you have no one getting over powered haxxy gear, ygg items other than leaves have been disabled in pvp and gvg, and the card drops are set where you get a good feeling of accomplishment when you do get the mvp or even regular mob cards, I encourage all who read this and think that this is what there looking for to check out mephistRO and give it a try.

Ansuz Isaz

o_o MephistRO has an economy now? Wow. xD The only people vending I saw when I used to play was Jeff and his vending of a few items on his legit.

I like the server simply because the people are awesome, really. =D Admittedly, I get a bit iffy when I found that the server was hosted by someone other than the adminstrator, but... Meh. xD

Generally, there are only a few things that really bother me about MaphistRO, and the largest is the fact that the lower drop items are always desplayed to everyone. =P To some, this is no big deal, and even a good thing. However, I've found this feature to grow very, very annoying after a while.

Unless things have changed dramatically, you will almost immediately get accepted as part of the community, if you're willing to say hello. =P From what I've seen, it's a gentle, enjoyable server, designed more for the feel of a place to hang out with friends than a server that tries to play with the big leagues. The first 10+ people seemed to come from one server, for example, and they built a lot of the customs around not following that servers' mistakes.

Arc, if you see Jeff, tell him Lass / Ansuz says sorry for not popping in to say hi, if the mate even remembers me. xD Reality's a biff.

Sylvaron

Quote from: Ansuz Isaz on Jul 30, 2008, 01:23 AM
o_o MephistRO has an economy now? Wow. xD The only people vending I saw when I used to play was Jeff and his vending of a few items on his legit.

I like the server simply because the people are awesome, really. =D Admittedly, I get a bit iffy when I found that the server was hosted by someone other than the adminstrator, but... Meh. xD

Generally, there are only a few things that really bother me about MaphistRO, and the largest is the fact that the lower drop items are always desplayed to everyone. =P To some, this is no big deal, and even a good thing. However, I've found this feature to grow very, very annoying after a while.

Unless things have changed dramatically, you will almost immediately get accepted as part of the community, if you're willing to say hello. =P From what I've seen, it's a gentle, enjoyable server, designed more for the feel of a place to hang out with friends than a server that tries to play with the big leagues. The first 10+ people seemed to come from one server, for example, and they built a lot of the customs around not following that servers' mistakes.

Arc, if you see Jeff, tell him Lass / Ansuz says sorry for not popping in to say hi, if the mate even remembers me. xD Reality's a biff.

xD Hey there Lasseh. Mm to hit a few points here:

"Admittedly, I get a bit iffy when I found that the server was hosted by someone other than the adminstrator, but... Meh."

Most servers are not even hosted by an admin of the server. They're run on shared hostings that have a couple'a hundred other RO servers on them. IE Magistar Networks' hosting (which is actually probably quite good for a shared host, I believe. But that's beside the point). Atleast ours is run by one of the admins, who is also probably the kindest guy I know.

"Generally, there are only a few things that really bother me about MaphistRO, and the largest is the fact that the lower drop items are always desplayed to everyone. =P"

Currently this is applying to items of .60 drop rate and below, mostly cards. I was planning removing this once the userbase is over a steady 20, as it'd... definitely get annoying.

"The first 10+ people seemed to come from one server, for example, and they built a lot of the customs around not following that servers' mistakes."

This is true, the first 10 or so of us are from the old KKRO server that died a year ago. I built my balancing of items around it while fixing out the quirks/problems users had to say about it.

Ansuz Isaz

In regards to the hosting thing, that's true. I'm just obsessively paranoid. xD In truth, I really don't trust anyone to host a server, though I tend to trust the large hosting companies a little more. It wasn't too much of a negative thing, just something worth mentioning. I'm a paranoid person. I haven't let anyone else cook for me since I was about ten. xD Poisoning incident.

I really do hope you get rid of that showing thing eventually. xD It's not a horrible problem yet, and I'll grant that, but it's bound to be. -Nods.-

Now then, I think I'll pop into the server again sooner or later. Most of my work in reality have calmed down a little. However, I have a few things online I have to clean up before I relax completely. n_n