LimitRo Review

Started by Sunni, May 03, 2019, 10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunni

Hi RMS.

I have been playing on LimitRO for some time now, and the server in my opinion deserves much more player base.

I really don't understand, why so many people hate LimitRo that much.

My honest review on LimitRO:

First thing first...

Cash features:
The server offers many many ways to obtain free cash, honestly I was surprised when I saw it and recent patches, they released even more ways.
I can literary farm my way up with full cashed items for like few months.

The cash shop itself offers useables such as stats food, token of sieg, bubblegum. You can also find Wings(Cash shop wings surprised me a lot, there are sooo many of them *-*) and Auras.
I tried to look for Headgears, but I didn't find any at first. Then I found out that in LimitRO, all headgears and costume headgears are Cash free,
they are spread out thru different egg scrolls, quests, event boxes, which makes LimitRO the only server that doesn't sell Hats in cash shop.
Amazing feature*-*.

Content Game Play:
LimitRO has been around since 2009, first time when i found out about that, i thought i would be halfly dead server without new content BUT as far as I know, Limitro is one of the several private servers which has recent kro and jro updates*-*.
Right now the server is on Episode 16.2. It kind of surprised me at first but when i asked helpers they said that 17.1 is under dev and they rather wait for more information to make it perfect than rush updates.
The server offers 185/65 max level and all the updated skills for 1st, 2nd/trans, 3rd jobs and extended ones.
Also has all Illusion dungeons, all enchanting features.
You can also find very little RNG, what really cheers me up, coz my luck sucks a little XD.

Refine system has been boosted recently and tbh i think this is very newbie friendly approach, at least it helped me a lot when i started.

Commands and General NPCs are very convienient.
Bug fixes are always on priority 1, I mean which server doesn't them lol.

Instance, quest, monster farm, events, there are so much to do!! help!

Community:
Most of the players are friendly and i always recieve answers to my questions, of course there are few idiots too, but i think every server has few of them xDD.
Discord forums and wiki are cool too :3
They even have mini games in discord(Im kinda addicted to Hangman one).

But after each WoE, guys, be ready with Popcorn, because you will see about 20-30 minutes of keyboard fights in Main channel...
if you ask me, it's quite amusing :D

Helper team is so nice, they are very helpful, they are hosting different parties and they helped me a lot when i just started,
especially with understanding how do the things work here, because it was little different from other servers, they have
a lot of features so it took me some time to learn about all of them.

Economy:
It's not so hard to farm decent zeny in a mid rate, they have their own guides and BTW farming is little different here, but i like it.
basically what i like the most is that you can get enough money to gear up even if you are new to server.
Most of the essential gears to farm in thanatos or moscovia forest can be obtained on day 1.

If you want some quick zeny, you can always get VIP coins, which you can sell for around 150m zeny each ingame.
Otherwise, most items are not expensive for a mid rate server. Also what surprised me a lot VIP Coins, its not only
about donation and P2W but they are used as currency :o and you can easily buy them in game, even without donating.

WoE:
I'm now in a Silk WoE guild, I can tell that there are 2 types of WoE in LimitRO.
Normal WoE which allows basically every gears in it(for end gamers :c) and Silk WoE with a lot of restrictions, such as no cash items,
no equipments more than +7 refines, no MvP cards etc..

The Silk Woe is what I like most, since I'm not super old player of LimitRO and doesn't have that many end game items yet...
There are many guilds fighting in Silk WoE for 2 castles and its not about items its aaall about how you play, at first i was
doubting should i join the silk guild or no, but after joining i undestood that YES, if you play on LimitRo and if you like WOE,
you should deffinetly join, everyone in guild was sooo nice, they helped me with tips, guides, equipment *-*, If you are reading this
i love you guys! <3

I got my own Silk equipments set, in like 2 weeks when I decided to give it a try.

GM Team:
I haven't seen any GMs in LimitRO, except there are developers and Lai, and then Helper Team.
As far as I know, Helper team is players only, they don't have any GM powers.
The devs are only working on the server content and bug fixes, can't really talk to them.

So, for now I only have Lai as my contact on discord, if I need any help or questions, but it rarely happens.
He seems very nice, in DM or general chats... I like his funny vibe and his videos on youtube are just hillarious.
i like how he interacts with players, he streams on his facebook, and makes youtube videos.
answer questions, and do ingame activities...

I also noticed one more important thig that surprised me a lot in the good way, everytime before they change something
there is always poll to find out what we think, at first i thought it was only a show off, but there was a case when everyone
voted no and it really didn't happen :o

In the end i would like to say, that i don't understand why so many players think that server is bad, because from my point of view
i haven't seen anything bad yet:o.

Summary:
Very good server. :)

yennar

In the end i would like to say, that i don't understand why so many players think that server is bad, because from my point of view
i haven't seen anything bad yet:o.

If it is a legitime question from you:

Spoiler

If you just want to make marketing you shouldn't ask and i can delete this post.
It doesn't matter how good the server really is if you can't trust the admin

Lai

Quote from: yennar on May 03, 2019, 11:50 AM

Come on, those topics were made 10 years ago... it's been 10 years... maybe give this guy another chance... <3

LimitRO is much more than just Lai.
It has a great community, the players, guilds, helpers etc.

Don't let 10 years ago incident by Lai block a good present server and community.

Tbh, I know RMS isn't my playground ever since those old incident.

But the fact is that there aren't much in the present day that you can despite LimitRO off.

Just give it a try <3

Sunni

Quote from: yennar on May 03, 2019, 11:50 AM
If it is a legitime question from you:

Spoiler

If you just want to make marketing you shouldn't ask and i can delete this post.
It doesn't matter how good the server really is if you can't trust the admin
Yes this is a real question, also i've read the post that you provided and i'm quite surprised. all i want to say is that idk what was going on there 10 years ago :o but from what i can see now, LimitRo is good place to play (my personal opinion) and i haven't heard anything about corruption or so during my ~3 months here already  /swt
Can you please provide more recent data? :o
10 years have passed after all, i think everything changed since then :o

yennar

Quote from: Sunni on May 03, 2019, 03:20 PM

I'm not here to discuss server bias with you, nor am i here to speak against or for LimitRO. You can think what you want.
I just answered the question you asked, that's all.

owhead

Quote from: Sunni on May 03, 2019, 03:20 PM
Easy, http://forum.ratemyserver.net/rant-and-rave/all-about-limitro/