LimitRO over some month's

Started by Guarho, Nov 15, 2017, 05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guarho

I was playing a lot this on from some weeks ago in the server and here we go, i'm not involved at all about the server so i think this will be a imparcial review.
I'm Guarho a not old, not experienced, just a dedicated RO player, a grinder one but i'm a indecisive (I'm that guy who have all the jobs on their account) so i don't have a short perspective but maybe not friendly for casual players.
And a full free to play player, that never gona pay/donate for anything. I'll preffer grind out by my own. (Maybe because the bad conversion rate of my currency /heh)
So having this on mind, here it's my experience.

- Rates 100x100x25x.
It's a "fake mid rates" the leveling it's nearly a joke thanks to 4 simply things: Mercenary custom system, Easy battle manuals (5+ per char), Infinite Space instance and 75 level share. On 30 minutes and some zenny you can go up from 0 to lvl 120 Third job (Buying a mercenary and using it to clear high densed maps) and then every 3 hours join to a Infinite space run and on 1~2 days you can hit max level without even kill something by you own. There is no partys for leveling up out of that instance.
Drops rates on "25x", but certain things have a custom lower rate for to keep the market more stable. (Pendants of Jitterburg, Bio Lab Drops, etc...), but cards from normal, miniboss and mvp have the same drop rate.
Sometimes for events or compensations there are 1.5x mob rate.

- The server it's renewall and had been for so many years online.
Understand. The end-game it's just insane, it's blow minding (People soloing Nightmare Biolab, isn't that rare).
You can't simply join the server and expect do something vs the old players.
There are a lot of MvP Cards, over-upgraded items and optimized builds.

- The server implemented items from diferents original servers.
There aren't customs items (Besides half of the costume window), are items from jRo, kRo and iRo. All mixed up.
So... you can have a lot of fun making crazy things, the versatility on PvM escenarios are increbile.
This could overwhelm new players of renewall.
And some 3rd jobs have their alternative jRo outfit/sprite (Exchangeable)

- Economy.
The server it's pay to win (Donate2Win). Simply. If you have real money you can buy nearly anything on the game.
BUT. The zenny it's worthy, as the same way you can make it donating you can do it grinding out ingame and even the "VIP Coin" it's tradeable, you can buy it from another players directly on zenny or by trades.
The economy it's really stable but pretty high (Considering all the tools that are implemented, it's fair), all the MvP cards, Miniboss cards have a price.
Have a dedicated map for trades and broadcasting (With cooldown and a price)
And! The real money trades are allowed. So, if you get bored of the game/server just sell your stuff/account and there you go. You don't feel you wasted your time or even make a market for your own.

- WoE/PvP/BG
There are Woe Point System, if you play woe you got it just for be there on the castle played (Exchanged for: Usefull items, consumables or simply Flashy Pendant/Ring) and there are new extra drops from the treasure chest.
PvP isn't noob-friendly, but it's on a accesible point. (Idk exactly, didn't get enough PvP Gears)
But at least there are a dailie tournament, making worthy gear yourself for PvP.
The BG it's some strange there are days that non-stops plays and there are days that no one plays. It's... weird. But nearly it's the same feeling that PvP. (There are 3rd Job BG and Trascendent BG) and the rewards beside the weapons and traditional equipment. There are the shadow gears (Scatter, 2nd and 3rd job)

- Community
The server it's mainly english but have people worldwide. If you are part of diferent language it's nearly for sure you'll find people to play with, the single rule it's don't broadcast on another language.
The average people are 500 (But like... 100~150 autovendors)
The people... there are varied. Trash talkers, egocentric, trolls and on the same rate friendly, patiente or helpfull guys.

- Cheating, Boting, Afking farm, Multi Client.
The server have a good gepard shield, the quanty of bots are minimal. (On my time just finded 4 bots and all got banned)
For normal ways you can't use autoclickers and that things. And even the server have a fixed delay of aftercast (Matches with max ASPD) so you can't simply use macros to overpass it.
The server have a hard policy of no afk farmers (Auto casting, homunculus, etc...)
You can do a triple log-in if you want.
Good things?

- The server keep updating constantly.
Right now it's on 16.1 Banquet of Heroes, with fully functional Dorams and implementing cards slowly (Brasilis, Jitterburg, Faceworm, Moscovia, Nightmare Biolab, etc...)
There are implemented nearly all instances, equipments, quests before the 16.1
Maybe it's some slow? compared to another up to date server. But "usually" it's implemented right and stable.

- Whats custom?
The principal things are one instance (Wave mode), all the costume related items (Wings, Auras, Headgears) these are enchantables for some stats and some the things from Cash store (Name colors, +1 Safe Refine).
There are custom drops by mobs. Some normal headgears, some costume headgears.
For nearly all jro, kro content it's by crafting/quest. So there are a lot of custom quests and for costumes.

- GM Participation, Automated events
There are directly 2 GM's that stays active nearly dailie (At least, they anwser on 48 hours or less)
Have a system oh Helpers (Normal players with Broadcast unlimited), so usually if you have a question or need help you don't need wait too much for answer.
The report system it's fairly ordenated so you can keep track of what bugs/errors/problems are in the server and usually each week it's solved.
The server have a Event Point System, you can exchange them for: Costume hats, GYM Pass, Boarding Halter, etc...
To get that points are an automated event each hour and a "dailie per account", a lot of the events are pretty noob friendly.
Beside the events there are a Fishing system, that can give Event points or even the GM events gives it.

- Easy tools that pushes the end-game.
There are a lot of tools for a mid rates server, we are talking about: Safe refine +5~7 obtainables on the custom instance (On low rate), the blacksmith top players have 5% extra succes rate at refining, the WPS  can be exchanged for Enriched or HD Oridecon/Elunium/Carnium/Bradium or buyed by Cash, there are +1 Safe refines on VIP Shop (Limited to +16), Godly Enchanter a service where you got guarranted a enchant (AWW, FAW, Mora, Verus, Malangdo, etc...), a Gemstone system for the costumes that gives diferent buffs.
So yeah, there are a lot of tools on the server. This, it's why i call it "fake mid rates".

I forgot something? Don't know.

Lai

When I first saw this topic in Top 5 RMS, i was like............ what the hell, what now... what have I done now.....

And then, when I read thru, I was thinking...damn...what a nice person that gave such a true review.

Some minor misses, but meh doesn't really matter, in overall thank you for an honest review, it's been awhile someone giving LimitRO a good review ~~

<3