Life Ragnarok Online (a must try)

Started by Angela1122, Aug 08, 2014, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angela1122

I. Introduction:

Well, let me introduce myself first so that readers may do understand how well I deserve making such reviews for a certain Ragnarok Server

My name is Angela (and yes, im a girl), a Filipina and was an avid fan and player of the Ragnarok Online for more than 8 years of my existence. I started playing when I was in my secondary studies together with my friends which includes my boyfriend (who happens to be my husband now.) And.. oh well, this is sooo insignificant, and people dont really care. haha. So, to the review..

Life Ragnarok Online

Amidst the bustling numbers of MMORPGs, uproar the heights of Ragnarok Online prominence, one server started its way out on the 26th day of June, 2014 in the effort of its finest Staffs and Admins

The Server offers ...
Spoiler

Server Features

Episode 13 - Ash Vacuum
Very Close to Official (We're trying to be as close as possible but not too close)
Complete Pre-Renewal Mechanics. (No Third Classes, Renewal Maps, Items and Mobs)
No Customized Items, Maps, Monsters, Classes and Skills.
God Items disabled.
Armor Enchantment disabled.
No Job Changer / No Free Skill & Stat Reset.
No Customized Palettes, Hair Style, Hair Color. (We'll be using the original sprites created by GRAVITY)
No Full SP Healer & Buffer NPC. (To bring back the value of SP Recovery Items and Support classes.)
No dual logging (All players can open 1 client only.)
Battlegrounds (Implemented on July 19, 2014)
Official Banking Feature

Server Rates
Base / Job Experience Rate: 50x
Normal Equipment Drop Rate: 15x
Usable / Misc. Drop Rate: 15x
Normal Card Drop Rate: 5x-10x (Card Drop Rate changes every hour)
MVP Equipment Drop Rate: 1x
MVP Card Drop Rate: 1x
Max Base Level: 99 (Transcendent Class)
Max Job Level: 70 (Transcendent Class) | 50 (Non-Transcendent Class)
Leveling
10% Bonus Experience for every member of the party. (Idle party members are not counted.)

Custom Features

Poring Coin System - Players can exchange their coins for valuable usables and rental equipment. Poring Coins are obtained from events.
Headgear Quest NPC. (Most of the best Headgears are available for quest.)
Status Re setter. (Requires 1x 3 Carat Diamond, 20x Blue Potions, 5x Gold and a small fee, fee depends on the character's base level.)
Advanced Tool Dealer. (Tool Dealer sells all the essential items such as Gemstones, Potions, Flywing and etc.)
Card Remover. (20% Success Chance)
Free Mounts for all classes. (Halter Leads)
PvP Arena with WoE Mechanics enabled.

Game Modifications

Emperium is no longer dropped by normal mob. Emperium can only be obtained from killing MvP.
Battleground equipments (Armour/Weapon) are disabled.
Mobster spawn rate is changed to 25 from 1 at cmd_fild02.
Added more memorizable maps. (niflheim, payon_arche, gef_fild06, glast01, ra_fild01, ve_fild03, gl_knt01, gl_sew01, in_sphinx2)
Guild Alliance is disabled.
Maximum Guild  Positions is changed to 40.
A Guild can only conquer maximum of 2 castles. (To prevent 1 guild to own all castles.)
Rachel Sanctuary is opened and there's no need to raise 500m. Players just need to finish the quest.
Witherless Rose and Crystal Mirror's drop rate are decreased by half.

Player Commands
@autoloot - Automatically picks the items dropped by the monster.
@alootid - Automatically picks specific item dropped by the monster.
@autoloottype - You can specify what items are you picking.
@autotrade - Let's you vend your items even you're offline. (Maximum of 8 hours)
@commands - Shows the list of commands available for you.
@exp - Shows your current experience progress.
@hominfo - Shows your Homunculus' Information.
@homstats - Shows your Homunculus' Status.
@iteminfo - Shows the information of an item.
@mobinfo - Shows the information of a monster.
@noask - Blocks all the whisper sent to you.
@noks - To activate Kill Steal Protection. (Doesn't work on MVPs)
@whodrops - Shows the list of monsters that drops the item you've searched.
@whereis - Shows the map where the monster spawns normally.
@duel - Invites a player for a match.
[close]

For the review part

Server

a. Stability
: Well, I give a 9-point score for this as there might have been a slight issues on lag spikes (especially for Asians) which I was too proud to say that this was consistently given enough support and attention to be addressed by its Admins/Staff. Lag spikes normally does happen, and with a small chances that I've experienced, we got a good and stable gameplay for this server so far

I made this modification after 2 days I initially wrote this review. Somethings badly happening on the server that frequent server crashes happens. Well, its a bit annoying. There had been also a RESET event, which I was so disappointed for not having any of the two despite having this review. Anyway, its a no importance to me anyways. Going back, server had been unstable for the past 2 days. So im dropping the score to 6 now.

b. Availability
: Server runs for more than a month now. I dont think unavailability would be a great issue for a new server. So far so good. Weekly and timely maintenance are given with prior announcement on their forums. So its 10 points for me. Oh by the way, its http://board.lifero.co/ as their forum site

Community

a. Friendliness: As expected with a lot of servers around, Life Ragnarok Online is composed of merely 80% Filipinos, the rest.. Non-Filipinos. LOL. There would be two kinds of people to be seen here.. Givers and Takers.. Takers are those who eat well. They could be found roaming around Midgard, talking, bashing, making fun and a lot. Givers are those who sleep well. They prefer just to read chats, sleep and AFK. Overall, we got hospitable and a friendly community in here. Leave those Givers.. they just do have fun by showing no care at all. LOL. 10 points for this

b. Eventfullness: Other than Dice, Poring Catcher and Devil Square which are automatically generated, Staffs like Angel-Mio pops up on chat for about once a week, giving fun events which generates greater urge for players to play and enjoy the server. Weekly events are full of fun and can be enjoyed by everyone, unless u're a retard. 10 points

Game Masters

a. Friendliness Of all the listed Game Master/Staff; one person consistently be seen on most of all the technicalities, queries and even rant and rave management. GM Sky. Im taking this review on this part for Sky, in behalf of his other co-admins. This CAT-man is terribly, undeniably, perfectly awesome. Very approachable and with a great sense of humor. He always see too it that harmonious environment is observed (as well as what other GMs do also). I like this people. They we're like your bestfriends in-game. And yes, you can even talk dirty with them. LOL So.. 10 points

b. Availability Unless on their real-time activities or asleep, they are unavailable. I understand Life Ragnarok isnt what they live for life.. but the dedication and effort to attend things on time.. that makes me  /no1 for them. 10 points

c. Helpfullness: What else can you wish for? They could help you in all things you needed, in-game, and even personal. As long as it doesnt compromise any regulations or visions.. Hell yeah, these GMs will find their way to attend your needs like SuperHeroes!  /lv

Game-play

a. Economy: With a balance rate, changing card rates, the economy can be found well balanced. No retarded donations and overpowered gears. Its like playing with other who plays on the same time spent, just like you do. Even a newly registered player can easily catch up with those who had been playing for so long. So yes, its a 10-point score for me.

b. Guild Competition: Well, War of Emperium havent started yet. But looking into the chats, I could see that there is a good rivalry among some of the guilds around. Which for me is interesting, as this boosts up more of the desire to be the greatest, so thus generating more effort to stay around, play and have fun.

c. Class Balance: This is indeed one of the extraordinary things you could excellently make yourself go to Life Ragnarok. If you wanted to play as a Full Support Priest, Linker or Sage.. This is the place to be. No dual-logging thus no slaves around. Every player is indeed a genuine player. Players whom you could talk to, invite and party with them, and have fun grinding and levelling. Priest buffs and support skills are highly appreciated. Their warps are such a demand that without them, you could see yourself walking 5 maps just to reach your destination. So hell yeah, this is what Classic means.

I've never made any reviews on any server just the way I did in here. I am just an ordinary Filipina gamer out there, I am not in any involvement with the Life Ragnarok Staff and admins, but I'm pretty much sure that what they created is not just an ordinary server for me. It will indeed gonna be a home for us. Hope everything will fall the way it was invisioned on the start. Keep the "Classic" thing, and this server will rock..

By the way, its currently Server's maintenance the time I'm writing this.. SO hell yeah, i talked too much now.. Gotta go sleep. See yah all!

pusanginamoy

I questioned the Server's stability..9? c'mon ive been playing the server since 1st day and occasionaly the server's down and lagging sometimes. Like today players can't connect and no admins yet to look in to this.  /swt

Nekoruchii

Thank you for the review, Angela. We appreciate it.

As for, pusanginamoy, the server crashed due to the High Priest's Basilica skill~ As one of the staff there, I barely encountered lagspikes or lag in my stay there. (I also roam around to check on the players)

Chimichanga

Positives: GMs were hard-working and the customs are nice. Server customized features were comprehensive and well-developed. GMs would try to answer questions as quickly as possible. LifeRO has one of the best economies, if not the best economy of any server I've been in. The anti-dual-logging is pretty ideal, but the software caused so many problems in the first couple of days.

Negatives: Actually, the server was pretty unstable when I was there for two weeks. The GMs even had to resort to giving away manuals and bb gum for when the server was down.

The community is definitely not LifeRO's selling point. I remember making a merchant on the first day and being KSed by archers who were doing it on purpose to add insult to injury. As I eventually got my WS, I was still KSed. A merchant first char is not exactly easy on this server and LifeRO was the only server I ever played where I was KSed. The reset system is really tedious as a lump sum is more effective and it takes an excessive amount of effort to try to party with other people unless you join a guild. The chat was also spammed frequently. There has been incidents where players were trash talking each other and a large contingent of which left from that incident. This prompted the server to create an incentive event to bring them back.

At one point, the economy was heavily reliant on the sale of job and exp manuals x 3, which I was confused as to how people got a hold of so many. Also, I had inquiries about the reset that no GMs answered.

Angela1122

Just made some modification especially on the Stability part.

pusanginamoy

Quote from: Chimichanga on Aug 10, 2014, 03:28 PM
Positives: GMs were hard-working and the customs are nice. Server customized features were comprehensive and well-developed. GMs would try to answer questions as quickly as possible. LifeRO has one of the best economies, if not the best economy of any server I've been in. The anti-dual-logging is pretty ideal, but the software caused so many problems in the first couple of days.

Negatives: Actually, the server was pretty unstable when I was there for two weeks. The GMs even had to resort to giving away manuals and bb gum for when the server was down.

The community is definitely not LifeRO's selling point. I remember making a merchant on the first day and being KSed by archers who were doing it on purpose to add insult to injury. As I eventually got my WS, I was still KSed. A merchant first char is not exactly easy on this server and LifeRO was the only server I ever played where I was KSed. The reset system is really tedious as a lump sum is more effective and it takes an excessive amount of effort to try to party with other people unless you join a guild. The chat was also spammed frequently. There has been incidents where players were trash talking each other and a large contingent of which left from that incident. This prompted the server to create an incentive event to bring them back.

At one point, the economy was heavily reliant on the sale of job and exp manuals x 3, which I was confused as to how people got a hold of so many. Also, I had inquiries about the reset that no GMs answered.

Ksing is part of the game also there's a command @NOKS to avoid being KS'd. The Main/Market/Recruit channel has been changed now which is good (Megaphone item, Broadcast NPC)

@bold

These can be obtain through poring coins(automated events) and donations. For Staffs i dont have issue with them they're pretty approachable if you're using the right way(Send Private Message directly in Facebook or Forum, Make a thread in forum)

As of now server is down again and players can't connect.  /swt

Chimichanga

Actually KSing is illegal on a lot of servers or at least it used to be. Even when it is not illegal, players tend to display some form of respect which you never see in LifeRO. I find it strange that out of all the servers I have played (I have played quite a few), this is one that was pretty bad in terms of that aspect and the only one where KSing is rampant. I should not have to use that noks command.

pusanginamoy

Quote from: Chimichanga on Aug 11, 2014, 03:47 PM
Actually KSing is illegal on a lot of servers or at least it used to be. Even when it is not illegal, players tend to display some form of respect which you never see in LifeRO. I find it strange that out of all the servers I have played (I have played quite a few), this is one that was pretty bad in terms of that aspect and the only one where KSing is rampant. I should not have to use that noks command.

You cannot please everybody..either report the violator or use the @noks command.  /heh

lilsword

QuoteI made this modification after 2 days I initially wrote this review. Somethings badly happening on the server that frequent server crashes happens. Well, its a bit annoying. There had been also a RESET event, which I was so disappointed for not having any of the two despite having this review. Anyway, its a no importance to me anyways. Going back, server had been unstable for the past 2 days. So im dropping the score to 6 now.
Hi Angela, thanks for the review. I sincerely apologize for the recent ups and down of the server. I understand that it is a bit frustrating and disappointing, but we've managed to fix it within the day and i can assure you that this won't happen again. As for the lag spikes, a player from PH told me that internet connection on their country are not really good although he's not experiencing lag spikes.

As for the stat reset, it'll be the last reset for this quarter, and i don't know if we're going to give more in the future. But we'll see. ^^

Thank you again for this wonderful/honest review. We'll keep on doing our best to keep the server stable and the community in harmony.  /no1

lilsword

Quote from: Chimichanga on Aug 10, 2014, 03:28 PM
I respond to all the queries/message in our forum/facebook page. Is it possible to resend your message?

Gatoruchato

I currently live in the Philippines (moving out next month) and I'm a PLDT subscriber and the only thing I can say is I never lagged in my stay here. I'm even using a old computer which I bought from my friend last 2010 according to him he had it since 2004. Considering I also used SmartBro (the one with the sim card) and I also did not lagged too.

I also had asked some players and they don't lag as well. It means you guys are doing something to have some lag issues.

Just my experience and some players' experiences too. Not my 2 cents.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ლ(╹◡╹ლ) (ノ °益°)

pusanginamoy

The Server is declining (from 300 unique players down to 120ish~ with vendors/duals) due to server issues and client sided errors...and now maintenance for 1 week? originally 2 days. WTF.

I won't be surprised if they close this soon.

Lyuri

Do you even know why the maintenance took almost a week? Pretty much the maintenance had gave me some benefits to those busy casual players out there and did not gave benefits on the daily players. I'm sure they are doing a long maintenance for a better server.

dontknowright

Public Service Announcement:

If you value your time (and money), don't play on any server that does not have a test server, automated backups, and where maintenance lasts more than an hour or two.

These are sure signs management have no idea how to properly run a server.

pusanginamoy