LeikaRO

Started by vizier, Nov 29, 2016, 10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vizier

I decided to write a slightly lengthy review for Leika cuz.. why not?

For starters, let me say that I tend to avoid low rate server. Not that I dislike them, in fact I used to be able to play them avidly... but nowadays low rate server felt like a chore for me. However when I read that they actually tried to balance classes, it quickly pique my interest.

Server ratings
Stability/Availability - 10/10

No issue. It's stable and hardly goes down.

Community ratings
Friendliness - 7/10
Consist mostly of AFKers in Prontera.. but I did encounter a helpful and active bunch, helping me to level to 3rd job and pointing out some stuffs about the server.
I really appreciate it.  /no1

Eventfulness - 6/10
Pretty much your standard automated events. Disguise, Cluckers and Garden Invasion which will reward you with Kawaii Coins that's used for crafting headgears. Oddly enough there seems to be lack of interest of joining automated events. If you're lucky, you'll encounter 1-2 other people and up to 5-6 people when joining automated events.

Game Master ratings
Friendliness/Availability/Helpfulness - 8/10
Pretty chill and active. They're willing to host events regularly and troll new players by spawning weeds. 10/10 would eat Old again.

Gameplay ratings
Note that I left guild competition intentionally since I'm not interested in doing WoE yet.

Economy - 6/10
Not much to say. Most of the autovends sells junk cards/random equips. High-end equips seems pretty rare to see nowadays e.g Temp boots.

Class balance - 10/10
Probably the only Renewal server that dares to balance classes. Underused classes received much needed boost to compete with powerhouses like Ranger and Genetic.

Notable things to mention
+ One of the best hat simulator around /heh There's plenty of kawaii headgears to collect here.
+ Few jRO equips are implemented here to support more class builds.
+ Few equips have their stat or set effect rebalanced/edited accordingly. e.g Mora sets
+ Some card effects are changed/tweaked accordingly to make them slightly useful.
- Donation stuffs.. aren't really game breaking but some of the equips do give considerable advantages.
- The lockbox system is an interesting feature but there should be more ways of getting the keys aside of the cash shop/mission board.
- PvM/MvP is slightly challenging. You'll notice from the get go that monster's spell now hits like a truck. For example an Evil Druid Heaven's Drive is capable of oneshotting any unwary newbies. Tbh it can be annoying since you need to be extra careful against monsters that can cast spells, plus getting high MDEF is kinda hard for non-magic classes.. but I guess I need to get used to it.
- Not exactly the most up-to-date Renewal server. A few instances are missing / pretty much work in progress. No cats either.

Overall, I find it weird that Leika lacks of players despite running for around 2 years with interesting custom features and dedicated administration. Definitely worth to try if you're getting bored of standard Renewal settings.

Terpsichore

Hey, thank you for writing this, reviews are a rare sight.

If you need some doubts cleared, just contact me in-game, I can't help but to notice that you've got a few.