Karma RO

Started by stokes174, Jun 18, 2012, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stokes174

So let me start this by saying that I started playing RO way back when IRO first came out and have been off and on ever since. I moved over to private servers but was never able to stick because none of them had just the right feel for me.

Fast forward a few years and I would give it another shot. After perusing looking for a server start on I landed on Karma RO

My initial reaction to this server was WOW it is easy to get started!

Economy - N/A

I can't put a review on the economy yet because the server opened 2nd week of June 2012.

Community - 10/10 SO FAR

Upon initial launch there were about 20 players of which I have not spoken to any that gave off any sort of assholish vibes so thats good!
I am starting to see some competitiveness spring up so that is definately a good thing :)

Leveling / soloing

The mission system that is built into this server is a phenomenal Idea. It makes you hunt monsters you wouldn't normally hunt. This is also an amazing idea because it will populate the market with lower prices for items that aren't normally hunted.

You accept a mission (based around your level), go kill monsters, turn in the mission. You recieve a substantial amount of EXP compared to going off and hunting in typical leveling grounds. You also recieve reward points for reward vendor that gives items that are PERFECT for those who can't spend hours upon hours farming. Ex - 100 RP for a hunter bow +25% DS dmg and decent atk damage. Again, not the best out there but it helps the average player immensely.

I have played for about 4-5 hours and have a 95 hunter just doing the conventional missions and random farming.

Drawbacks - The mission system applies to all party members so it will be very easy for people to leach others... On the other hand I have been having a lot of fun with friends doing missions so its a double-edged sword.

PVP / WOE / BG 10/10

There is an option upon making a character that allows you to get an instant 99 class that can ONLY participate in PVP / BG. This is such an amazing idea!!!

Drawbacks - Since the server population is so low right now there doesn't seem to be any WOE going on that I can tell.

Lag / server issues - 10/10

I have yet to experience any sort of delay / disconnects. They also mentioned having implemented some sort of server-side delay feature which I have no idea what it does but it seems to remedy a lot of issues I have had in the past on other private servers. (A better explanation from someone would be appreciated :) )

Overall I would give this server so far a 9/10 due to the lack of a population.

Nicosmic

Hi,

I'm glad you're enjoying our server! We're working hard to improve each day and bring more players in, so we hope we can turn that last 9/10 into a 10/10 for you soon!