Honest review of VividRO

Started by Malfis, May 29, 2015, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reality

Quote from: Malfis on May 29, 2015, 06:27 AM

Oh sorry GM Reality for you not having ban logs, also jumping to conclusions to quick? I just pointed obvious thing as a question from curiosity. Anyways

Why would ban logs be public? It's not anyone's business and half of them are IPs/MACs, not character names.

-Reality

Malfis

Quote from: Reality on May 29, 2015, 06:35 AM
Why would ban logs be public? It's not anyone's business and half of them are IPs/MACs, not character names.

-Reality

Well it's my opinion but i believe that would help build a player gm trust thing and maybe more people would report something instead of "meeh not worth reporting, still 0 actions gonna be taken" but if it's ip's/mac's then i understand of no need to do it :)
Also i believe you gonna say that people reporting stuff and so on, but seeing bg broken for ages and when you fixed it you said nobody were even reporting it, so that's the point.

flipflop9000

You are very honest about your server review. We are deeply moved by your personal feelings towards your ban.

Good luck on your next server.

-Salt

exii

Too much bla bla in this thread.

But some things just made me laugh. You said in your own board that, friendly formulated, Luciar doest have much experience. So why does a GM without any clue have access to a full set of GM equipment he never needs?
Also, we have ignore commands or simply @hide for GMs if they stand around in bio. I dont need to see what happened, I just asked Luna what happend. The catering in this scene was way too comfortable and a party always must bear the risk that a mob can spawn in their party because the might not be alone there. I cannot see any kind of corruption here but I spoke with Luna about that.

I see good forum events there (which had been stopped after the server launched, sadly) but I also see the rough controverse by very unprofessional moves/actions.

And from what Ive heard is that the admin is more focused to lvl/gear up his own chars instead to administrate/develop things. That explains why he doesnt give a s*** about the rest of the world.
Still laughing my donkey off when Amy tried to explain me why one of you headgears have to cost $40 based on a fcking lack of knowledge.
exii - leader of the nonsense army

finest low quality gw2 streams: http://www.twitch.tv/exii_against_the_world

Reality

Quote from: exii on Jun 01, 2015, 05:16 AM
And from what Ive heard is that the admin is more focused to lvl/gear up his own chars instead to administrate/develop things. That explains why he doesnt give a s*** about the rest of the world.

Are you kidding me? I've spent maybe two days of leveling/MVPing total of 18 days of being open, with a level 94ish High Priest and Minstrel, so I can help get BG started or join parties to increase server activity. Tell me more about how I spend all my time on my legits when they're critically undergeared and underleveled, and not even in a guild.

Cute slander, though. Gotta love the 2k15 RO community and its targeting of the only midrate admin left who actually cares about his server/players and plays fair with competition.

-Reality

Nano

lol @ this whole thread, a GM with bad PR and a player with a completely not honest review.

Move this to hall of shame and get done with it?

Reality

Quote from: Nano on Jun 02, 2015, 12:15 AM
lol @ this whole thread, a GM with bad PR and a player with a completely not honest review.

Move this to hall of shame and get done with it?

The Hall of Shame is for staff, especially administrators, who have a proven track record of corruption, abuse, hacking, etc. I'm not sure that's the correct action when pretty much everything regarding me and my servers is baseless slander, trivial, or already resolved issues. >_>;

-Reality

exii

Quote from: Reality on Jun 01, 2015, 11:16 PM
Are you kidding me? I've spent maybe two days of leveling/MVPing total of 18 days of being open, with a level 94ish High Priest and Minstrel, so I can help get BG started or join parties to increase server activity. Tell me more about how I spend all my time on my legits when they're critically undergeared and underleveled, and not even in a guild.

Cute slander, though. Gotta love the 2k15 RO community and its targeting of the only midrate admin left who actually cares about his server/players and plays fair with competition.
-Reality
You can tell whatever you want. I dont even know you, never played on your servers before and didnt even created an ingame account on vivd. Im just a neutral observer and the server still would look promising to me if I didnt know about the problems around.
But if your own GMs feel like to leave because of you and tell me their true opinions how things are going, I have abolutely no doubts about those.

The woe guilds you were joing before also gave me more negative response about you btw. Its not possible to hide the past once youve decided to be a person of interest.

Oniichan

Quote from: exii on Jun 02, 2015, 03:47 AM
You can tell whatever you want. I dont even know you, never played on your servers before and didnt even created an ingame account on vivd. Im just a neutral observer and the server still would look promising to me if I didnt know about the problems around.
But if your own GMs feel like to leave because of you and tell me their true opinions how things are going, I have abolutely no doubts about those.

The woe guilds you were joing before also gave me more negative response about you btw. Its not possible to hide the past once youve decided to be a person of interest.

Oh, you sound like you are one of those people who believe anyone's words, sure go ahead. Unlike most people who actually believe the rumors and other gossips, i applied to be the first staff member in both of reality's recent servers. unlike all those super money hungry admins like casero/talisro/oncero (yrvine), reality actually worked his donkey off for hours all alone before our staff was full and still does.

woe guilds hate him because he has worked with cookie, although, both of them went their separate ways. they barely ever talk to each other. why not ask cookie himself?

Before judging the server and the admin, you should try logging in.

PS - Although, at this point, it's pointless lmao. someone clearly hates our server. first spam of bad reviews from fujin who is number one pvper in oncero, and then now server getting hacked, +1 ro community.

exii

Im known as a rude but very honest person which mostly attracts people who are also honest. Also, I wasnt really asking for a detailed review, I was just chatting.
So there is absolutely no need to have doubts at these statements from my side.

Ignoring that funny $40 headgear it seems true that Reality isnt hosting it to make $$$$ profit. But that fact is not a guarantee that he is doing good. Especially if you think about that he might created a server just for himself to play on it. There is a reason why the population cutted drasticly, dont you think so?

Quote from: Oniichan on Jun 02, 2015, 04:35 AM
woe guilds hate him because he has worked with cookie, although, both of them went their separate ways. they barely ever talk to each other. why not ask cookie himself?
Yeah sure, almost every known woe guild world wide played on ggRo which can be called as CookieRo v2 but lets believe in your statement.

selfown

Oniichan

I never said he worked in ggro tho, i was talking about divinity.

What's wrong in playing in your server when everyone does that? 90% of the servers out there have staff members playing in it in secrecy, we choose to keep it open rather than keeping it a secret. I too am a player in the server and players in-game knew about that and were completely okay with it. they knew there wasn't any corruption whatsoever.

A known guild was proven wrong in another thread about reality, they hated reality, they thought they knew cookie's way of doing things and since reality has worked with him before, thus he's corrupt (justlikecookie/hiringcookiesecretly) which was eventually proven wrong, he never hired cookie in this project, and is in no way like him. the people you speak of may not be one of those who lie, but they may have been mistaken. everyone makes mistakes and eventually corrects them and our effort in correcting them was vividro.

PS- if you've been looking around in the forum shoutbox, you'll probably notice that the server has been hacked, server is in a very bad shape and is closing it's doors, so i'm not part of the team anymore. tho if you still have any questions, I'm here to answer them since i was still a part of this team.

I'm gonna go search for another server, and i hope the players of vividro find a nice new home. good luck on your journey.

-Oniichan

Turkeysalad

As someone who joined VividRO after a 6 year hiatus of Ragnarok, I must say that what Reality had to offer was perfect. All of this GM bias that people talk about was never witnessed by me. Sure its true that there were plenty of people that joined the server having previously known Reality, but I can't say that any one of these players were shown any particular preference.

Whenever any issue with GM abuse came up, it was properly addressed, and players were informed of the situation. Tell me which server does this? Point me in the direction of the server that doesn't just mute their players when they complain about GM corruption.

During my time on VividRO I made lots of friends, associated with lots of friendly people, and never had a negative experience with any of the GM team. As a member of a newly established guild, I was never shunned or disrespected by a player or an admin for not being a part of the "prefered" guild. In fact, I met a lot of the  bigger guild's members and found them to be quite nice and enjoyable to talk to. I also found this the case when associating with the admins. There was never a point when I felt disregarded or insulted or anything by the admin group.

Although a lot of people frown upon GMs  making their own characters, I applaud Reality for making his private character well-known. He never hid in a cloud of mystery and we never had to guess to see who his character was, and that is something very few GMs.

The player who posted these screenshots had for days been spamming main chat with nonsensical bantering, insults and trolling. If you want to talk about people leaving then don't point your finger at the GM team but instead look at the very creator of this thread. A lot of people quit the server because of his awful spamming of main chat, his rude remarks, and sexist commentary.

Another reason people left was because several players would spam main with #serverdead. Server is dying. Panic. Of course new players would be discouraged to play on a server when it's very members were accusing it of dying.

regardless of this matter however, even after all this negativity from the very player base, the server never truly dropped below 50-60 ACTIVE players (As in non-vendors/AFKs). In fact, prior to this hacking incident it appeared that the server was even beginning to grow.

It is unfortunate to find out that the server is done with, however I thank Reality and his team for attempting to provide players with a nice, unique, friendly, and fun environment.

- Fetus

exii

Quote from: Oniichan on Jun 02, 2015, 02:19 PM
I never said he worked in ggro tho, i was talking about divinity.

What's wrong in playing in your server when everyone does that? 90% of the servers out there have staff members playing in it in secrecy, we choose to keep it open rather than keeping it a secret. I too am a player in the server and players in-game knew about that and were completely okay with it. they knew there wasn't any corruption whatsoever.

stopped reading after here. Just a waste of time to investigate further.
Basic points:
-no one cares a server which died 5 years ago; Cookie and co. successfully hosted ggRo a few months ago -> argument invalid
-losing objectivity when playing too much -> high risk for biased behavior (not limited to the admin and mostly critical on mvp hunts)

end of story

Btw Im not here to say how bad the server is. Im here because I think that somebody has to stuff the leak in your mouth which permanently spitting s*** out. The way you trying to let the server look like is obviously not matching with the truth and I dont like that. Technically I would stop if you would admit your mistakes and stop searching for excuses on events which happend like 5 years ago. Oh, and I played divinity for SNL once and I liked the server. So far the point woe players bla bla dvinity bla bla Cookie or whatever rndm terms you want to mix.

Oniichan

I'm not here for the drama either, and i ain't lying or making any s*** up here, i was defending the staff i worked for and respected a lot. although, if you're not gonna finish reading the entire posts and judge, and have the attitude of "iamalwaysrightiknoweverything" then there's no need for further discussion, it's meaningless. good day to you, sir. end of topic. :)

PS - you aren't even worth replying to so I'm just gonna stop here.

exii

Dont need to finish if 3 lines of garbage are enough. Watch your words and I might watch mine.

Also, what would a fag else have to reply? New stories of other past servers from 2009? Wow