HeRO is still the Best

Started by raphael.cruger, Jun 05, 2019, 11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raphael.cruger

I started playing HeRO roughly 10 years ago after doing extensive research of all the private servers in low and mid rate brackets at that time. I played for around 3 years and ended up quitting Ragnarok Online altogether due to various reasons.
7 years later I return to the Ragnarok scene to find things have changed quite a bit. Even so it didn't take much looking around to see its still the best low rate around.

Sadly, it seems HeRO is in dire need of more players. Even though the population is abysmal the game is still good, and the server isn't going anywhere. They have in my experience a record of talented and dedicated GM staff for over 13 years, and to this day have many die-hard Ragnarok lovers playing like myself, who staunchly defend the best experience of Ragnarok Online you're ever likely to have.

HeRO has changed a lot over the years, with all the many updates and my memory loss. I'll list things you won't find elsewhere and I can't live without.

Cool features you won't find elsewhere (or they won't be as cool)

>>Classic Low-Rate with standardised [5x,5x,3x] (constant for mvps and things) with a twist
These rates can seem slow to most people who've likely played the game in the past, rather than potentially ruining a good thing by changing them, heRO has adopted more incentives for leveling and farming by popularizing things like Battle-manuals, Event(Easter, Christmas, I-day, Halloween etc.etc.)drop and exp rate boosts and Monster-of-the-moment. Players can also start their own events(for cheap nowadays). There's also an absolutely ridiculous number of custom quests that award very generous exp as well as dozens of detailed customized hunting grounds for all levels. In addition equipment drop rates for many gears are much higher, things like Jur[3], Staff of piercing, orlean's gown, wools/tidals, and Bloodied Shackle Ball and the like. This is great cuz farming those mid tier gears is now not a total pain, and u can get +10 things(believe).

>>Renewal towns, dungeons and instances custom for 99/70 trans
Not only does heRO have all of these now, the quests are also all functioning properly, and everything is balanced for 99/70 dudes. Gear, monsters, cards for renewal areas like New World are extensively customized and the large majority of it looks pretty yummy. I need more people for Sealed Shrine :(

>>Customs<<
These are all things I think are relevant to people joining this server, bcuz this game is (all)mostly about gear, personally I've always played this game having goals in mind, and knowing what you can or can't do is important.
I'm linking to HeRO wiki and forums.. bcuz I'm way too lazy and so r u, READING IS HARD(u think i read all these?)
If you don't care about gear atall(what are you doing) there's still a lot of cosmetics(hats and wings) I guess?

Quested Items
Modified Official Armors
Modified Official Weapons
Custom Cards
Class Combo Sets
Monster Dropped Gears
Guild Dungeons

Some of these lists may be incomplete for now since lots of updates have been happening!
I've neglected to link very detailed systems for Costumes, Fishing, Mining, Nobility, War points and BG, and like 400 other things.
Hats everywhere and everyhow.
I'm an old player now and still noob but the game feels huge and rewarding, there's so many things to do where to start? There's no way I can play any server without all this stuff, its all just part of RO for me now.

>>Locations<<
I've been here

Thanatos Basement
1 big mvp and 3 small(er) ones, cool dungeon with special entry requirements.

Faeheim
Like GTA but with fairies, pretty but brutal. 2(or more??) challenging custom dungeons with unique rewards, many secrets!

Lutia
A whole world in Lutie's backyard. Frosty geos and !?Chill Winds?!
One of our players recently made a youtube video showcasing this region.

Muspelheim
Brave sneaky traps and powerful bosses to kill Surtur before your time runs out!!

Nightmare Pyramid
Horror Toy Factory
Various level hunting quests and spooky MvPs.

Geffen Dungeon F4
A lot.

Mystic Tower
A separate, shorter version of Endless Tower with the final mvp being from Thanatos Basement.

Root of Yggdrasil
This dungeon is worth mentioning because its quite different. You'll know when you get there.

Many many others like custom Bio4, Poring Island(s), Morroc surroundings and things. As always, everything fits the style of the game, there's a lot of attention to detail, and everyone is very helpful with strategies and tips, pointing you to new ways to play the game.

>>Monthly GM hosted events<<
These events have been hosted every month by GMs of this server from my memory(10 years or) and they are extremely rewarding and fun, their nature has changed over time. Unfortunately they are rather time-locked as in they happen at a certain time so, don't sleep lol.

Trials of Heroes
A monthly competition between Light/Dark Allegiance allied heroes to earn exclusive gears.

Great Fairy Auction
The ultra rare or exclusive gear that you dream of may suddenly be announced as up for grabs for hard cash!

It's simply impossible (for me) to list all the variety on this server so I recommend you give it a try for yourself and see.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If you have any questions feel free to check out the very cool discord(you should join) or ask on the forums.

Have a nice day!
Thank you!

Bakorzero

Pretty much agree  /no1 , we need more players. Trust me, just make casual account to try it, play at your leisure just to try new stuff. 
A flower of hope — a bond tying us together
Now grows within our hearts.
Forever unwilting, it gives us the power to go on living

Royr

One of the oldest Low-Rate! Thumbs up.
Developers really did a good job! Pandora  /lv

heRO-GM

Hey there everyone, thanks for the kind words! As mentioned before, our population may not be huge, but we're constantly working on updates, be it custom content, renewal content adapted to pre-renewal, or updated/modernized old content, all delivered with love for our playerbase!
heRO is a friendly, sociable, unique and fun server of 5/5/3 rates with a great community, give it a try!

Click here to find out more about heRO!

Mendokusai

Love it, hate it, don't ever leave it. /ok
Yeah there aren't a lot of players as there used to be but this ain't any old server. HeRo is the greatest, now more than ever. /no1
There's so many updates over the last couple of years, game has changed a lot for the better.
They have a great discord channel also.

Mister Midnight

I'm so happy that I found heRO and yet so disappointed in myself that I didn't try it out when I first heard about it 10 years ago.  I love how they've managed to re-balance renewal content for the classic play.  Usually, I hate servers that add custom things (die hard official fan boy).  But all of the custom content so far seems like it's right from official!  Even the stuff that obviously needed a re-balance from official I am on board with.   Hopefully soon we can get our population back up  /no1.