First Good Renewal Server - RevelationRO

Started by TonyStark, Aug 21, 2014, 12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyStark

Ok, so I know most people hate renewal but here me out this ones different.

Here's a list of sever facts I got off their forums, read if you like but that's not what this is about.

Sever: Stability and Availability

7/10

I'm not going to lie, I've had issues with lag spikes early on but recently the Admins have changed hosts. This transition was the BEST decision they ever made! The game runs flawlessly now. However my decision of 8 derives from the previous before host switch. Now we're perfect imo.

For as long as I've been here the server has been up and running except for the host change time which lasted a couple of hours.

Community:

The players are pretty friendly here. I don't see ks'ing and I generally see people actively looking for parties to level and take on mobs. One negative to this is the low player count. Since there's so little people it may be difficult to find enough people your level to benefit shared experience. I also am taking off a point because of the lack of players. Right now the server averages of about 25 players. Not their fault but it does take a toll on gameplay.

The GM's are very helpful and understanding. They have a chat feed on their forums which i dont use often but there's usually a GM there and for a good part of the day there is a GM sitting in Prontera. So if you need someone, they're there.

Gameplay:

10/10

Class Balance is where the server sets itself apart. The GM's with the feedback of the forums alter the movesets and cast times to make renewal fun. Ok let me explain..

You cannot spam GoH because of altered cooldown. Runes have different cooldowns. These are just examples Its just a list of complaints everyone had about balance with the renewal classes and refined them. I like it because for the most part its moves like those that made renewal unplayable.

Also they changed the cast formula to be a bit more acceptable. Cast is 400 instead of 500 (renewal mechanic) which gives you fast gameplay but you still have to sacrifice to get to that point. That's the way it should be in my opinion. You can have faster casting at the expense of power.

Normal Cards have been buffed on the server. Things that were considered useless for a server of this rate has been restored and this is another area where this server shines. To give an example, Am Mut now gives 100% more exp than the original 10% or whatever. Not a gamebreaking change but enough to make you consider the card at least. There's so many changes it makes getting any card worth while.

Events happen often. So often that you'll sometimes have to choose between continuing your quest or ditching it to compete. They usually have automated quests every hour which are fine and you get points for but the fun events are the story based ones the GM's make.

"What the..Somebody help!!!! Bakawana and his army of small octopus are ruining my vacation in Jawaii!!!

"I'll handsomely reward anyone who can help stop him!!!"

You win prizes and points for these events which you can use to get things in the store.

Customization:

8/10

Ok, Now its customization.

This server has a lot of customs. Custom quests. Custom headgears, custom events, custom costumes. This server is loaded with customs. However they are limited. In the servers efforts to achieve balance, they only give but so much to differentiate the customs. Increase SP Recovery 25% headgear. +2 All stats upper headgear. 15% Reflect physical melee damage lower headgear. While they are cool and stop the server from having OP armors, I do think they limit the choices a bit to just cosmetics. At least most of them are slotted.

I guess I'll take balance over diversity..

WoE

5/10 or Not Applicable

Its probably not fair to talk about it but here it is.

WoE is currently non existant. I mean, there are only 2 guilds you can be in, Valkyrie or Pantsu. Its kind of depressing. Since there's such a low player count these are literally the only options available, and if you start your own you'll likely be alone unless you bring friends to the server. So, unless the population picks up, be prepared to be another # in the Pantsu guild or just another Valkyrie.

Last let's talk about..

Donations:

10/10

None of the donations will make you a stronger player. None of them will make you pay to win. Lol.

Have fun paying for a Halter Lead when you can just earn one in game. Go ahead and buy a field manual. I'll just use vote points. All the donations are pretty much offered in game through vote points rather than money or ridiculous grinding.

For those of you who enjoy pay to win, none of the donations are gears sorry :-P

Questions For me:

How long have you been on this server?
I've been playing this server for a couple of weeks.

How's the Economy?
Its a new server so idk.

Overall, Revelation RO is one of the good ones.While it may still need improvements, its probably one of the 1st renewal servers I've found fair and enjoyable.