FeelRO

Started by Reyl, Dec 21, 2008, 03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ayu

Quote from: Nithalm on Apr 14, 2009, 07:49 PM
But to declare FeelRO a 'no-go' area based on one incident, while even the GM's tried to solve it, seemed pretty harsh on me.
Everyone makes mistakes, FeelRO staff as well. If people want the best quality, people should play official server.
For a free server, i think FeelRO is doing a decent job.

The world of private servers don't work that way because there is more than 1 private server out there. When people got options, private servers need certain level of quality if they want to retain their players. Why stay if someone else does the same thing better? And not everyone thinks that official servers, just because it has a monthly cost, is it necessary the best quality either. The idea of official vs private server for quality vary from people to people.

It's up to FeelRO's players if they still have faith in their GM team or not that they should be given second chance and if they think that the GMs will learn from their error. If they do, then they will stay and support the server to recover. If this kind of thing crosses the line, then plenty of servers out there.

thirtythree

@Chexie: I don't know you or have anything against you or your artwork (you actually have some impressive webdesign skills) but after reading about this whole fiasco I have to say you've acted very poorly. I can understand being frustrated and angry because fanart/watermarks or not it was something you took the time to draw for yourself or a friend, but you still could've handled it MUCH better and more professionally instead of spending so much time pointing fingers and responding constantly while getting emotional. Giving in to trolling and criticism only caused people to lose respect for you, giving the GMs and administrators reason enough not to take you seriously (yes, they could've been more mature... but you should've aswell). I'd suggest calming down and stepping away from all of this!

SilverStream~

Thirythree, this isn't being discussed anymore~
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Shinn

Quote from: SilverStream~ on Apr 15, 2009, 05:50 PM
Thirythree, this isn't being discussed anymore~

says who? you? if this isn't discussed anymore then this topic should be closed/locked.

Regards.

cause after all the drama, I still slain em.

Need a site done? contact me.

LemonCrosswalk

Quote from: Shinn on Apr 15, 2009, 06:30 PM
This topic needs be closed/locked.

Regards.

Fixed.

bleu

Quote from: LemonCrosswalk on Apr 15, 2009, 07:36 PM
This topic [/b]needs[/b] be closed/locked.

Regards.

Fixed.

But but but... we have yet to hear from Alara. A pivotal character in this saga.

SilverStream~

Quote from: bleu on Apr 15, 2009, 08:44 PM

Regards.

Fixed.

But but but... we have yet to hear from Alara. A pivotal character in this saga.

Apparently she can't communicate through english.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

wireless

Maybe just dump this thread in the soap opera forum? Seems like the most suitable place for this :-X

LiteX

Quote from: Nithalm on Apr 14, 2009, 07:49 PM
Whatever kind of adminstrator, your first reasoning to not playing a server seemed a bit dull on me.
Your second explanation to 'not like FeelRO', is better, as you speak at least now about your own experience.

To think of that running Ragnarok server software and altering Ragnarok exe is not really legal,
but once it come down to two pictures, everyone have suddenly so much moral.....
I was especting a bit some sort of 'neutrality' from everyone who has 'administrator' in his name, as they likely would have also experiece running a server and such..... at least a mild understanding....
But to declare FeelRO a 'no-go' area based on one incident, while even the GM's tried to solve it, seemed pretty harsh on me.
Everyone makes mistakes, FeelRO staff as well. If people want the best quality, people should play official server.
For a free server, i think FeelRO is doing a decent job.

See the bold area? that is a major flaw in your argument, alot of people make pservers, yes, it is true, but what makes it different from FeelRO's admins' actions?
Simple, FeelRO's GMs were saying that THEY made the fanart, not Chexie, making a private server you will give credit to Gravity(Not saying "I MADE 100% OF THIS GAME!", you will get your donkey sued if you do that), plus ,even though Chexie asked to remove it, they didnt, and to fix Alara's english problem, use a translator, even though everything will be choppy, it's better than Alara not reading this...
ライテ‐エクス

A92FL0163

Quote from: SilverStream~ on Apr 16, 2009, 12:16 AM

Regards.

Fixed.

Go at recruitment section and check the language she can speak, ask someone if can make a translation  between each other, that way you can solve it with each other.

Chexie

Quote from: SilverStream~ on Apr 16, 2009, 12:16 AM

Regards.

Fixed.

She doesnt need a translator, her english is actually very good. If you check FeelRO forums you'll kinda get what I mean;

"We will make a size limit on the pictures, but until then we will not increase quantity of letters in signatures."
"We will not add Valkyrie Helm on our server =) You can find it on any other server. So it will be never added as donation. "
"These are very beautiful drawings ^__^"

I'm sure if she can speak perfect English on FeelRO she has no problems speaking about the issue, if she wanted to she would've but she clearly chose not to. It's her choice if she wishes to do whatever Might and herself have been amusing themselves with. She was always present when the issue was being discussed but decided to keep hush hush. I'm sure she just doesn't want any confrontation with the issue since some people also have problem with her giving wrong credit regarding sprite edits as well. Can't totally blame her. Personally, I think she could probably be a good artist but if she chooses to limit herself to other people's art and not giving proper credit in the end its her loss sadly.

pRO Valhalla | Chexie - Biochemist | Chexi - High Priest | Blog | RO Blog | Art Thread | DeviantArt

John Locke

Lol. Just Wanted to state this topic should not be locked, even if the usual noisemakers appeared and claimed for it. (for their imbalanced server sake)

I made a true server review "update" just 1 week before this incident happen....
.... and i think its worth being readed. Althought I doubt most will read it with all this pages of "the art incident", yet the incident and all this.... post.... with the "new artworks" (irony) is...... sad.

Truth be said i would be happy if feelro dies and a good bunch of mid rate populaiton ( "new"  RO
population tired of low rates) becomes "free" to join other mid rate servers.

Anyway the mid rates out there (check my server seeking post) doesnt seem to have a clear idea about what they aim to for WoE. Bad stuff. As i suggested some time ago servers should have a WoE time decided before even being allowed to show their name here.

Make a new  server then let 2 pinoy guilds ( no racism, but this happens SO often) that are the first to join the server to choose the WoE time is just very SAD.

Peace, and im yet on a RO break while hoping for a mid rate with good american+European WoE times i.e. around 20:00 gmt +0 saturday and sunday.

pd: yeah I used the post for my RO migration theorys again.
IroOpenBeta->SproAlfa->sproGea->NGRO->UltimaRO->FoxRO->Euphro->EvoRO->XatiyaRo->LegacyRO2->EternityRO1->LegacyRO3->FeelRO-> EternityRO3-> European oficial RO

SilverStream~

You know, I think TalonRO's woe times are around that.

I can see if I can link you to it~

Yup, here: TalonRO woe

Seems like up your alley, but it's on wensday that one woe.

Well, check it out I just saw a coincidence here over the hours you want =)