FeelRO

Started by Reyl, Dec 21, 2008, 03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Symbiote

Quote from: Might_FeelRO on Apr 13, 2009, 03:58 PMOriginal picture from our site, by Chexie:
http://i43.tinypic.com/s3hax5.png

Picture made by Alara:
http://i41.tinypic.com/244qv5k.png

You've got to be kidding me. It's obvious that Alara built off of Chexie's art. The eyes are exactly the same. In fact, tons of s*** is nearly exactly the same. It's clear that Alara just remodeled Chexie's art, for the High Priest, from the Stalker. I don't really care if this s*** flies for anyone else, but I have to say it's quite sad.

[Šŷmβĭö†ė] - "There is nothing in this world to believe in."

uzausa

What you guys did is NOT removing the pic. Rather, it was just editing the pic just to make it less obvious that you got it from someone else. I do agree that designers naturally use stock photos from other people, but it's common courtesy to credit the ones you got them from. And that picture is not 'made by Alara'. More like 'edited by Alara just to be less obvious'

And sorry if I'm sounding like such a jerk towards FeelRO's staff, but we have to get you guys to understand what you did wrong.

Chexie

@ Nay;

Thanks for going through the trouble of checking RO servers for me :D Now i can inform my friends as well that their work is being used without permission.

Quote from: uzausa on Apr 14, 2009, 01:53 AM
What you guys did is NOT removing the pic. Rather, it was just editing the pic just to make it less obvious that you got it from someone else. I do agree that designers naturally use stock photos from other people, but it's common courtesy to credit the ones you got them from. And that picture is not 'made by Alara'. More like 'edited by Alara just to be less obvious'

And sorry if I'm sounding like such a jerk towards FeelRO's staff, but we have to get you guys to understand what you did wrong.

Seems to be a "common" thing, saying she creates things she edited, as one of their players said before. Like here. >>

http://eathena.ws/board/lofiversion/index.php/t203228.html

*shrug* But yeah, if Alara can layer my artworks in photoshop and trace them i dunno why she doesn't make some original ones. :)

Thanks to Eruruu for sending me the stuff below; (Interesting stuff really)

Animated overlay comparisons:

Overlay comparisons (jpg), with commentary!:
http://www.deviantart.com/users/outgoing?http://i43.tinypic.com/28hg6yf.jpg
http://www.deviantart.com/users/outgoing?http://i42.tinypic.com/28tzx8g.jpg
http://www.deviantart.com/users/outgoing?http://i41.tinypic.com/jkvls9.jpg

I been frankenstein'd! D=

Hopefully they decide to come to their senses. :)

pRO Valhalla | Chexie - Biochemist | Chexi - High Priest | Blog | RO Blog | Art Thread | DeviantArt

Zone

Quote from: SilverStream~ on Apr 11, 2009, 12:52 PM
:Disclaimer, according to some forum users this following post would be classified by them as QQing, and BAAAAAAAAW:

What I have said about the copyright issue, is correct and accurate. Every single bit of it. I'm sorry if you don't believe it, I just bring out the fact about it and not gibberish.

About what I have said about the what she did and did not and what she did was right etc blablabla, is my own opinion. Not fact. The above line of text however is fact.

I will take the liberty of quoting Descent's avatar text: "Brutal honesty served ice cold."
Replace Honesty with Fact and you find me.

After a discussion via PM with Silver, I agree with Silver.
The fanart is copyrighted as the person made this themselves with respect to the fact that it's fan art of Gravity's copyrighted characters.
However, you cannot sell said art, that would be copyright infringement.

We both agree that the crying over this kinda stuff is retarded.
So please, everyone grow up and stop crying over your poor pixels.

Nay

I cannot understand you guys...

All Ragnarok servers (that is not the official Gravity servers) - HAVE STOLEN the WHOLE GAME!!!

~~
And again if u gont get it... THEY HAVE STOLEN THE WHOLE GAME!!
~~

And now... Why they cannot use your pictures?
You should be proud. All that you could do with it to ask put a copyright on your pick and be happy.

If you did not want your work be used by some one.... You should: 1. Never post it in the Internet 2. Damage it so hard so it will not possible to use it. (Btw That you have made now with your pick will not help =P, copyright is too smal)
But.. You wanted one million admired responses and And nobody should use it? It is naive.

If you want I can find 5 more servers where I saw your works. And those works there are in a primordial form. =)) Not as at Feelro. I think they puted your copyright with pleasure if you have asked politely... but not now )) It is not your pick now, it is just your style. And im sure they can simly to draw they own girls.... but.... they do it specially for you =)

sooo....

Leave Feelro in pease and be engaged whith other servers. Your works are not present On FeelRo already. Accept the situation and fight with guys that use your primordial picks.

But better.... NEVER post  your pics in the Internet! And be happy!!

Best regards,

Nay.

bleu

I taken the liberty to compile some important highlights of the "Stolen Artwork Case"
http://forum.feelro.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=13667&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Apr 07 Tues   5:20am
The Artist make a post on FeelRO claiming her art works were stolen and no proper accreditation made to her. She asked for her art or derivative of her works to be removed. Awaits GM reply

Apr 08 Wed
No GM reply

Apr 09 Thursday
No GM reply

Apr  10 Friday 12:59pm
GM Might gives a lecture on the difference between the words "Design" and "Create".  
No apology extended to the Artist.
And he points the finger at the Artist – it's your fault for making a Fan Art. He further explains he has every right to take any art in particular Fan Art.
He assumed that GM Alara aka CopyCat was either blind or illiterate; and had never seen the license agreement; which he swears to be invalid.
Then he further insults the Artist claiming her artworks were not created by her and most likely stolen from somewhere else which the Artist failed to give proper credit.

Apr 10 Friday 4:45pm
GM Aerandil, claims to be an artist himself.
He said GM CopyCat did not respect your art, it's your problem, you should have made clear your copyright rights.

Apr 10 Friday 5:17 pm
GM Aerandil teaches us the importance of alphabets.
Because no (c) = rights to use your art without your permission.
He also distance himself from GM CopyCat. Don't look at me, I was not the CopyCat. Go bother her instead.

Apr10 Friday 5:39 pm
GM Aerandil is French. He continues to spam.

Apr10 Friday 7:07 pm
GM Might bans her because she enlightened the rest of the RO /Art community through RMS Forum/DeviantArt on the issue. Didn't know we have to seek permission from GM Might before we are allowed to express ourselves on RMS Forum? Must be a new rule!

Apr10 Friday  (unspecified time)
The Artist advertised a rival server to FeelRO's forum members. Not really talking much about art, but bashing FeelRO – being outdated in RO contents, invisible GMs, etc..

1.   FeelRO GMs/Mods either can't spell or don't use spell check.
       GM Aerandil: Patience is a vertue.
       Bape: Alara has a copy write on the website why?

2.   Tortoise response time. It takes more than 3 days to get any official GM response. Where is GM CopyCat during all of this? She did not make a
        single post among the 14 pages within a span of 4 days.

3.      FeelRO GMs are big bullies.

4.      FeelRO GMs does not understand how the PR game is played.
        Is it that difficult to say "I am Sorry. I should not have taken your artworks without your permission. And since you requested your artworks to be
        taken off the server. We shall respect your wishes."
        Do you think this is merely about a few artworks?
        Is it worth all this trouble and bad publicity?   

5.     The sever bashing PM sent out by the Artist was wrong. But had you guys responded earlier and reacted faster and smarter. This would not have
        happened.

Zone

So immature staff on that server.
I'll take note never to promote or play that server.
Thanks for the info.

uzausa

Gravity does have copyrights, but I believe that they still allow private servers to exist as long as they retain the rules of the game.

I think never posting someone's artwork is just silly. Art is expression. No matter how cliche that phrase is, it's true. You'll need someone to see your work to fulfill the 'expression' part. [: Using pictures from another person SHOULD be a compliment for that artist. But it wouldn't be a compliment if the watermarks/ signature is purposely removed. I do believe that some pictures don't have watermarks on them, but I saw with my own four eyes that one of the pictures had the artist's name on it.

Zone

Quote from: uzausa on Apr 14, 2009, 05:08 AM
Gravity does have copyrights, but I believe that they still allow private servers to exist as long as they retain the rules of the game.

Gravity lets private servers exist because they cannot sue thousands of 12 year olds and they dogs for running servers. They'd lose more money than they'd make.

Chexie

Quote from: bleu on Apr 14, 2009, 04:27 AM
Where is GM CopyCat during all of this? She did not make a single post among the 14 pages within a span of 4 days.

Prolly too busy hanging out on my deviantart page, who I noticed kept going around my site the day I made that thread, along with another user called "FeelRO" who started doing the same yesterday (apparently made a DA account today.) which is kinda surprising cause if it is them, they have more time to stay updated with my DA and hangout on RMS reading entries rather than address issues on their forum from the looks of it.

Honestly though, GM Might still should have removed it (edited or non-edited, or traced) like he said he would if he really wanted this issue to end. Not make Alara play mr. potato head trace a sketch like what they did. They obviously have time to do silly things like this, If Alara could draw from the start, I wonder why not let her make something better, original and uniquely hers from the very beginning if they never liked my art anyway.

pRO Valhalla | Chexie - Biochemist | Chexi - High Priest | Blog | RO Blog | Art Thread | DeviantArt

Nithalm

Hundreds of servers rely on 'someone else' his artwork for websites and such....
This discussion..... is that what await any bigger server?
Blue had grabbed the main reason why this went out of control. I think main GM's didnt saw this for 3 day's.
It is understandable that Chexie had the idea he/she was ignored by the staff.
But i can also understand that the GM's are not pleased that this went to public, before they were able to do anything.
I also think everyone under-estimated this incident a bit, how big this would grow....

Quote from: Zone on Apr 14, 2009, 04:49 AM
Thanks for the info.
I played the server for 14 months, and i cannot find myself in your comment. I would not describe them as 'immature'.
FeelRO staff is not flawless, but i am suprised a administrator of RMS take such heavy conclusion into public.

Elymn

Well my views on this issue is that Chex got too irritated from the immature members from feelRO. However, after reading half of the thread (on feelRO) and all the GM replies, I'll say that the some of the GMs are just as immature as their members. But seriously Chex... what did you expect? When members can go around trolling and flaming like they did and the GMs didn't do anything about it. Also, you see that really beautiful sinx / hw painting they have at the front page... that's another work from DA, do you really think they credited / asked for permission from the actual creator? No, instead they destroyed it by having some badly cropped [use anti aliasing next time :)], poorly animated leafs that fly over the characters.

I've played on this for about a month and a half, I feel that it is not a friendly place. Most of their members try too hard to be e-thugs. Trolling, flaming, and pretty much the only thing they know how to say is "QQ more". Some of their GMs act the same way, except they're a little bit smarter so they reword it to seem polite of course. However, it's really hard to see how the GMs act since you can never actually contact them...

QuoteApr  10 Friday 12:59pm
GM Might gives a lecture on the difference between the words "Design" and "Create".  
No apology extended to the Artist.
And he points the finger at the Artist – it's your fault for making a Fan Art. He further explains he has every right to take any art in particular Fan Art.
He assumed that GM Alara aka CopyCat was either blind or illiterate; and had never seen the license agreement; which he swears to be invalid.
Then he further insults the Artist claiming her artworks were not created by her and most likely stolen from somewhere else which the Artist failed to give proper credit.

But not being able to contact a GM is actually somewhat of a good thing on this server. This way you can create and keep the illusion that feelRO has decent GMs.

LemonCrosswalk

People on the internet are lazy and they're ****.

There. Perfect ending for the thread.

Zone

Quote from: Nithalm on Apr 14, 2009, 10:01 AM
Hundreds of servers rely on 'someone else' his artwork for websites and such....
This discussion..... is that what await any bigger server?
Blue had grabbed the main reason why this went out of control. I think main GM's didnt saw this for 3 day's.
It is understandable that Chexie had the idea he/she was ignored by the staff.
But i can also understand that the GM's are not pleased that this went to public, before they were able to do anything.
I also think everyone under-estimated this incident a bit, how big this would grow....

Quote from: Zone on Apr 14, 2009, 04:49 AM
Thanks for the info.
I played the server for 14 months, and i cannot find myself in your comment. I would not describe them as 'immature'.
FeelRO staff is not flawless, but i am suprised a administrator of RMS take such heavy conclusion into public.

I'm not an administrator of RMS, read my damn title.
I'm the VShield Administrator.
I played FeelRO for about 30 minutes, I left their main town only to see the autovenders around the server because it was such a s*** hole.
The most unorganized I've ever seen. It's basically a dump of stuff just sitting there, trying to look pretty, but the main town alone makes me want to rage. No one likes a cluttered main town.
Also, they aren't the biggest server, I did see entire maps filled with autovenders. So their population means nothing.
Just like the other servers who claim ~2k player base.

Nithalm

Whatever kind of adminstrator, your first reasoning to not playing a server seemed a bit dull on me.
Your second explanation to 'not like FeelRO', is better, as you speak at least now about your own experience.

To think of that running Ragnarok server software and altering Ragnarok exe is not really legal,
but once it come down to two pictures, everyone have suddenly so much moral.....
I was especting a bit some sort of 'neutrality' from everyone who has 'administrator' in his name, as they likely would have also experiece running a server and such..... at least a mild understanding....
But to declare FeelRO a 'no-go' area based on one incident, while even the GM's tried to solve it, seemed pretty harsh on me.
Everyone makes mistakes, FeelRO staff as well. If people want the best quality, people should play official server.
For a free server, i think FeelRO is doing a decent job.