FeelRO

Started by Reyl, Dec 21, 2008, 03:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverStream~

Quote from: Chexie on Apr 10, 2009, 09:38 AM
Quote from: Toztie on Apr 10, 2009, 09:32 AM
agreed BUT on the stalker image was no signature. You also edited your first post so your arguments wont go invalid(on feelro). The stalker wasnt signatured.

The second image was. And like i said, your server admitted to taking my images from DA. And DeviantArt rules states images not in stock cannot be used without the artists permission. Stop acting like you actually know whats right from wrong. KKthx. :)

I think it's good that you push this, afterall if you made it you have to right to protect it.

Quote from: Toztie on Apr 10, 2009, 09:08 AM
Quote from: SilverStream~ on Apr 10, 2009, 09:05 AM
In russia international laws still rule.

Shut your face and stop spamming.

lol this is harresment

There is no such things as international laws lolz. if russia or china doent want to do stuff they just dont. Thats called fail of nato.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_law
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright

Copyright is international.

And no, this is not harassment. Learn your facts please.

Edit; added another link.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Symbiote

If we can all stop being morons for a second, let's use common sense and facts rather than opinion.

1) FeelRO stole art from Chexie without her permission.
2) ..Oh, there isn't a number 2. Number 1 is enough to suffice, so why should there be?

If Chexie created the artwork, and did not mention that it was available for public use, yet FeelRO decided to use, and even manipulate the artwork, it is clear that FeelRO is in the wrong. If FeelRO is truly that deeply in love with Chexie's artistic abilities, they're lucky they she accepts commissions, no? And with all the donations that they likely receive, I'm sure they have money to request such commissions. It'd sure make them look a lot less like the faggots they're looking like at the moment.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't like Chexie, and I don't particularly like publicization of "private" work. But if the artist chooses not to publicly release something that they created for public use, the least morons could do is act like civil human beings. Thus, there should be no need for copyright discussion.

[Šŷmβĭö†ė] - "There is nothing in this world to believe in."

SilverStream~

Quote from: Symbiote on Apr 10, 2009, 11:22 AM
If we can all stop being morons for a second, let's use common sense and facts rather than opinion.

1) FeelRO stole art from Chexie without her permission.
2) ..Oh, there isn't a number 2. Number 1 is enough to suffice, so why should there be?

If Chexie created the artwork, and did not mention that it was available for public use, yet FeelRO decided to use, and even manipulate the artwork, it is clear that FeelRO is in the wrong. If FeelRO is truly that deeply in love with Chexie's artistic abilities, they're lucky they she accepts commissions, no? And with all the donations that they likely receive, I'm sure they have money to request such commissions. It'd sure make them look a lot less like the faggots they're looking like at the moment.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't like Chexie, and I don't particularly like publicization of "private" work. But if the artist chooses not to publicly release something that they created for public use, the least morons could do is act like civil human beings. Thus, there should be no need for copyright discussion.

You're right. The GM's of FeelRO should contact Chexie and discuss wether they simply remove whatever they took and edited, or if they should remove it, and pay Chexie to make them something.

One a lighter note; @Toztie, you seem to know very little about laws around the world. Don't try and make yourself sound smarter then what you really are. It just makes you more stupid.

Wikipedia is place where you can add information regarding different things. But they have strict rules and moderators who work there. Everything you post up there is checked for it's content, and legitimacy. The copyright laws, international laws and all other laws that exist and have been put on wikipedia are correct.
International laws are laws made so that certain standards are maintained and agreements between countries are held.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Antagonist

She kind of went off after a response from the head GM, and started bringing this all over the place before the matter was settled. Then demanded respect from the GMs over at Feel. And the whole time this was happening, the head GM was (supposedly) discussing the matter with the designer for FeelRO so they could come to an agreement and do something about the situation. x_x

Symbiote

Quote from: Antagonist on Apr 10, 2009, 01:54 PM
She kind of went off after a response from the head GM, and started bringing this all over the place before the matter was settled. Then demanded respect from the GMs over at Feel. And the whole time this was happening, the head GM was (supposedly) discussing the matter with the designer for FeelRO so they could come to an agreement and do something about the situation. x_x

Are you a GM, or something? If so, then get it resolved. If not, not sure why you've posted what I've quoted. It shouldn't require any communication with Chexie to remedy the problem. She's obviously not happy about her artwork being used without her permission, yet the art still remains. Whatever response she received from the "Head GM" over at FeelRO was likely not offering a very helpful resolution. They should respect her at least to the point that they will remove her artwork. After all, FeelRO, I'm sure there's plenty of other unsuspecting Ragnarok Online fan artists you can successfully steal art from for a few months before they realize it.

Chexie

Quote from: Antagonist on Apr 10, 2009, 01:54 PM

I kind of remember 20 people cursing me out when i had posted a very nice reasonable thread to have it removed and your server owner simply said it was ok to use my art from DA and bans me. If they had just said they would remove my art and kept it private by replying to the email i wrote instead of allowing people to harass me and continuously be rude to me on forums and simply reply there maybe things wouldnt be out of hand.

FYI your members PM me admitting Alara steals sprites and claims she makes them and they are the ones who started to bring it up here. So im not surprised. overall you have a very disrespectful team. No offense. Your GMs and moderators just brought it upon yourselves for insulting me saying i had no right to have my art removed from their site instead of acting like the bigger person doing so. :)

Allowing members to curse me out, insult me as well as the moderators on their site doing the same thing, I really don't think anyone would have acted differently. If your GM wanted to resolve it properly he would just remove my art when i emailed him the first time instead of replying to my email with a link to his post on the forums defending their "designers" actions.

Furthermore if you keep insulting my art on your site saying "its not even good" then remove it. Its not so hard to remove an image on a webpage. :)

pRO Valhalla | Chexie - Biochemist | Chexi - High Priest | Blog | RO Blog | Art Thread | DeviantArt

Antagonist

The problem was being remedied. I've been following the topic over in feel, and the head GM made a post stating that he was trying to resolve the issue with the designer. He offered her a compromise, they discussed it, and he went to try to come to an agreement with the designer. This is what I've read from the topic. He offered to give her credit, and she requested her art be removed instead, so he had to go to the designer.
I'm not sure what's being done, but considering it was discussed with the designer, I think they might be removing the art.

@Chex: They very well may be removing your art. I dunno. I only posted what's been going on over there.

Chexie

Quote from: Antagonist on Apr 10, 2009, 02:08 PM
The problem was being remedied. I've been following the topic over in feel, and the head GM made a post stating that he was trying to resolve the issue with the designer. He offered her a compromise, they discussed it, and he went to try to come to an agreement with the designer. This is what I've read from the topic. He offered to give her credit, and she requested her art be removed instead, so he had to go to the designer.
I'm not sure what's being done, but considering it was discussed with the designer, I think they might be removing the art.

@Chex: They very well may be removing your art. I dunno. I only posted what's been going on over there.

No, the head GM as well as another GM never replied to me anymore and simply in simple words said they have no reason to remove my art and give me credit, so tell me why i cant get mad at that, and now they're trying to make it seem like they were resolving the issue. please. GM might kept defending his designer and simply they did not want it removed.

Now about respect, as you may have noticed my first post was very respectful and was asking nicely to have it removed. but really after 8 pages of a moderator allowing people to insult me and curse me out i think i have the right to get angry especially when a GM tolerates this behaviour.

i suggest we leave the issue before i bring up further issues about your designer based on PMs ive recieved from your own members telling me where she gets her "customs" from. This server is outdated as its designs and to be honest if your GMs wanted to resolve the issue they would say "ok, ill talk to alara" not leave me with a message like "you never signed it properly so she could use it" and link me to my own deviantart page then ban me for being angry at that. please. I am done discussing things properly with your moderators and GMs since all your members can do is type "**ing ip ban her." after im being respectful and your fellow moderator parttakes. so sad.

I will end with saying that server has a problem, if your own members tell me your GMs steal sprites, artworks and claim it as their own but they're too scared to mention it you really have a problem. I'm glad you choose to IP ban me and keep my artworks up. Have a little decency please. It's not too late :)

@GM Alara; learn how to be original, and dont claim copyright on art / sprites / custom sprites that aren't yours.

p.s. not directed to you antagonist

pRO Valhalla | Chexie - Biochemist | Chexi - High Priest | Blog | RO Blog | Art Thread | DeviantArt

Antagonist

Did you pm, or email?
Whoever other GM is might have logged off or something. x_x
Did you get to read the most recent post he made regarding it?
Either way, I hope an email gets sent saying what exactly happens. But since I'm (once again) only saying what's happening over there, I dunno what's gonna happen regarding the art, since that wasn't said.

Edit: Can you please stop using "your" like it's my server? I just play on it. It's not literally my server, and I'm not a GM. I don't want people thinking I am.

bleu

hmm... i think it's best to create a new topic under Hall of Shame specifically about the stolen art incident at FeelRO. I believe that's how other cases were dealt with. I recall seeing another server with your chibi art being reported at that section not too long ago.

p/s: hope you get recognised for your creative works and your wishes as an artist respected. /ok

Symbiote

Quote from: bleu on Apr 10, 2009, 02:42 PM
hmm... i think it's best to create a new topic under Hall of Shame specifically about the stolen art incident at FeelRO. I believe that's how other cases were dealt with. I recall seeing another server with your chibi art being reported at that section not too long ago.

p/s: hope you get recognised for your creative works and your wishes as an artist respected. /ok

No. Some threads were created here, or Server Reports, and moved there once confirmed to be performing immoral behavior.

But this isn't exactly off-topic. I wouldn't recommend starting a new thread. Perhaps the thread can be split into parts, if necessary.

A92FL0163

Shame most of feelRO community is just trying to avoid the matter, saying "ban her plx" or things like that, or just saying "lol internet is srs bussins" and variants of those. Awesome how the overall RO community is going downfall so fast. Not that it wasn't already going.

Chexie

Quote from: MKR on Apr 10, 2009, 03:34 PM
You called a respected member of FeelRO's community a thief in public. Perhaps you're right legally, but the way you handled it was absolutely and objectively wrong. When you come to someone else's domain and start declaring your perceived rights in full view of the public and start making requests based on these interpretations, you can't expect them to be happy about it.

If I had inadvertently misappropriated someone else's work and that person were being disrespectful in their approach, I wouldn't even give them the time of day. Advertising EssenceRO by PM certainly didn't strengthen your position.

Perhaps you do have legal standing, but they know you probably won't take it to court, and even if you did, they probably have better lawyers. By handling it like you did, you likely eliminated any shot you had at getting them to do anything about it.

They stated way before i started talking to your members that they wouldn't remove it. So why bother? These people obviously have no idea how to respect artists rights. Your own members started PMing me so dont even bring that up. I'm disgusted at people who steal artworks, sprites and who knows what. Alara took it from DeviantARt with no credit at all. Stop acting like the GMs of your server are mature when they kept making reasons like I only posted warnings on my artworks 2 days ago. Please. They keep making stories and finding loopholes instead of addressing the problem properly.

GM Might should have addressed whatever he wanted in the email i sent him and after completely ignoring me and just posting on the forums that Alara didn't do anything wrong because she took my art from my DA page I doubt i have no reason to say these things.

Wake up. Your own members are the ones telling me how its such a common thing that Alara does and most of her custom sprites arent hers as your website claims.

Any server with any decent GM / Admins would respond properly to an email instead of saying "oh i dont see your watermark all over this image" and linking me back to my own website. Constantly saying excuses like "oh you probably never put a warning on it, you just did it 2 days ago coz we used your art. you prolly did that etc etc" Seriously the GM team needs to grow up. I really wouldve left the issue long ago if might replied properly to my email and dealt about the issue with me however being the so-called mature GM he is, he just keeps prolonging the flaming and obviously your mods and GMs say i have no right for it to be removed. its useless convincing people who are narrow minded.

Chexie

Quote from: MKR on Apr 10, 2009, 03:43 PM
I don't know a thing about the GMs and don't care to. I'm talking about your manner. All the FeelRO community can see is you calling out Alara as a thief as being the start of this.

Because i had sufficient evidence that she consciously removes my signatures / watermarks. I already have proof that she knew where she was taking my art from and who made it. I understand you are defending your server but to be honest I had every right to do what i did. If GM Might removed it or told me he would instead of acting like the other 10 immature people posting there this would have been settled long before but their pride just keeps saying their right and they can use my art however they want.

Chexie

Quote from: MKR on Apr 10, 2009, 03:50 PM
Quote from: Chexie on Apr 10, 2009, 03:46 PM
Quote from: MKR on Apr 10, 2009, 03:43 PM
I don't know a thing about the GMs and don't care to. I'm talking about your manner. All the FeelRO community can see is you calling out Alara as a thief as being the start of this.

Because i had sufficient evidence that she consciously removes my signatures / watermarks. I already have proof that she knew where she was taking my art from and who made it.

That's great, but it doesn't relate to what I'm saying at all.

Order of events from the community's perspective:
1: You call Alara out as a thief publicly
2: People badger you for it
3: You act silly

You can say you gave them plenty of advance notice, they can say you didn't, and neither means a thing.

re: Your edit.

What makes you think I'm defending anything? FeelRO could go poof tomorrow and I wouldn't care. I'm telling you why you got the reaction you got.

I don't really expect more from a bunch of no-lifers who like to spam as a hobby. :) No my so-called acting silly was merely a response to the GMs and mods defending her stealing my art. they really had nothing to prove she never stole it.

I am done talking to might and his team of GMs and their little art thief. I feel pity for her lack of originality and creativity. No matter what they say an art thief is still a thief and they really should've just taken my art down the first time to avoid trouble but i guess they like i that way. :)