EssenceRO

Started by Nalei, Mar 12, 2009, 03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Symbiote

Not exactly sure why Descent's post was removed. It wasn't off-topic. Nor was Irrelevant's.

[Šŷmβĭö†ė] - "There is nothing in this world to believe in."

Descent

Quote from: Symbiote on Apr 01, 2009, 10:07 AM
Not exactly sure why Descent's post was removed. It wasn't off-topic. Nor was Irrelevant's.

Because 3Jane can't mod if you put a knife to her throat. Apparently, only you and Hidden are allowed to post in this thread.

Bah screw it. Wouldn't change anything regardless.

Back to AceCombat X until more replies come.

Zone

Interesting post.
I'm going to think and come back later.

Rudolph Zyaber

I wouldn't say I'm kissing/licking anyones butt, I quit being a moderator because 1) it was boring and 2) I had too much work to do.

you would think I would have learned my lesson the first time after I found out how boring being a GM on ValkyrieRO was, but I guess I'm a slow learner.

I say I'm not kissing anyones donkey because for the most part I agreed with the majority of this Reviews statements, although I would have to say that most of the complaints they would have with Essence, they would have with any other moderately high pop. server these days as well.  I also don't see the complaint a lot of reviewers are having with Cliques and groupings of players sticking to themselves.  You join one, you make friends, you make enemies, everyone has a good time.  Would you prefer that you were friends with everyone on the server and so was everyone else and there was no e-drama or WoE or PVP competition? boring!  Sure, I admit everyone could be a fair bit nicer on Essence, but if anyone is to blame for that, it would have to be the players moreso than the Admins.  They do all the work and get crapped on because some people can't handle a few Kill steals and a bit of trashtalk.  But the problem most of the have is they don't report it or provide sufficient evidence.  The print Screen button takes screenshots and you can save chatlogs I believe.  Learn2doso people.

Anyway, what I mainly want to do around here is to make sure Essence gets the recognition it deserves.  It handled the Wipe last summer very well.  Has rebounded almost immediately after Symbiotes deletion of the majority of the forums, and a simple rollback fixed anything he did in-game.  It has ran for over a year now without any overly major hiccups and has done so without any retarded overpowered donation items to drag down the quality of the gaming experience. They have to my knowledge done nothing that rewards being called corrupt or incompetent, except for maybe Sita who was dumb enough to add Symbiote to her MSN and allow him access to her computer.

While I admit the community has its problems, anything you experience in Essence is the same you will experience in any other online community in any other game that lets you be somewhat competitive.  Go to the freaking super smash bros. brawl forums and try and voice an opinion as a new player, you will get torn to pieces for not knowing anything or being around long enough.  That is the nature of online gaming. New players are trashed on and the longer lasting ones get applause. It happens anywhere.

If anything, Essence doesn't get enough respect in the RO community and RMS and the majority of the concerns of the OP in this particular review are somewhat minor ones.  The server is up constantly, has regular fairly competitive WoEs every week, has the majority of 3rd class skills working but disabled in PVP/WoE as to not be imbalanced and has no donation or overpowered bullcrap in the game.  They are still buggy because they are still in development even in kro test servers.

As to what Symb and Hidden are fighting over, I couldn't give a Rats A$$.  What they are talking about for the most part has barely any meaning on the ingame experience of the community or is in anyway relevant to this review and for the most part, as far as I can see, Technical issues presented on the forums are handled skillfuly and quickly by both the staff and the community. 

Bleh

Descent

Oh give it a friggin' rest. You people have put yourselves on a pedestal since day one, and you wonder why you don't get any respect.

Quote from: Another EssenceRO Sycophant
If anything, Essence doesn't get enough respect in the RO community and RMS and the majority of the concerns of the OP in this particular review are somewhat minor ones.

.....right. You've got to be kidding me.

Symbiote

Quote from: Rudolph Zyaber on Apr 01, 2009, 05:42 PMAs to what Symb and Hidden are fighting over, I couldn't give a Rats A$$.  What they are talking about for the most part has barely any meaning on the ingame experience of the community or is in anyway relevant to this review and for the most part, as far as I can see, Technical issues presented on the forums are handled skillfuly and quickly by both the staff and the community.

I read Descent's response and quote of you, laughed, and scrolled down to this paragraph of yours. How exactly is the way the staff handles their server irrelevant to the in-game experience? Obviously, people can't even play in-game if the staff is unwilling to fix their technical issues, which, I was able to do. And if someone just so happens to know the truth about something that the staff is adamant to hide, they could get a ban from the game. People had been having the same technical issue, which affected even more than just Ragnarok, for over week, some people even longer, yet, I was able to come along and solve the problem in less than 24 hours, only to get the fix removed by the staff. Please, Melchior. Spare us.
Posted on: Apr 01, 2009, 06:32 pm
http://forums.essencero.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=20387&view=findpost&p=212963

Surprise, surprise. Turns out I was correct. The virus was at the fault of the staff, the epidemic was confined to EssenceRO. I knew the only sensible culprit was the patcher(s). I also released a program to specifically fix the fault. Surprisingly, it hasn't been removed yet from Essence forums. Likely because it's located at the same URL as the guide I put up before, which everyone kept linking to despite the staff's persistence to remove the link.

So, hey guys! Play EssenceRO. Enjoy your poorly managed security, and thank a banned guy for assisting you, something the staff didn't seem very educated/interested in doing, when you receive a virus from their patcher.

Aozora

Quote from: Rudolph Zyaber on Apr 01, 2009, 05:42 PMIt handled the Wipe last summer very well.

This right here. "Handled a wipe very well"? Servers should not handle wipes for any reason whatsoever unless it's specifically stated that "This server will wipe every X months". If a server wipes, in my eyes that server fails immediately no matter what the reason is. Wipe because GM went berserk? Backups. Wipe because people hacked your server? Backups. If your server is ran properly by smart and professional staff then the most that should happen is a week or two rollback at most. Preferably the server Owner should make backups multiple times a week in order to prevent data loss. If you don't have backups, you fail. If you don't use backups you just clearly show that you don't give a s*** about your community.

Bottom line is; There should never, absolutely never be a need for a full wipe unless either a) you specifically want to start from a fresh b) the server periodically wipes.

Quote from: Rudolph Zyaber on Apr 01, 2009, 05:42 PM
has the majority of 3rd class skills working but disabled in PVP/WoE as to not be imbalanced and has no donation or overpowered bullcrap in the game.  They are still buggy because they are still in development even in kro test servers.

This is another thing that I can never comprehend in Essence. Why in the name of everything that represents RO, would you implement 3rd classes? It is just completely idiotic and the staff completely disregards any notions of game balance in PvM. 3rd classes were never meant to work with old mechanics, that's why they're still in the sakray renewal server. The renewal mechanics are being tweaked and so are the classes, so why would you implement them into an environment where they were never designed to be played with? It's like opening a screw with a hammer, it just simply doesn't work.

netnubie

Lol, I was crying hoarse about the patcher error for a week in all places except Old Payon (hate the place).

Chexmix

Quote from: Symbiote on Mar 31, 2009, 03:09 AM
Quote from: Chexmix on Mar 31, 2009, 02:57 AM
nobody cares. seriously. open your own review thread if you think someone ought to pay attention to your babbling as opposed to hijacking someone else's review thread with your own... whatever you want to call it, since you still didn't provide any proof, and proof is what this section of the forum is built upon

Once someone fabricates believable "counterproof," I will begin wasting my time with the real proof. In the meantime, I'll continue posting here. I suppose if JJJ wants to start my own thread with my initial response, and absolutely must, he may. But I'd really prefer continue hijacking this.

As for nobody caring, I'm not exactly sure what this section is for if "nobody cares" about what is going on at a server which is being reviewed. Sounds like you like yourself some EssenceRO asskissing. But there's only about a million "Chex"'s that play/have played Essence, can't quite call you out as a fact on it.

so I've not logged in for a while and I apologize if this is derailing the thread further, but since it's addressed directly to me I have to respond.
No, I never played EssenceRO so what the f*** would I "asskiss" for? I asked for proof, as did everyone else, because that would have given your review credibility instead of it just being hearsay. But whatevs, cry more I guess, you're doing a good job of it thus far.

ETA: @Chexie or whatever, nobody stole "your name", CHEX MIX IS A SNACK. But thanks for acknowledging that everyone is able to have a different experience with servers, that's something most people here fail to grasp.

Just wanted to get that out. That said, continue bickering I guess

Symbiote

Quote from: Chexmix on Apr 08, 2009, 03:29 AMso I've not logged in for a while and I apologize if this is derailing the thread further, but since it's addressed directly to me I have to respond.
No, I never played EssenceRO so what the f*** would I "asskiss" for? I asked for proof, as did everyone else, because that would have given your review credibility instead of it just being hearsay. But whatevs, cry more I guess, you're doing a good job of it thus far.

As you proven in your other post, making the effort to gather all the evidence I have for every claim I have would ultimately be futile, because of morons like yourself.