EssenceRO

Started by Nalei, Mar 12, 2009, 03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiddenDragon

Quote from: Symbiote on Mar 31, 2009, 04:58 PM
And even after I diagnosed the actual problem, you continue to suggest people f*** around with their Service Pack:

HMMM, maybe because someone upgraded from SP2 to SP3 and it worked?
http://forums.essencero.com/index.php?showtopic=20435&view=findpost&p=211224

Wow, maybe I shouldn't suggest something that worked.

http://forums.essencero.com/index.php?showtopic=20435&st=360&p=211341&#entry211341

The point is, you kept pressing for one solution even after people claimed that it was not the problem, and didn't do jack s*** to attempt to figure out what the real cause was. Throwing random suggestions and random possibilities into the mix isn't going to help anybody. Google is a wonderful tool. Not like you aren't the head developer over at Essence, or anything, right? However, the problem is confined to EssenceRO. I haven't seen a single other server complain about the issues, and if you'd like to correct me, please. Please link me to these other server's forums, with players complaining about the same exact problem in masses. I'll help them as well.

Open your damn eyes.  I stated "For now, you can try virus scanning your computer. Upgrading Windows XP to SP3 seems to have helped those who tried it (since it reinstalls core windows files again) or using System Restore (if it was enabled) to restore back to an earlier point in time."

Clearly, I've insisted on only one solution.

Quote from: Symbiote on Mar 31, 2009, 04:58 PMSo you're confirming that you think no one should speak out about anything, ever? I think you're just pulling s*** out of your a** since you know you, and the staff, are in the wrong. As one of the Administrators of EssenceRO, I'd assume that you should be one of those people that care how long EssenceRO lives. But that's alright, keep on supporting my points.

I never ever stated that nobody should speak out. I also never stated that I don't care how long essence lives. But thanks for trying to pull words out of my mouth.

Rudolph is an alias of "Melchior," whom just so happens to be, gasp, an ex-Moderator for EssenceRO forums. God forbid a staff member/ex staff member say good things about the server they work(ed) for, and be full of complete s***. RateMyServer's review system is solely for short, half-assed reviews. The review section in their forums is for extended reviews, and anything/everything regarding the integrity of a server. I'm not out of bounds, no matter how much you wish that I were so that this all would go away.

*Gasp* I guess being an ex-staffer suddenly means his opinions are worthless? People leave staff for all sorts of reasons be it good or bad. Just because he conflicts with your opinion doesn't make him automatically worthless.

Quote from: Symbiote on Mar 31, 2009, 04:58 PMNo, Hidden. It doesn't matter at all when something occurred, unless a few changes have occurred. Has the staff and its members had a complete overhaul? No. Has the staff shown great effort to change their ways? No, and you're a prime example, spouting off about s*** you have zero clue about, and continuing to lie in Tira's place.
Yet where is the proof you've stated several times over? As of right now, nobody knows if what you say is true. I also ask again, who honestly cares (besides yourself)?

I don't understand where you're trying to go with this. The lying itself was not worth it, is what I mentioned, not that it didn't matter that Tira was lying. It was simply that much worse that she was lying about something so god damn stupid, and extraordinarily moronic that she banned me for telling the truth about it. Halloween is irrelevant to why I was banned on your part. It was simply my way of taking a steaming s*** on liars. In other words, the majority of Essence Staff.

As I recall, your forum warn level was approaching the 100% mark (if I take the time I could pull off a dozen+ posts of you calling others fags). I don't think you were banned for telling the truth, rather from the swearing/cussing explosion that happened in IRC (to which I wasn't there and cannot comment on) in addition to several other in game abuse reports.

Quote from: Symbiote on Mar 31, 2009, 04:58 PMAgain, I'm not quite sure where you're attempting to go. Did I claim you'd resign from your Admin position if you were wrong, which, you are? No. That'd be silly. However, a better reason to resign from your Admin position is the apparent (faked-as-an-attempt-to-pass-my-comments-off-easier) lack of care that you have about the server.

The lack of care apparently, that doubled the server's population since the wipe.

This is getting beyond ridiculous. I believe I've already said everything I need to say.

Symbiote

Quote from: HiddenDragon on Mar 31, 2009, 05:25 PMHMMM, maybe because someone upgraded from SP2 to SP3 and it worked?

Wow, maybe I shouldn't suggest something that worked.

HMMM, even suggesting it after people said that they had SP3 and still had the same problem?! Please. The only reason updating from Service Pack 2 to Service Pack 3 was that it overwrote the damn registry entries that my guide fixed, anyway.

Quote from: HiddenDragon on Mar 31, 2009, 05:25 PMOpen your damn eyes.  I stated "For now, you can try virus scanning your computer. Upgrading Windows XP to SP3 seems to have helped those who tried it (since it reinstalls core windows files again) or using System Restore (if it was enabled) to restore back to an earlier point in time."

Clearly, I've insisted on only one solution.

My eyes are open. People had stated, multiple times, that their virus scanners either did not open, or did not return any results. Yet, instead of verifying that my guide was clean, which wasn't difficult, considering there were a flood of people that used my guide with success, and Guide #2 out of the two guides I made required zero downloads of files created by myself (only official software, from official links), you decided to continue to press people to do something completely irrelevant to fixing the actual problem. You're pathetic.

Quote from: HiddenDragon on Mar 31, 2009, 05:25 PMI never ever stated that nobody should speak out. I also never stated that I don't care how long essence lives. But thanks for trying to pull words out of my mouth.

What are you talking about? "You're just trying to cause drama because you're speaking out against our wrongs, Symbiote!"

Read your posts. You've constantly implied, to benefit yourself, that speaking out is only causing drama. I don't put words in anyone's mouth, I lay out the obvious for those that cannot see it.

Quote from: HiddenDragon on Mar 31, 2009, 05:25 PM*Gasp* I guess being an ex-staffer suddenly means his opinions are worthless? People leave staff for all sorts of reasons be it good or bad. Just because he conflicts with your opinion doesn't make him automatically worthless.

It's quite obvious that someone that was on the staff is likely going to be biased, especially if they didn't leave for any bad reason. Is his opinion about the server in general worthless? No. Is it less important than that of someone that wasn't a staff member? Yes. Nobody cares what a staff member has to say about their server for a general review. I know for a fact Melchior's just licking away.

Quote from: HiddenDragon on Mar 31, 2009, 05:25 PMAs I recall, your forum warn level was approaching the 100% mark (if I take the time I could pull off a dozen+ posts of you calling others fags). I don't think you were banned for telling the truth, rather from the swearing/cussing explosion that happened in IRC (to which I wasn't there and cannot comment on) in addition to several other in game abuse reports.

Yes, you obviously weren't even there. You were too busy playing Secret Behind-the-scenes Admin, until I came along and f*** s*** up and Tira had to expose that the whiny guy that had abandoned the server when wipe occurred due to duplicated items, which I was responsible for finding out, had come back to play Administrator. Regardless, no. My Warning level was well below 100% at the time I was banned, and warnings only increased 10% per. That was only the forums, anyway, thus, even if I were to have hit 100%, my ban would've solely been forum.

I was banned from the game before I even exploded in IRC, and I was banned from the game for simply telling someone that I was arguing with Tira and Okale in IRC about lies they were telling people. It was obviously over me telling the truth, and trying to deny it, while using common sense and putting together the events, is absolutely retarded. There were zero abuse reports about me at the time of my ban. I'd know, right? I had as much access as you. Actually, even more access than you at the time to the forums.

Quote from: HiddenDragon on Mar 31, 2009, 05:25 PMThe lack of care apparently, that doubled the server's population since the wipe.

"*Gasp*" You must be referring to the 3rd class implementation recruitment ploy. Congratulations, buddy. You took advantage of the fact that kRO hasn't even completed 3rd classes, let alone eAthena, and decided to implement them, with all their unfinished (kRO will obviously change skills before their final release) skills, in all their horrid glory. The population boomed. Why? You know why. People are retarded, and no matter how bad a server is at this moment, if they have 3rd classes, people are going to play it. Recruitment ploy. An obvious one, at that. I sure bet you're proud of yourself.

(Edit: Made a continuity mistake.)

[Šŷmβĭö†ė] - "There is nothing in this world to believe in."

symbiote watch your langauge please....
and really guys, can all of you keep it civil... X.x

Descent

Quote from: JJJ on Mar 31, 2009, 06:27 PM

Civil?

These two are saints comparing to some others.

HiddenDragon

I don't believe this is worth continuing anymore JJJ. There is no point arguing with someone resorting to harsh language and insults.

Symbiote

Quote from: HiddenDragon on Mar 31, 2009, 07:02 PM
I don't believe this is worth continuing anymore JJJ. There is no point arguing with someone resorting to harsh language and insults.

Ah, but of course. How could I not see this coming? "u cuss, nothin u say has merit." Old.

Irrelevant

Quote from: JJJ on Mar 31, 2009, 06:27 PM

Mostly everything is edited down by the filter. Save a few obvious techniques to bypass it. Like this: Shit. Besides of all that, whoever enabled the filter made a false assumption, namely, that we don't understand what "s***" and "b****" means and that it isn't equally offensive (not) to read it that way.

Point being, they're being civil. Being offended by cuss words is for kids, really.

Fallacy ad hominem.

Way to lose at debating, bud.

HiddenDragon

Quote from: Symbiote on Mar 31, 2009, 08:19 PM

Ah, but of course. How could I not see this coming? "u cuss, nothin u say has merit." Old.

Frankly, I don't see the need to drop down to the use of cuss words to get my point across. Professional debate is void of cuss words for this very reason.

Pow

Poor JJJ, having to make all these decisions herself.

Topic is clean, continue with your pointless 'professional debate'

-Pow
Divided we stand, together we fall.
There isn't any god that can save us all
So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
There is no belief in this promised land

Quote from: Pow on Mar 31, 2009, 09:04 PM
Poor JJJ, having to make all these decisions herself.

Topic is clean, continue with your pointless 'professional debate'

-Pow
xD im not even sure what you removed ^^;;;
*shows how much attention i gave this topic*

and the thing about the language, even though we do have a filter, its still bad language....

Symbiote

Quote from: HiddenDragon on Mar 31, 2009, 08:56 PMFrankly, I don't see the need to drop down to the use of cuss words to get my point across. Professional debate is void of cuss words for this very reason.

That's wonderful. I don't recall anyone forcing you to "drop down to the use of cuss words to get your point across," yet you're still dropping out, no? I'm sure as hell not 'using cuss words to get my point across.' I'm using cuss words because they're " f*** " words. You obviously need to get past that little matter.

"Professional debate" is void of people trying to ramble off-topic, or come up with irrelevant excuses in attempt to derail the other's argument.

LemonCrosswalk

This is the thread that never ends~
Yes it goes on and on my friend~
Some people started fighting trying to create quite a buzz~
And they'll keep on responding just because~

Hrist

I still don't see any screenshots of anything related to corruption. You know, its not fun reading through walls of text and come out empty handed. All I see are Gravity Errors, Fuxing (yes, I said fuxing) up your windows registry (which is the first time I encountered since RO is quite easy to configure and fix).

Where's the corruption?! All I see are *snickers* debates regarding some random QQ in which I lost track of.

Sorry, I just had to say it. I still think visuals > drama any day.

Symbiote

Quote from: Hrist on Apr 01, 2009, 05:42 AMI still don't see any screenshots of anything related to corruption. You know, its not fun reading through walls of text and come out empty handed. All I see are Gravity Errors, Fuxing (yes, I said fuxing) up your windows registry (which is the first time I encountered since RO is quite easy to configure and fix).

Where's the corruption?! All I see are *snickers* debates regarding some random QQ in which I lost track of.

Pretty sure you didn't read the entire thread. Sucks.

Hrist

Quote from: Symbiote on Apr 01, 2009, 07:08 AM
Quote from: Hrist on Apr 01, 2009, 05:42 AMI still don't see any screenshots of anything related to corruption. You know, its not fun reading through walls of text and come out empty handed. All I see are Gravity Errors, Fuxing (yes, I said fuxing) up your windows registry (which is the first time I encountered since RO is quite easy to configure and fix).

Pretty sure you didn't read the entire thread. Sucks.

Like I said, I just browsed since I got bored of long posts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure as hell I'm not an EssenceRO supporter, but I still need to see solid proof, not just wall of texts.

I just might read through it this time, but whatever. Have fun in your crusade.