EssenceRO

Started by Nalei, Mar 12, 2009, 03:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chexmix

nobody cares. seriously. open your own review thread if you think someone ought to pay attention to your babbling as opposed to hijacking someone else's review thread with your own... whatever you want to call it, since you still didn't provide any proof, and proof is what this section of the forum is built upon

Symbiote

Quote from: Chexmix on Mar 31, 2009, 02:57 AM
nobody cares. seriously. open your own review thread if you think someone ought to pay attention to your babbling as opposed to hijacking someone else's review thread with your own... whatever you want to call it, since you still didn't provide any proof, and proof is what this section of the forum is built upon

Once someone fabricates believable "counterproof," I will begin wasting my time with the real proof. In the meantime, I'll continue posting here. I suppose if JJJ wants to start my own thread with my initial response, and absolutely must, he may. But I'd really prefer continue hijacking this.

As for nobody caring, I'm not exactly sure what this section is for if "nobody cares" about what is going on at a server which is being reviewed. Sounds like you like yourself some EssenceRO asskissing. But there's only about a million "Chex"'s that play/have played Essence, can't quite call you out as a fact on it.

[Šŷmβĭö†ė] - "There is nothing in this world to believe in."

HiddenDragon

I had to log in just to reply to more s*** coming from you Symbiote.

Frankly I find it rather funny you're still Q.Qing over being lied to, MONTHS after you were long banned. Get over it.

Second, everyone who supports EssenseRO seems to you as simply another 'asskisser'. Childish. And it's getting old.

Thirdly, posting here was intended by you, to incite some sort of drama. Hell, until you changed your forum name from EddieBrock to Symbiote you could have continued helping if you really cared about people's problems. But no, you had to change your name to one that would be recognized perhaps as a way to say "I'm back, I'm right and the eRO admins are wrong".

This is nothing more than an attempt to get attention. Fact is, you attempted to destroy the server and exposed every account's passwords. You are not honestly looking to help people.

/dramafest

sigh lets try to hold some civility please =/

Symbiote

Quote from: HiddenDragon on Mar 31, 2009, 09:03 AMI had to log in just to reply to more s*** coming from you Symbiote.

Frankly I find it rather funny you're still Q.Qing over being lied to, MONTHS after you were long banned. Get over it.

Second, everyone who supports EssenseRO seems to you as simply another 'asskisser'. Childish. And it's getting old.

Thirdly, posting here was intended by you, to incite some sort of drama. Hell, until you changed your forum name from EddieBrock to Symbiote you could have continued helping if you really cared about people's problems. But no, you had to change your name to one that would be recognized perhaps as a way to say "I'm back, I'm right and the eRO admins are wrong".

This is nothing more than an attempt to get attention. Fact is, you attempted to destroy the server and exposed every account's passwords. You are not honestly looking to help people.

/dramafest

Ahaha. So writing a truthful review is an attempt to get attention? s***, we may as well toss RateMyServer and its forums in the recycle bin. Quit being a butthurt, misinformed liar, Hidden. Posting on the forums was not intended to start drama, it was intended to help players with problems that your staff could not fix. However, I wasn't going to do it under an alias. Everyone needs to know who's putting forth the effort to assist them, while their staff was not doing so.

The alias was there because I knew your incompetent staff(you, as well) would ban me before I could post up the guide. Even after posting up the guide, though, you morons removed it, making the entire community that was experiencing the issue frantic about how to obtain the guide so they could finally fix their problems.

Everyone that supports Essence is not an "asskisser," but any one of them that ignore sensible arguments by firing off with "omg shut up nobody cares" quite obviously is. As long as people are being misinformed about this "great EssenceRO," 'MONTHS after it lost its decency' (more like many, many months, but for mocking sake, months works), I'll continue to spread word about how wrong they truly are.

However, I do appreciate your confirmation that you were wrong, and Tira/Okale were infact liars. Saves me a lot of trouble.

Chexie

SN: Ugh. More people with my name :( To think I've used Chex / Chexie when 2nd jobs didn't even exist on official servers lol. Yeah this is the real me and no im not Chex mix.

Back to topic, I don't know what the problem with the GMs etc. are since I'm pretty new to the server but here's my honest view on the server and well I assure you it's really not biased. I don't get into the whole dramarama so take my word.

I havent really seen any names that are TOO VULGAR since most usernames i see are simply to amuse people and are just funny. I quit WoEing ages ago because of the drama involved but I mean in every server theres drama over WoE so its nothing new and just like any other server eRO has it.

eRO's main problem would be KSers sometimes. there are a big number of ksers in some maps where leveling is prominent and it does get annoying but every server has that. At least eRO has the benefit of an "@noks" command.

Regarding the economy i find it pretty stable and off course you should expect +7 and +8s, its a mid-rate server for a reason. So it's kind of expected. The 3-1 classes may not be fully working but at least its updated regularly, and the GMs are always making efforts to be online and help players. The server is stable, rarely crashes, and i mean rarely, downtime is only from 10-15 mins which is awesome. The server is also customized without being overly-gross like 999 other customized item servers out there. Community is pretty kind and the events / quests really make the game fun. Regarding lag / random-DCs, never happens. I can play properly with some minor lag which is normal.

My only reasons for your stated negative reasons would be:

a. you have a crappy PC that has bad specs
b. your net connection sux as well as your location

Regarding MVP maps being PVP maps i think its a good idea since it gives mvps more of a challenge. And rarely do people pick on lowbies.

Now regarding donations, i dont see why its anything to complain about. Donations dont really benefit the donator much. Cool pets? Headgears with not so awesome stats and a custom town. Nothing really overpowered.

I found the first review a little too exaggerated, biased and somewhat personal? So far eRO is a good server for people who wanna play for fun and with friends and im sticking to that but no review is perfect. try it for yourself and judge it for yourself.

all our experiences are different. we may not experience what others do.

pRO Valhalla | Chexie - Biochemist | Chexi - High Priest | Blog | RO Blog | Art Thread | DeviantArt

HiddenDragon

Quote from: Symbiote on Mar 31, 2009, 01:25 PM
Ahaha. So writing a truthful review is an attempt to get attention? s***, we may as well toss RateMyServer and its forums in the recycle bin. Quit being a butthurt, misinformed liar, Hidden. Posting on the forums was not intended to start drama, it was intended to help players with problems that your staff could not fix. However, I wasn't going to do it under an alias. Everyone needs to know who's putting forth the effort to assist them, while their staff was not doing so.

The alias was there because I knew your incompetent staff(you, as well) would ban me before I could post up the guide. Even after posting up the guide, though, you morons removed it, making the entire community that was experiencing the issue frantic about how to obtain the guide so they could finally fix their problems.

Yet you still felt compelled to reveal yourself for whatever reason knowing FULL WELL you would be rebanned. Did not intend to cause drama? What a load of crock.

Later still, you post here on ratemyserver forums calling out the administration (specifically me/har/popsi/leirbag). Not intending to cause drama? I rest my case.

Everyone that supports Essence is not an "asskisser," but any one of them that ignore sensible arguments by firing off with "omg shut up nobody cares" quite obviously is. As long as people are being misinformed about this "great EssenceRO," 'MONTHS after it lost its decency' (more like many, many months, but for mocking sake, months works), I'll continue to spread word about how wrong they truly are.

However, I do appreciate your confirmation that you were wrong, and Tira/Okale were infact liars. Saves me a lot of trouble.

And here again, we come to the crux of the matter. You find it necessary to pursue a quest to expose Tira/Okale as liars for something that happened ages ago? How does it benefit you? Does the average player even care? The answer is they quite honestly don't. Most people on ragnarok servers play for friends/pvp/anime hats. Not to make political statements, callouts, and drama.

I suppose your non-stop cussing on IRC to Tira and your failed attempt to destroy EssenceRO say otherwise, however. Who, then is the more 'butthurt'?

JJJ, if you would please split the topic into it's own under Soap Opera that would be nice.

Symbiote

Quote from: HiddenDragon on Mar 31, 2009, 02:43 PMYet you still felt compelled to reveal yourself for whatever reason knowing FULL WELL you would be rebanned. Did not intend to cause drama? What a load of crock.

Later still, you post here on ratemyserver forums calling out the administration (specifically me/har/popsi/leirbag). Not intending to cause drama? I rest my case.

I knew that I would be banned, but I didn't know for a fact that you guys would actually be moronic enough to remove a working guide that fixed a problem you were apparently "too good" to fix. And now that I supplied my guide, you've magically found "more information?" You thought it was a Service Pack issue. After I posted up my guide, you followed it, and found "more" information as a result of my effort. Though, my guide is still most useful. You're welcome.

If you truly want to be literal, speaking out about anything, anywhere, is "causing drama." So, nobody should do it? Come on, buddy. Surely you're smarter than that.

Quote from: HiddenDragon on Mar 31, 2009, 02:43 PMAnd here again, we come to the crux of the matter. You find it necessary to pursue a quest to expose Tira/Okale as liars for something that happened ages ago? How does it benefit you? Does the average player even care? The answer is they quite honestly don't. Most people on ragnarok servers play for friends/pvp/anime hats. Not to make political statements, callouts, and drama.

I suppose your non-stop cussing on IRC to Tira and your failed attempt to destroy EssenceRO say otherwise, however.

Let me ask you this, Hidden. Does it truly matter when it occurred? October 08 was not that long ago. Hell, EssenceRO hasn't even been around for that long. A year and a half? Holy s***, you guys are relics. Please, spare me the shenanigans. If the "average player" does not care about things that should be included in reviews, they will not read reviews. Those people are morons, but thankfully, since they don't care, they won't read me saying that!

Exposing EssenceRO for the pile of s*** it is benefits me greatly. Satisfaction. The real question is; what do I gain by sitting by, letting everyone believe the lies that were force-fed to them? Now, the answer to that is truly "nothing." Of course I'm going to go with pursuing the truth, or reality, because that's simply the kind of person that I am. Why should I let you fools get away with lying, especially when it involves myself?

In any case, Tira was a lying b****, I knew it, of course we were going to have an argument in IRC if she were so persistent to keep lying. Not quite sure where you were trying to go, there, but regarding my apparent 'failed attempt to destroy the server,' you truly are more misinformed than I initially thought. Destroying the server was not my intent when I launched on Halloween, and I knew that it wouldn't do that. Had I wasted more time on EssenceRO prior to Halloween, you better believe I would've caused all of the damage that I wanted to cause to the server. But I still like to be rather secretive about the information/planning I had obtained prior to Halloween, so I won't dwell too much on that matter, for good reason, regardless that you are, not surprisingly, wrong, again.

Quote from: HiddenDragon on Mar 31, 2009, 02:43 PMJJJ, if you would please split the topic into it's own under Soap Opera that would be nice.

Nope. This is now the official EssenceRO thread. Seriously, though. JJJ, if you're going to split things, talk to me first. I don't want you to slaughter it.

Dauphine

For someone completely unrelated, can I just say, it doesn't look good for EssenseRO from where I am standing. I've seen a lot of similar drama on my server, and I gotta say, I support HiddenDragon in this.

If the stuff she says are even half true, I rather have the ERO Staff work on it or apologize than.. well, do this what they do =/

This is just me, though, ignore me if you want, yeah.

Symbiote

Quote from: Dauphine on Mar 31, 2009, 04:11 PMFor someone completely unrelated, can I just say, it doesn't look good for EssenseRO from where I am standing. I've seen a lot of similar drama on my server, and I gotta say, I support HiddenDragon in this.

If the stuff she says are even half true, I rather have the ERO Staff work on it or apologize than.. well, do this what they do =/

Uh. What? I don't exactly understand what you're trying to say. I see some contradictions. "It doesn't look good for EssenceRO, I side with HiddenDragon." --But HiddenDragon is supporting EssenceRO, seeing as how he is an Administrator there. And I have absolutely no idea what your third sentence means.

Chexie

Quote from: Symbiote on Mar 31, 2009, 04:25 PM
Quote from: Dauphine on Mar 31, 2009, 04:11 PMFor someone completely unrelated, can I just say, it doesn't look good for EssenseRO from where I am standing. I've seen a lot of similar drama on my server, and I gotta say, I support HiddenDragon in this.

Uh. What? I don't exactly understand what you're trying to say. I see some contradictions. "It doesn't look good for EssenceRO, I side with HiddenDragon." --But HiddenDragon is supporting EssenceRO, seeing as how he is an Administrator there. And I have absolutely no idea what your third sentence means.

i think what this person is trying to say is that the problem should be resolved internally, and they (eRO staff should try and fix the problems) or settle the feud with you. Hopefully you guys talk it out and settle your differences. So far im enjoying the server. Hope others do as well.  For me, other than a little ks left and right, i find it to be one of the best so far. :)

pRO Valhalla | Chexie - Biochemist | Chexi - High Priest | Blog | RO Blog | Art Thread | DeviantArt

Symbiote

Quote from: Chexie on Mar 31, 2009, 04:31 PMi think what this person is trying to say is that the problem should be resolved internally, and they (eRO staff should try and fix the problems) or settle the feud with you. Hopefully you guys talk it out and settle your differences. So far im enjoying the server. Hope others do as well.  For me, other than a little ks left and right, i find it to be one of the best so far. :)

I don't know how you got that from "I rather have the ERO Staff work on it or apologize than.. well, do this what they do =/." So. I'd rather hear a better explained answer out of the person that made the comment.

There are no differences to settle, though. EssenceRO staff is incompetent and corrupt, which is more than enough to make a "good" server bad. ;p Unfortunately, that's not going to change. Fortunately, however, there are at least a few people that care about how a server is ran.

HiddenDragon

Quote from: Symbiote on Mar 31, 2009, 03:00 PM
I knew that I would be banned, but I didn't know for a fact that you guys would actually be moronic enough to remove a working guide that fixed a problem you were apparently "too good" to fix. And now that I supplied my guide, you've magically found "more information?" You thought it was a Service Pack issue. After I posted up my guide, you followed it, and found "more" information as a result of my effort. Though, my guide is still most useful. You're welcome.

I didn't 'just' think it was a service pack issue. I stated it could have been gravity's new anti-hack protection HackShield, it could have been just not being updated or the server GRF, to which I uploaded my own from my unaffected computer, which proved not to solve the problem. The latter indicated that it was NOT related to essenceRO and thus, out of the realm of our GM team. Nowhere in my posts did I claim to have found the cause.

Quote from: Symbiote on Mar 31, 2009, 03:00 PM
If you truly want to be literal, speaking out about anything, anywhere, is "causing drama." So, nobody should do it? Come on, buddy. Surely you're smarter than that.

Correct, it isn't necessary. Who's gonna care when EssenceRO is dead in x years, or Ragnarok Online itself is dead in x more years? Have a look in Soap Opera and tell me how many of those actually matter. Drama has only one purpose, and that's to persuade the opinions of another person (the "crowd"). However this does not reflect what RMS is for. Rudolph said it best in the first page - what you make of it is entirely for you (and I add, for you alone). Your chance to speak out comes in the form of making reviews, so make one.

Quote from: Symbiote on Mar 31, 2009, 03:00 PMLet me ask you this, Hidden. Does it truly matter when it occurred? October 08 was not that long ago. Hell, EssenceRO hasn't even been around for that long. A year and a half? Holy s***, you guys are relics. Please, spare me the shenanigans. If the "average player" does not care about things that should be included in reviews, they will not read reviews. Those people are morons, but thankfully, since they don't care, they won't read me saying that!

Of course it matters when it occurred. If you have that much time to pursue your 'quest' then perhaps you should rethink your life priorities.

Yes people will read reviews; as I said they will be their own experiences however.

Quote from: Symbiote on Mar 31, 2009, 03:00 PMExposing EssenceRO for the pile of s*** it is benefits me greatly. Satisfaction. The real question is; what do I gain by sitting by, letting everyone believe the lies that were force-fed to them? Now, the answer to that is truly "nothing." Of course I'm going to go with pursuing the truth, or reality, because that's simply the kind of person that I am. Why should I let you fools get away with lying, especially when it involves myself?

Yes why should you? You yourself admitted on page 2 that the lying itself was relatively trivial. If your ban was somewhat controversial, you gave more than enough justification via your actions in October.

Quote from: Symbiote on Mar 31, 2009, 03:00 PMIn any case, Tira was a lying b****, I knew it, of course we were going to have an argument in IRC if she were so persistent to keep lying. Not quite sure where you were trying to go, there, but regarding my apparent 'failed attempt to destroy the server,' you truly are more misinformed than I initially thought. Destroying the server was not my intent when I launched on Halloween, and I knew that it wouldn't do that. Had I wasted more time on EssenceRO prior to Halloween, you better believe I would've caused all of the damage that I wanted to cause to the server. But I still like to be rather secretive about the information/planning I had obtained prior to Halloween, so I won't dwell too much on that matter, for good reason, regardless that you are, not surprisingly, wrong, again.

If I happen to be wrong about your intentions in October...then what? I'll suddenly resign from my Admin position? Your actions speak for themselves.

Dauphine

To make it short, I, after scanning the posts, got the impression that Staff keeps denying like crazy what HiddenDragon says is going on, when the possibility is that she is speaking the truth.

Seeing that kind of attitude and reading the original post, and then some, made me decide things aren't looking as great as they can be. Unless the Staff decides they are working for the players and not for themselves (a hard thing to do, granted), I don't see much improvement coming from such a populair server =/

Sorry if I am being unclear, it's been a long long looong day.

Symbiote

Quote from: HiddenDragon on Mar 31, 2009, 04:35 PMI didn't 'just' think it was a service pack issue. I stated it could have been gravity's new anti-hack protection HackShield, it could have been just not being updated or the server GRF, to which I uploaded my own from my unaffected computer, which proved not to solve the problem. The latter indicated that it was NOT related to essenceRO and thus, out of the realm of our GM team. Nowhere in my posts did I claim to have found the cause.

http://forums.essencero.com/index.php?showtopic=20435&st=320&p=211241&#entry211241
http://forums.essencero.com/index.php?showtopic=20435&st=340&p=211252&#entry211252

And even after I diagnosed the actual problem, you continue to suggest people f*** around with their Service Pack:

http://forums.essencero.com/index.php?showtopic=20435&st=360&p=211341&#entry211341

The point is, you kept pressing for one solution even after people claimed that it was not the problem, and didn't do jack s*** to attempt to figure out what the real cause was. Throwing random suggestions and random possibilities into the mix isn't going to help anybody. Google is a wonderful tool. Not like you aren't the head developer over at Essence, or anything, right? However, the problem is confined to EssenceRO. I haven't seen a single other server complain about the issues, and if you'd like to correct me, please. Please link me to these other server's forums, with players complaining about the same exact problem in masses. I'll help them as well.

Quote from: HiddenDragon on Mar 31, 2009, 04:35 PMCorrect, it isn't necessary. Who's gonna care when EssenceRO is dead in x years, or Ragnarok Online itself is dead in x more years? Have a look in Soap Opera and tell me how many of those actually matter. Drama has only one purpose, and that's to persuade the opinions of another person (the "crowd"). However this does not reflect what RMS is for. Rudolph said it best in the first page - what you make of it is entirely for you (and I add, for you alone). Your chance to speak out comes in the form of making reviews, so make one.

So you're confirming that you think no one should speak out about anything, ever? I think you're just pulling s*** out of your a** since you know you, and the staff, are in the wrong. As one of the Administrators of EssenceRO, I'd assume that you should be one of those people that care how long EssenceRO lives. But that's alright, keep on supporting my points.

Rudolph is an alias of "Melchior," whom just so happens to be, gasp, an ex-Moderator for EssenceRO forums. God forbid a staff member/ex staff member say good things about the server they work(ed) for, and be full of complete s***. RateMyServer's review system is solely for short, half-assed reviews. The review section in their forums is for extended reviews, and anything/everything regarding the integrity of a server. I'm not out of bounds, no matter how much you wish that I were so that this all would go away.

Quote from: HiddenDragon on Mar 31, 2009, 04:35 PMOf course it matters when it occurred. If you have that much time to pursue your 'quest' then perhaps you should rethink your life priorities.

No, Hidden. It doesn't matter at all when something occurred, unless a few changes have occurred. Has the staff and its members had a complete overhaul? No. Has the staff shown great effort to change their ways? No, and you're a prime example, spouting off about s*** you have zero clue about, and continuing to lie in Tira's place.

Quote from: HiddenDragon on Mar 31, 2009, 04:35 PMYes why should you? You yourself admitted on page 2 that the lying itself was relatively trivial. If your ban was somewhat controversial, you gave more than enough justification via your actions in October.

I don't understand where you're trying to go with this. The lying itself was not worth it, is what I mentioned, not that it didn't matter that Tira was lying. It was simply that much worse that she was lying about something so god damn stupid, and extraordinarily moronic that she banned me for telling the truth about it. Halloween is irrelevant to why I was banned on your part. It was simply my way of taking a steaming s*** on liars. In other words, the majority of Essence Staff.

Quote from: HiddenDragon on Mar 31, 2009, 04:35 PMIf I happen to be wrong about your intentions in October...then what? I'll suddenly resign from my Admin position? Your actions speak for themselves.

Again, I'm not quite sure where you're attempting to go. Did I claim you'd resign from your Admin position if you were wrong, which, you are? No. That'd be silly. However, a better reason to resign from your Admin position is the apparent (faked-as-an-attempt-to-pass-my-comments-off-easier) lack of care that you have about the server.

Please, Vince! Don't take so long to respond, next time. You were typing up that response for, like, an hour. Which is pretty interesting, considering you're talking about me wasting my time. Honestly, if no one cares, as you claim, why are you "wasting" your time?

Quote from: Dauphine on Mar 31, 2009, 04:41 PM
To make it short, I, after scanning the posts, got the impression that Staff keeps denying like crazy what HiddenDragon says is going on, when the possibility is that she is speaking the truth.

Seeing that kind of attitude and reading the original post, and then some, made me decide things aren't looking as great as they can be. Unless the Staff decides they are working for the players and not for themselves (a hard thing to do, granted), I don't see much improvement coming from such a populair server =/

Sorry if I am being unclear, it's been a long long looong day.

It's okay, Dauphine. You're completely correct. EssenceRO isn't looking good at all.

(P.S. What the f***'s up with the censor words here? They're retarded as hell. Donkey in place of the other word for butt? Come on.)