Previous topic - Next topic

Patapon

Quote from: Chexmix on Mar 16, 2009, 11:42 AM
3rd jobs are still buggy though iirc

it's almost like they aren't 100% made on official servers yet or something

oh wait

this image copyright 2009 Patapon

Reyl

QuoteEssenceRO isn't a place for older and more modest players.

I've been playing Essence as a player for about a month... does this mean I'm not a mature person...?

I think it's unfortunate that you ended up with a bunch of bad apples, but I think it's a strong generalization to believe that the whole community is a trash-talking mass of immature twats. I'm not fond of the types that are like this, but at the same time, I haven't had much of a problem finding good, decent-minded people to surround myself with. I know this probably won't impact your opinion, but I don't want your bad impression to downplay the server for others when I honestly think you've just been looking in the wrong places.

Symbiote

It's really too bad that I never bothered finishing my huge review of EssenceRO, exposing all the dirty little secrets and pointing out just how horribly the server is ran. At first glance, the staff may seem professional, when they're around. But putting on a mask for the community doesn't do much for the reality of things.

It's a shame nobody else has taken my place and created a few-post-long review of Essence. But who could? The only other people with as much knowledge about the server as myself are still staff members, or close friends with Tira.

Simply put, however, EssenceRO isn't anything special. Their staff is the usual. Incompetent with a few perks, favoring and corruption included. Throwing developers from eAthena into the mix doesn't help much, in itself, beyond appeal for morons. If you don't want to deal with a dull, moronic community, and iffy staff members as well as blatant corrupt ones, you're best off looking elsewhere. I don't know of a single decent Ragnarok Online private server at the moment, though.

Hopefully, no one responds giving me reason to desire typing up such a long review. Surely it'd be someone from Essence, defending Essence, and anyone that would do that, looking at Essence's time line, can't really be worth anybody's time. Especially if they've heard the truth behind the lies.

[Šŷmβĭö†ė] - "There is nothing in this world to believe in."

Rudolph Zyaber

If you could have done all the things you claim to be able to do against Essence and reveal all the corruption etc.  you already would have done so long ago. 

Essence is fine the way it is.  You're only going to find more of the same on any other RO server you go to with regards of community and GM availability/maturity.  The majority of players and developers for private servers range from 13-30. 

I would welcome any and all evidence you have Symbiote to be put into a review but the only thing you would be able to dredge up is how bad Essence's security used to be because you yourself were the one who hacked it a few months ago(which amounted to practically nothing) and maybe the incident you got yourself banned for (non-stop harassment of the head-admin with 0 evidence is not how you bring light to corruption).

EssenceRO isn't special because no Private server is. It's what you make of it yourself that ends up being special. 

Bleh

Symbiote

Quote from: Rudolph Zyaber on Mar 22, 2009, 05:13 PMIf you could have done all the things you claim to be able to do against Essence and reveal all the corruption etc.  you already would have done so long ago.

I would welcome any and all evidence you have Symbiote to be put into a review but the only thing you would be able to dredge up is how bad Essence's security used to be because you yourself were the one who hacked it a few months ago(which amounted to practically nothing) and maybe the incident you got yourself banned for (non-stop harassment of the head-admin with 0 evidence is not how you bring light to corruption).

Really, now? I typed up simply a beginning introduction to my review for EssenceRO, and it was 2-3 RateMyServer forum posts long. Yes, I capped the post character limit 2-3 times well before even getting into my review and corruption revealing business. You're correct, I had unauthorized access to nearly all Administration areas of EssenceRO for 7-8 months, and not a single staff member noticed. You honestly believe that someone could have access to such vital information that long and not know anything about the real way Essence runs? You think that the only flaw I would notice from all that time was their lack of security? Please, buddy. Ramble your fantasy somewhere else.

My ban came around a month or so prior to Halloween, and the ban was for arguing with Tira and Okale in IRC about something that they had both lied about. Of course, they didn't know, at the time, that I had Administrative access, and had had it since March, so they thought they were free to lie away and nobody would know the difference. I mean, come on. Tira even went as far as to call me mentally insane simply because I pushed for her to admit the truth, yet, she continued lying right until the very end. The sad thing is, she'd probably even still lie about it. I swear the woman has some sort of chronic lying disorder. I know it's crucial to keep your server's image looking good, but lying about something so ridiculous, and especially lying and getting caught, definitely doesn't help a thing.

Put simply, without wasting my time getting into all the details, Tira is an unfit Administrator. A decent web designer, perhaps, but staff material for anything beyond web design? No way, jose. If she were to hand the server over to someone else, and Okale was to get the boot(along with all of the staff hired simply because of their close relation to Tira in some way, shape, or form), the server could begin to head in a decent direction.

Quote from: Rudolph Zyaber on Mar 22, 2009, 05:13 PMEssenceRO isn't special because no Private server is. It's what you make of it yourself that ends up being special.

A private server can be plenty special. It's simply unfortunate that no private servers exist at the moment that are truly worth playing. You find a server with a decent setup, bad staff, or great staff, and a bad setup. The puzzle never fits, and it's a damn shame.

lol now's the time to make that full review =3

Jinxess

Quote from: Symbiote on Mar 22, 2009, 07:03 PM
A private server can be plenty special. It's simply unfortunate that no private servers exist at the moment that are truly worth playing. You find a server with a decent setup, bad staff, or great staff, and a bad setup. The puzzle never fits, and it's a damn shame.

The puzzle does fit for some people. For those who the puzzle doesn't fit, they either live with it and continue to play or they don't continue to play.

Loki

Lying about what exactly? You're not giving much light to us drama whores on-lookers.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Patapon

Quote from: Symbiote on Mar 22, 2009, 07:03 PM
words

you haven't really told us what she was lying about yet

or have any evidence to prove she was lying

Symbiote

Quote from: Loki on Mar 23, 2009, 08:24 AM
Lying about what exactly? You're not giving much light to us drama whores on-lookers.

Basically, we were all hanging out in IRC before the arguments started. Some of us were browsing the ranking on the CeresCP control panel that Essence used at the time. I believe a member in IRC was talking about maxing a regular Novice, to 170. So I looked up how many other level 170 Novices there were. If memory serves me correctly, there were three. There may have been two, but I'm thinking three. Either way, two of them were characters of ex-GMs on their ex-GM accounts. Fenrir, a short-lived Enforcement GM, and Trick, another short-lived Enforcement GM. Since I just looked up their names in my account database from Halloween, I can provide their character names, though it likely doesn't have much use at this point. "TRlCK," and "Fenrir2." TRlCK was 170/10, and Fenrir2 was 170/1, which was proof that Fenrir2 had indeed made that character on his GM account. I could not prove that TRlCK's character was on his GM account without giving away that I had Administrative access.

However, in case you don't realize it, once an account has their GM Level set above a certain point, none of their characters appear on the CeresCP ranking system. When their GM Level is reduced again, their characters reappear. This meant that Tira did not delete the characters of ex-GMs, which was dumb enough in itself. Having noticed everything, I brought up in IRC why Tira hadn't removed their characters. Then it hit me to take it a step further, and see if Tira had even changed their passwords. Since I'd had access since March and it was then late September or November(I can't recall off-hand), I had various saves of the entire account database and had become familiar with quite a few passwords. Fact was that Tira hadn't just not changed Trick and Fenrir's passwords after de-GMing them, she hadn't changed any GM passwords that were since de-GM'd. The only GM that had their password changed when they were de-GM'd was Chisei, and that wasn't even done by Tira, it was done by the Head GM of the time, Sita.

Since most, if not all, of the ex-GMs had been demoted prior to the item/zeny wipe, post-wipe, all it meant was that ex-GMs could all reaccess their accounts and freely play their GM-command-leveled characters at any time. This alone was bad, however, pre-wipe, ex-GMs could have easily distributed items they had created or zeny that they had created to other players once their GM level had been lowered again. Tira insists that GMs did not have @item or @zeny, however, all GMs had items of some sort that they gained from some way or another, as everyone saw whenever the GMs were not hidden.

When I brought up the fact that their passwords hadn't been changed either, Tira got super-defensive, and insisted, acting as if she had zero doubt in herself, that she had changed their passwords and not given them access to their accounts once she demoted them. To verify, I logged into the CeresCP administration real-time to check if she had just changed their passwords, seeing as how I knew from my documented information that, up to the argument beginning in IRC, that their passwords were exactly the same as they were prior to their demotion. As the argument continued, I rechecked several moments later. What do you know? Tira had added simple asterisks(*) to the end of every ex-GM account's password, and continued to lie as if she had done that from the very beginning in IRC. Sadly, I couldn't, obviously, out and say that I had access to the administrative Control Panel, but I did insist that I had proof. Unfortunately, there wasn't much I could do with it if I didn't want to reveal my access and lose the access.

Since she was so keen on lying about such a simple thing, which she never backed down on in the least, even, as said, going as far as to call me mentally insane simply for arguing with her and trying to get her to admit the truth, rather than lie, I decided to see if she'd lie about some other facts I had on her. I brought up the fact that Okale (whom was intended to only be a Forum Moderator publicly, though, behind the scenes, hidden to the public, he was also an Enforcement GM named Renais, and an Administrator on the forums) had access to Tira's in-game and forum accounts. To my lack of surprise, both Tira and Okale started to deny that one. s*** for them, however, seeing as how I knew for a fact that Okale had accessed her account(s) on multiple occasions. Having been active in the Administration control panel for quite some time, I often noticed IPs alternating on Tira's "Last IP" table. One traced to California, which just so happens to be where Okale lives, and the other to Britain, where Tira lives. Doing a search for the California IP on the control panel brought up, gasp, Okale's accounts. He didn't have a level 99 GM account, so anything beyond his new-found level 80 Enforcement GM "Renais," he had to use Tira's account for, and had used it long before his alias "Renais" even came around. At the time of the argument, I had no proof, seeing as how I would've had to screenshot it, and it was something that I never thought Tira would bother lying about. Silly move in retrospect, after seeing what a chronic liar she'd turned into. But, you know the funny thing? On Halloween, when I logged into the Administrative control panel before commencing my enjoyment, guess whose IP was marked as "Last IP" on Tira's account? Okale's! Screenshotted and documented.

In any case, now that Tira and Okale were both lying about trivial things, absolutely refusing to admit the truth, and nearly all of IRC kissing their donkey with no doubt in their words, I also brought up the fact that Renais was Okale's alternate, which, staff members knew, but no one else was supposed to know. Of course, they could not deny it since more than those higher-up staff members were aware, and may not have been willing to enforce the lie. Which is why I also brought up the long-hidden fact that Tira and Gigawatt, an Enforcement GM, were dating and had been dating for quite some time. Again, they could not publicly deny it, as most, if not all, of the staff was aware.

Now, there may or may not have been more to our argument, but that is all I remember off-hand from that particular IRC argument which led to me getting banned from the game, forums, and IRC. When I was banned, I had been logged into the server, and I was sitting in Gonryun speaking with someone who had come along and ask me how I was doing. I told them something along the lines of "I'm annoyed, Okale and Tira are lying, and we're arguing in IRC." Within 5 seconds after responding to her question, "Your account has been blocked by a GM." Upon bringing this up in IRC, Tira claimed that she hadn't banned me, at first. After some more pushing, she said she hadn't even been in-game, and banned me from the control panel. Now, what's worng with that? Anyone that knows how Ragnarok Online servers run to a novice extent should be aware of the fact that setting an account to banned status on the Control Panel does not boot the player. They have to log off and attempt to log back in in order to receive an account block. However, if a GM blocks a person's account from in-game via command, it is immediate, and the player is shown the blocked dialog. Tira had lied, once again. Boy, she was on a roll.

So, seeing as how she was abusing her power over her inability to admit the truth, and had banned me from game for literally nothing, simply responding to a friend's question, the argument got heated and Okale decided to permaban me from IRC (do note, IRC has no rules beyond spamming rules and had never had rules beyond spamming rules). This led to a thread on the forums being created, in which a few trolls and otherwise asskissing morons thought that looking past the corruption at hand and rejoicing at the fact someone they didn't like was banned was a better choice. I was permabanned from the forums for responding to one of their insulting posts with an insulting post in return, yet, the provoker received no punishment.

Only a month or two later, on Halloween, would it come to light in Tira's pretty little head, that I did in fact have proof, and knew all along what a piece of s*** liar she was. Even past Halloween she finds it in herself to come up with lies to make the server look better in some way, shape, or form, however. For example, she continues to tell players that I still play her server, making it seem as if a person who claims to hate it "can't stay away from it, it's that good."

Do note, though, these are, by all means, not the only lies and s*** Tira has flung around from the beginning of EssenceRO's lifetime. These are what led me to be unjustly banned, and these in themselves should be more than enough to show, to those that aren't in denial, that misconduct is a factor in EssenceRO's "essence." There is a reason I didn't continue with my original review, which was already way too long, and that reason is that it would've taken too much time, and would produce the same result as anything less. Those who want to believe the truth, would believe the truth. Those that are gullible to authority, or are just that interested in fantasy over reality, would believe Essence staff.

Quote from: Patapon on Mar 23, 2009, 10:38 AMyou haven't really told us what she was lying about yet

or have any evidence to prove she was lying

Now that you've wasted a good chunk of my time typing this up, I hope you're a little more satisfied.

Chexmix

Wow, why are you guys insulting each other over your opinions of a server?

Symbiote want your own topic about this? cause i can always split it, besides it seems like you have a lot to say ^^;~

Symbiote

Quote from: JJJ on Mar 23, 2009, 06:35 PM
Symbiote want your own topic about this? cause i can always split it, besides it seems like you have a lot to say ^^;~

Thanks for the offer, but keep it here for now. I'm not looking to spend hours typing up posts regarding a server long overdue for closure.

Patapon

Quote from: Symbiote on Mar 23, 2009, 12:10 PM
words

you still have not proven to us that this actually is true

Symbiote

Quote from: Patapon on Mar 23, 2009, 07:38 PM
Quote from: Symbiote on Mar 23, 2009, 12:10 PMwords

you still have not proven to us that this actually is true

You're so predictable, buddy. Tossing away such a precise explanation so easily, and all. However, I won't bother proving it is true for you alone. I didn't begin posting here with the intent of wasting time, as stated multiple times. All of my documents from and relevant to EssenceRO, save for my account list, are on my old hard drive inside of my old computer, which is unhooked, fragmented to the core, and runs no faster than a 90-year-old in some sort of marathon.

I fail to see my incentive for lying, though. I mean, it isn't like I'm a server Administrator attempting to make sure my server doesn't look bad, or anything. It's not like I was banned yesterday, and this is the first time I've ever spoken of these things. It's not like Halloween on EssenceRO never occurred, and I never had Administrative access after all.

The logical decision, with a lack of cold hard evidence being presented, would be to read over my recollection, search for contradictions, and consider whom would gain more from lying. As for the fact that the IRC conversation ever occurred, that can be confirmed by anyone that was present that doesn't feel the need to lie, for whatever reason. Though, I do have logs of the IRC conversations as well, as far as I'm aware. I'd have to verify whenever I decide to poke around on my old computer again.
Posted on: Mar 23, 2009, 07:48 pm
Just an update on my string of mini-reviews.

I recently stumbled across a post in a thread on EssenceRO forums, [this one, to be exact], after [writing up a guide] to fix player's problems that the staff was completely oblivious of a way to fix. The following was posted by one of the Administrators that is obviously clueless, (Har is clueless as well), and I'd like to set the records straight.

[Direct Link for Reference]

Quote from: HiddenDragon (March 30, 2009, 10:18 PM - Post 211505)Har posted what I was going to but didn't have time to.

Folks, DO see this: >>> http://forums.essencero.com/index.php?showtopic=14344 <<<

The quick rundown goes like this:

1. Sita, a Head GM at the time requested help to fix her graphics card, to which a certain Symbiote responded

2. Symbiote coaxes her to install a VNC server on her computer (this allowed him to view her monitor and move her mouse and 'type' on her keyboard)

3. Using this VNC server, he fixed her graphics card.

4. Unknown to Sita, Symbiote made use of his access to Sita's computer to access a hidden Ceres Control Panel (hidden because it was replaced with a newer CP custom written by me). Confirmed via a statement from Sita and Web Server access logs.

5. Symbiote used a bot to run through all the accounts and logs all the passwords (visible in Ceres CP when accessed with a GM account). I confirmed this personally with webserver access logs.

6. Symbiote posts the all the passwords and usernames in a txt file inside a RAR and posts it on Tira's forum account (which happened to be the same password as her ingame).

7. Symbiote logged on ingame on various GM accounts and procedes to cause havoc.

In short:

Follow his guide at your OWN risk.

The reality is nothing of this sort. I've stated multiple times that I had unauthorized access to Administrative business for 7-8 months prior to Halloween, which was late February/early March. This was, as far as I'm aware, before "Sita" even joined EssenceRO, and it was damn well (100% fact) before she ever became a GM, let alone Head GM. Somehow the real story was morphed into some sort of "Symbiote can't do anything, he's untrustworthy and only gained access because of a GM lending him too much trust." The way the actual story goes was intended to be:

1) Sita needed help fixing an issue with her video card. We talked from time to time.

2) Sita allowed me to access her computer via RealVNC to assist her in fixing her problem.

3) I fixed her video card problems, and while she was away from her keyboard, found the "new" link to the "Old Control Panel" in her browsing history.

Now, this is significant because Hidden's half-assed new Control Panel, prettied up by Tira's web designing skills, did not have the Administrative options I needed to do the latest farm of the entire account/character database for Halloween. I had been saving weekly-to-monthly backups of the entire database, prior to ever accessing Sita's computer, prior to the "New Control Panel"'s implementation.

Put simply, the old Control Panel was removed from the public eye, and I needed to access it to get up-to-date information for my Halloween release. All that I gained from using RealVNC on Sita's computer was the URL to the Old Control Panel, which was CeresCP. No account information, no GM information, nothing. I had gained everything prior to Sita even becoming a GM.

My advice to you, Essence Staff, is stop your pitiful lying. It's getting rather old, especially if you have absolutely zero idea what you're talking about (Har, HiddenDragon, LeirBag, Popsi). But, nonetheless, this is just more proof of the staff's incompetence. Within five minutes after posting my thread up with my guide, it was removed (even though a couple responses from long-time players had said it worked), and my account was banned. Even after well over 10 responses claiming that the guide is legit, the guide has not been returned, and the staff has been deleting/perhaps even warning members of the forum that link to the guide in public.

It is rather sad that the person whom caused such damage to the server on Halloween was able to resolve the weeks-long issue in less than an hour or two, but the staff, even the development staff, seemed to be incapable of any fix whatsoever, and apparently made little to no effort to find a fix, blaming the problem on Service Pack 2, even after people claimed to have the same issues with Service Pack 3.

Now to find the source.