Esper "Ragnarok" Online

Started by FilthyCasual, Feb 24, 2020, 05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FilthyCasual

Hello fellow RMS users.

I am playing on Esper Online for a month by now and felt that by now I do have the knowledge to make a pretty in-depth review.

It is a PRE-RE server at episode 12, no 3rd classes and no new world areas available.
First of the servers rates are 10x/10x during the week and 20x/20x during the weekend.
Most equipment rates are 7x, there are a few customized ones to prevent too powerful 100% mvp drops.
Card rates are 25x Normal/10x Boss/5x MVP

Server availability I have to give a 10/10 I have never yet experienced an unscheduled downtime, and have felt lag for 30minutes on a single day while playing.

The server has a yet small, but very friendly community and an AMAZING GM/Developer Team.
The team behind the server is very engaged and open for suggestions catering to their playerbase, bugs/issues are mostly resolved within the day, the longest I have seen anything unresolved were 4days. They do strive to make a long term home for their playerbase.

The donation shop, is VERY balanced, there are only 7items in the shop which are not obtainable ingame, those are 4x elemental converters(infinite use)/fly wing(infinite use)/Butterfly wing(infinite use)/Box of Sunlight(infinite use). Also wings(purely cosmetic).

Most items are paid for in event tickets/eden badges, like battle manual/gym pass/field manuals etc.

The highlights for me so far are custom questlines which are being implemented bit by bit, so the content is evolving and it does not grow stale. Also the warper system is special.
You unlock warps by entering dungeons or traveling to the warpras in the different towns. If you have done that the warp will be unlocked for all characters on the entire account. So while there is a need for doing the access quests, you do not have to grind them for each and every character.

The server is protected by Gepard Shield and dual clienting is enabled. While we all know that dual clienting offers great benefits, here it means if you want to slave your priest along instead of joining a real party, you might have to do the dungeons quest for the slave as well.

Another highlight for me were Homunculus, while you can use custom ai's, the kills of the homunculi will not autoloot without player interference. If the Homunculus kills a monster entirely on its own, all the loot will drop, so there is no afk alchemist farming cards.

The customization on the server is definitely noticable without going too overboard. Items "sometimes" offer options, that is for armor/weapon/shield (not rings) which can be a small stat/flee/atk/hp/resistance bonus and a few more things,Items gain those options on using a magnifier on them, so you will not get options by buying from the npcs.
Farming your personal playstyles best in slot gear has never been so interesting before.
not all options are useful as you can see.

there are quite a few quests for custom headgears as well as custom instances. From what I heard a lot of new content is in development as well.

-edit- for available features

Resetter/Healer/Warpra/Custom eden quest system/feelresetter/Plagiarism npc/automated events/universal rental npc/jobchanger/double exp weekend/enriched ori/elu refine npc (from normal ori/elu)/ combined tool dealer/chef assistant/custom quests

//TLDR SUBJECTIVE
Overall it is a great server to be at, it feels good to improve the server as a community by suggestions and being integrated in the evolution of the server.
All which is needed are a few more players, give Esper Online a try, you won't be disappointed

Kaleidoscope

Thank you so much for this review! These mean the world to us as we are vigilantly striving to provide the community with an evolving experience that will only get better with time!  /kis