Rebirth RO in the eyes of a 26 year old newbie.

Started by Hodremlin, Feb 24, 2011, 12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hodremlin

Typically I would start myself off with the top of the list and with the most boring topic of all, and save the best for last. But I am in a rush here and want to get back to playing, so I'll just mention the most interesting topic that I want to mention because I've seen it vary from game to game that I've played in the past. Class Balance.

Snipers seem to be the strongest characters in the game, whenever I see them duel in prontera or morroc or whatever they can shoot really fast and really far away, some of them are even critical builds which can be devastating for a melee fighter. the balance seems to be out of whack at first when I have leveled up a character to 255. Also, the game becomes incredibly boring at this point because it seems like there's nothing to do,

Which brings me to my next topic, eventfulness. Quests don't really inspire me to do them and theres almost no "random encounter" with either an NPC or a monster to be seen. Since all you have to do is type @go prontera to go back to the main beggar city. My god the begging and pleading for handouts is rampant in this server, its quite frustrating to listen to these people. Even some of the people that are actually trying to make money are doing it wrong, like selling stone of sage for 800k instead of what its actually worth, 100k.  Still, the server does have its good points I guess.  ::)

like the time I met this one GM called Conspiracy, she tries so hard to please everyone, she talks to you by name if you address her and she treats you with respect even if you're a complete N00b to RO. But if you're a really cool guy like I am, she might take an interest in you and talk to you on a 1-to-1 basis.  She even said that she might buy me some credits. I really hope I can see her again, I am going to keep playing this server in hopes that I do.