Daredevil RO

Started by allstarskyway, Feb 18, 2013, 04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allstarskyway

I played this server for almost a month but I have to stop because I strongly felt it was a waste of time. For the most part I played and explored the realm of trans in the server and never had the chance to explore the third class side.

Stability [1/10] ~  Looking at the point of view of a trans player, stability is extremely poor. The GM will implement an item and next thing you know it will be edited or removed without any advanced notification. For example, in the donation list under ancient woe/pvp items you will see Staff of Destruction [1] for 20 points. Then he implemented a new set pvp/woe items for ancient (trans) and he included a Staff of Destruction [2] for 5 points. Players who lost their items through decision of a GM will not be compensated. For example if you quest hard for an item and later on someone complains, he will either change it or removed it and you will not be compensated. A donation head gear was available for trans classes to use and the other day, we can't equip them anymore. We did not get compensated. The decision made of whether to implement, change, or removed an item from the server is solely based on the decision of the GM himself, the server has only 1 GM. The GM does not carefully test how the item will work on the server before implementing it. The GM is not organized about how he handles things in the server. For example he will put Freya Crown in the donation list for 5 points when it is still available for 100 vote points in the vote shop which is very easy to obtain since you can get 60,000 vote points a day. Horrible.

Availability [5/10] ~ During my almost 1 month stay in DRO, I can say that I had quite some experience with not being able to connect with the server. It happens almost every 1-2 weeks. The helpers of the GM are very slow in responding. There is a helper in charge of giving newbie package and it takes 3-5 days before he approves it. Some players claim that they even never received their newbie package since.

Friendliness [2/10] ~ The people in the game always use the Announcer NPC to trash talk. Whenever pvp or woe action is high, I always see people trash talk in the announcement. I first hand experienced this trash talk. I was in the "Kalbo" guild and we lost in woe that time. The rival guild "Sentinel Family" all warped to Ayothaya (which is the [Kalbo] guild base) and started to trash talk us. Me and my guild members where just sitting there and speechless while the rival guild was trash talking to us. In pvp, if you enter in there you will be teamed and after they killed you they will start trash talking you such as "noob," "bobo," "tanga," and more. You get the idea.

Friendliness (Game-Masters) [4/10] ~ Before I left the server, I saw a thread in the forum saying that her friend got banned after saying "Sir Vince, may edit po dito." You see, the GM has no professionalism and takes things personally. As a player I find that kind of GM scary in a sense that you can be banned even if you did not do anything that was against the rules. You can be banned if the GM took the situation personally or if he sees it fit. A GM who bases his decision on his emotion has a poor sense of judgement and so you can be banned unjustly. Since DRO has 1 sole GM, he is the law and there is nothing you can do if he wants to ban you be it for personal or other reason.

Availability (Game-Masters) [1/10] ~  I never saw the GM in game during my stay.

Economy [3/10] ~ There is little to no economy in the world of trans. You will have everything you need and some are very easy to obtain. Some will buy quest gears for trans using donation points, and some that you will see selling could be owners or players that quested the item and wants to sell but that's about it. The only economy they have in 3rd jobs are buying and selling of armor sets for certain classes which you can obtain either by donating or playing for a long amount of time (because after you played for a long amount of time, you can unbound the armor set you got from the newbie package and once it is unbound, you can trade them with other players. Every hour of gameplay you get 1 unbound points and each piece of the armor set requires 50 unbound points, the armor set has 3 pieces. So it does take a long time).

Guild Competition [5/10] ~ In the world of trans there's only 2 main guilds fighting although they can take different emblems and names overtime, they are still composed of the same people. In the world of third jobs I can't say.

Website [6/10] ~ Website layout fits the server name and is different from the "standard" control panel type of private--ro-server-websites.

Balance [2/10] ~ balance in this server is poor. They claim that the gap between the donors and non donors are not that far. As a player who played this game for almost a month I can say that that statement is a big LIE. The gap between those who donate and don't donate is significant. You see, in Daredevil RO they have this feature called "edit." Players spell it as 3dit most of the time. This feature can be obtainable by paying a huge sum of money to the GM and making arrangements. 1 example of Edit player is a sorcerer who can easily kill a royal guard with magic even with prestige on. The edit player's magic will hurt the royal guard as if the skill prestige does not mean anything. And when you go to pvp, you will come across people who are edit. You will see some who kills anybody in 1-2 shots. You will see some who just don't seem to die at all. That is the power of edit and it can be obtained by paying a quite significant amount of money to the Game Master of the Daredevil RO. Someone in game told me that I have to pay five-thousand Philippine pesos to GM Vince and make an arrangement with him as to what kind of special "power" I want my character to have.

Overall I would rate this server 3/10.

Yoshino

The gap between donors and non-donors are indeed like heaven and earth.

I have been a player of this server way back 2010 the server accepted under-the-table negotiations for stat edits and edited items with either more slots, more damage or special effects such as life steal.