JellyRO- A Little Review.

Started by Soupa, Jan 14, 2017, 05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soupa

JellyRO 10x/10x/5x
http://www.jellyro.com/

Been a player for quite a few years, what I've seen so far...

Stability
:8            Availability:9
Random lag spikes from time to time, haven't notice anything to big, of course rarely there is also random disconnecting probably a Windows10 thing not so sure. Seems fixed since I haven't encountered it in a while. Server's up 24/7 of course when things are needed to be taken care of, usually back up 5-15 minutes after the announcement.

Friendliness
:7     Eventfulness:9
The server's community is okay some are usually there to help in the #main chat, while others may try to troll people looking for answers. There's been quite a handful of events these past months, guess it helps having them since the rewards are usually a costume. Also had an event where you would have to record yourself and a party completing the instances they chose, and you would be rewarded with a costume that fits the instances and Auros (the severs form of currency).

GM Friendliness:7     GM Availability:6     GM Helpfulness:7
Treat others the way you would want to be treated. If you show them respect they will give it back, they're times when they community might go too far so they retaliate back, fair enough. For the most of it there's only 2-4 of the same GMs or PRs usually in game looking to answer the questions the community might have. If they don't have the answer they usually direct the players to the wiki or their database, but quite frankly their wiki looks quite outdated.  They also have a discord channel but its also quite dead there, it gets lively from time to time. Some of the GMs, PRs, or Devs show they're online, but I believe most are afk, semi-afk. I mean the setting to change oneself from "Online" to "Idle" or "Do Not Disturb" is just at the bottom left side.

Economy:4     Guild Competition:5     Class Balance:6
Right now the economy of the game is in a really bad place. The zeny in the game is just circulating from player to player. They would need some form of sink and I mean a really great one if they look to fix that. I would say 5-6 players in the game are Monopolizing Mvp loots to sell.  Guild competitions is decent right now, its 3 guilds fighting it out. The size of each guild seems okay for the amount of players it has. Class balance seems to be a little low, I guess it's fair to say that since the server's main items are their super quest items(custom). Lots of neutral, and demi-human reduction that makes a Biochemist's Acid Demonstration and a Champions Asura strike tickle. Sniper's Sharp Shooting/Focused Arrow Strike is ridiculously strong. As far as I can see these skills or a few equipment looks like the heavy favorites that needs some type of change.