Blackout Ragnarok Online

Started by Blackout01, Nov 19, 2009, 08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukino

LOL GorthexTiger XD. Nice image by the way xD.

Goes to show you that the GM corruption/friendliness still didn't change much from before. See, even a new player doesn't like GM Anxiety as much, and his actions/attitude are pretty similar to what the starter of this thread stated.
Well, a new review will probably be posted anyways.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Zarsheiy

Quote from: Yukino on Mar 21, 2010, 04:41 PM

Goes to show you that the GM corruption/friendliness still didn't change much from before. See, even a new player doesn't like GM Anxiety as much, and his actions/attitude are pretty similar to what the starter of this thread stated.
a) There is no "forum chat room," and b) people who post about bans in the regular forums (which is against the rules, by the way) are just asking for a ban. There is a specific place on the forums to handle ban inquiries, called the Ticket System, and anything outside of that is a modable offense. If he's talking about IRC, asking for GMs or about bans is also a modable/bannable offense there as well. There is some leniency with new players on the forums, but if he got banned, chances are he spammed topics and/or posts after having been warned.

Temjin

Quote from: Zarsheiy on Mar 21, 2010, 05:15 PM
Quote from: Yukino on Mar 21, 2010, 04:41 PM

a) There is no "forum chat room," and b) people who post about bans in the regular forums (which is against the rules, by the way) are just asking for a ban. There is a specific place on the forums to handle ban inquiries, called the Ticket System, and anything outside of that is a modable offense. If he's talking about IRC, asking for GMs or about bans is also a modable/bannable offense there as well. There is some leniency with new players on the forums, but if he got banned, chances are he spammed topics and/or posts after having been warned.

Hi, you left your pom-poms in the hall. Please don't forget them, you've got to perform at the big Homecoming Game later tonight and by golly, those boys need you!

Zarsheiy

Quote from: Temjin on Mar 21, 2010, 07:17 PM
Hi, you left your pom-poms in the hall. Please don't forget them, you've got to perform at the big Homecoming Game later tonight and by golly, those boys need you!

I would apologize if my response wasn't objective, but it is objective. I am merely explaining the rules process that BlackoutRO observes. If you view that as cheerleading, then any list of rules displayed on any server or explained by any server member must be grandstanding. I don't quite understand your hostility, and would appreciate it if you explained why you (apparently) believe I deserve it. Thanks.

Temjin

Quote from: Zarsheiy on Mar 21, 2010, 08:03 PM
I would apologize if my response wasn't objective, but it is objective. I am merely explaining the rules process that BlackoutRO observes. If you view that as cheerleading, then any list of rules displayed on any server or explained by any server member must be grandstanding. I don't quite understand your hostility, and would appreciate it if you explained why you (apparently) believe I deserve it. Thanks.

Wow, I'm impressed. You nailed the cheerleading reference faster than most. Kudos.

There's no hostility. Just simply pointing something out. There are things being posted about the server that you're practically bending over backwards to negate things that are pointing to the same source: You've got a bunch of jerks and even a new player is pointing out things the OP has stated(though most of the OP's statements seem more like a massive case of butthurt).

Also, I just wanted to let you know that your pom-poms were left outside of class. :( I'd hate for the Varsity Football Team to lose the big game, you know. I've got money on it.

Yukino

At Zarsheiy: Pretty harsh rules there... but I guess I can't say anything more about the rules. However, couldn't the GM just redirect the person to the specific place about bans instead of banning the person right off? I don't think his comment was that bad anyways for a direct ban. Maybe we have to ask the person, but it seems like he didn't get warned at all. I'll wait for a reply on this?
I agree with most of Temjin's second post.

pr3zs

lol @ zarsheiy ...

im just asking in the irc channel and i wasn't spamming or got warned lolz..
i was asking that gm anxiety( irresponsible) if he realizes that i am waiting for him.
i dont know who just banned my ip  in that blackoutro server. i just installed that server for nothing lolz i havent even logged in lolz .. but anyways nice attitude @ anxiety lolz.. he looks like a kiddo or something .

Yukino

There you have it XD. The victim/witness has typed.
Anyways, I just hope BlackOutRO will have things resolved soon.

pr3zs

they cannot solve it. lolz

Turok

Quote from: Temjin on Mar 20, 2010, 12:25 PM
Reading this thread, I'm pretty confident that I would actually put money up as a bet that Turok probably got his teeth kicked in while in PvP, is angry about it, and like 90% of other RO players, is blaming the server instead of his own shortcomings.
Actually bad assumption my friend... rofl tell the truth my basically noob HP did some good donkey kicking lol but still the server fails for the FACT the GM's here just dont seem to be good GM's... and when it comes to GMing i do happen to know how GM's should treat a player I also know just how a GM can get bombarded at times, but this just wasnt the case here sadly...
Posted on: Mar 22, 2010, 04:40 am
Quote from: Yukino on Mar 21, 2010, 10:42 PM
At Zarsheiy: Pretty harsh rules there... but I guess I can't say anything more about the rules. However, couldn't the GM just redirect the person to the specific place about bans instead of banning the person right off? I don't think his comment was that bad anyways for a direct ban. Maybe we have to ask the person, but it seems like he didn't get warned at all. I'll wait for a reply on this?
I agree with most of Temjin's second post.
Right on Yukino (This is the PROPER ATTTITUDE that any GM should have...)

Zarsheiy

Quote from: Temjin on Mar 21, 2010, 09:25 PM
Wow, I'm impressed. You nailed the cheerleading reference faster than most. Kudos.

There's no hostility. Just simply pointing something out. There are things being posted about the server that you're practically bending over backwards to negate things that are pointing to the same source: You've got a bunch of jerks and even a new player is pointing out things the OP has stated(though most of the OP's statements seem more like a massive case of butthurt).

Also, I just wanted to let you know that your pom-poms were left outside of class. :( I'd hate for the Varsity Football Team to lose the big game, you know. I've got money on it.

It's not so much "bending over backwards" to defend the server than bending over backwards trying to get Turok to post proof of what he's been saying this entire time. If he's not going to offer it or doesn't even have it in the first place, then I don't see why people are giving him credit for his comments.

If there's corruption on a server I play, I want to know about it so I don't fall prey to or continue to support it. But if there isn't, and somebody's just blowing smoke, why should that be an occasion for concern about the server? I don't want to be misled by the server staff or the people with a vendetta against the server, especially when nobody's offering any proof either way.

Say what you want about Blackout (and I have to say once again that just because I defend the server doesn't mean I agree with everything it stands for), but if he's posting to incite others against any server without offering proof as to why such hatred is deserved, then why is he still getting credit from users (not necessarily you, mind) and evoking responses from them?

Then again, if he's been muted, there's really no point in me continuing to ask him from proof--I doubt I'll get any before all this eventually dies down. :/

Edit:
You know what, just forget it. I can see by my karma that supporting a server and trying to get to the truth of the matter while avoiding contributing to drama is frowned on here, and I'd rather not be part of a community that can't appreciate people who do support something they love (I'm sorry, I mean "cheerlead").

Temjin

Quote from: Zarsheiy on Mar 22, 2010, 03:18 PM
Edit:
You know what, just forget it. I can see by my karma that supporting a server and trying to get to the truth of the matter while avoiding contributing to drama is frowned on here, and I'd rather not be part of a community that can't appreciate people who do support something they love (I'm sorry, I mean "cheerlead").

Theeeere you go. It'll be okay.

Welcome to RMS.

Zarsheiy

Quote from: Temjin on Mar 22, 2010, 04:34 PM
Theeeere you go. It'll be okay.

Welcome to RMS.

Can we just drop the moral superiority complex? I was only reacting to what you posted earlier that, once again, I in no way deserved. And then you continued to belittle me. You also might want to be careful with your insults next time, too, as those cheerleader quips could be construed as borderline sexist.

It really disgusts me to see people preemptively judging me just because they don't like the server I'm posting about. I've already stated before on RMS that I really have no problem with somebody expressing a negative opinion, but doing so in an accusatory manner without anything to back it up is something else entirely. I would say that about any other server I have or haven't played. I spent an entire topic trying to help Turok solve his bRO issue and find out if the corruption he was speaking about had anything solid to it (http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/rant-and-rave/blackoutro/0/). Then I come back to RMS later to see if anything else had been offered, and I see him bumping up months-, even a years-old topic that doesn't even apply to bRO anymore after the corruption purges and updates.

He tells people that bRO has Ahuras floating around as donation items, and people believe him without any proof being offered, saying, "Oh, well, that's just how bRO is." Isn't RMS the capital of the "proof or gtfo" nation? And then when I offer proof of no Ahuras being anywhere near the donation list (http://img97.imageshack.us/g/donations4.png/), I still get both the whole "Oh, well, it's still corrupt, I heard it from a friend so I would know" spiel and then Turok replying with the exact same thing--"What happened was something a friend told me about"--in addition to not even having done research about the server beforehand; the individual who kicked him from IRC is a forum/IRC mod, not a GM, and he was well within his rights to kick somebody (as detailed in the link in the previous paragraph).

Then when pr3zs posted, I explained the rules in place (which, by the way, are right in front of you whenever you open the Blackout client, log onto the forums, and enter IRC through Mibbit or an m/IRC client) which led to his ban from IRC (which is in no way permanent, the ban logs are cleared regularly--he could have very easily returned the next day if he had put any effort into his case). Then I get called a "cheerleader." Is it that difficult to understand why I'd be a little testy? If I can't help solve issues that may or may not be related to server corruption, or let people know why such-and-such thing has happened when they raise the issue, why should I even post?

I'm not going to demand an apology, because I'm not a child. But I still stand by my responses in these and other threads, and I would assume that I would at least be recognized for my attempts to help instead of "Oh god, she plays a terrible server!"

And it seems that Turok got what was coming to him anyway, so I don't especially care one way or the other.

pr3zs

well i am still banned in that server even though i didnt do anything wrong lolz.but its ok :)
i understand making mistake is not the reason to be banned lolz .. and thanks for me for downloadng your server which is blackoutro for nothing. i just wasted my time lolz.. anyways .. :)

Tom~

I had that problem before. You must patch/re-download, + you need kRO and Rag_RE.
It doesn't mean that you're banned.

Now, if you play on a... how do you guys call it? "Computer shop"? Maybe someone from there got banned before.

Either way, it's not the GM's fault.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.