LuminaRO

Started by Satori, Feb 10, 2010, 01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satori

There is only a few servers that made me stay for more than a few days, one of them doesn't exist anymore and the others literally died. But a few months ago I found a server that I really had liked when I logged in and wandered around. It's name is LuminaRO. The population is average, around 350 people consisting of skilled players and also newbies. But they're overall all friendly, which makes Lumina a really nice place to stay.

Also I'd say LuminaRO is quite eventful, there are automated events every hour - Hangman, Find The Prize, Greenpeace Event, Stop The Clock, Prontera Invasion, and the rewards are Poring Coins, which can be traded in the Event Token shop for items that aren't obtainable any other way. From time to time, I'd say like 5 times a week, there are events hosted by a GM and during special seasons like Xmas and Valentine, there are unique quests and events.

WoE isn't very competitive though, not many people WoE, like 3 big guilds. But hopefully this will change when Lumina gets bigger population. Currently there is WoE three times a week, FE on Friday [two Geffen castles] and on Saturday [two Prontera castles] and SE on Sunday [one Rachel castle].

The activity of Game Masters is very high, there is at least one everyday online to help people and answer requests.

This server has a custom main town called Gaia, which has most of important NPCs, like a Refiner, Resetter, Job Changer, Decarder, Identifier NPC, PvP Arena Warper, DB Arena Warper, Stylist, Tool Dealer, Auto commands NPC, NPCs to make quest headgears and a few more that I probably forgot.

Custom Mining system is implemented, which is used to make 3 types of lower headgears giving stats - collect stones and bring them to a Fusor NPC. There are 3 levels of fusions - Normal fusion, a lower headgear that gives +1 to random stat, Extreme fusion, that gives +1 to all stats and Godlike fusion which gives +1 to all stats and 2% to damage. The higher the fusion is, the more different ores obtained by mining you need. Lumina also has slotted Sunglasses quest, but Jack Be Dandy from OBB is needed to make them, so definitely not everyone has them. Other useful middle headgears can be dropped by OGB, obtainable by voting from coins and Event Token shop for 250 Poring Coins.

I guess that's all, I really hope someone reads it, since it is so long. xD

Exxel

Gankz

Overall nice server. I enjoyed GMing there before I got my own project.

I agree with this review :3

adhelle

Thanks for the review! I agree with everything :)
WoE is getting more competitive now by the way. new people are coming ^_^

Triad09

Hi to all,
I wait more than 3 months to write this review 'cause if I write this early I can't had a good and complete idea of the situation.

First I must say which experience I have of RO: I played in some server, 2 notables: BlackoutRO and LuminaRO, also some smaller server.
I start like 7 years ago in a low rate server but don't remind the name, maybe PaperRO.

After BlackoutRO, high rate with unbalanced donation items, I think to stop play RO and look for another mmorpg, but I never play in a mid rate, so I gave a try to LuminaRO.

Why ?
I trusted the words "No unbalanced donations", so why not ?

First days are quite slow for me, 'cause I was used to an high rate, but in no much time my situation became a good one.
I never donate to a server before and I choose to try here and it's real: the system is very well balanced.

Selling some stuff coming from donations ( Enriched Eluniums in my case ) permit me to equip my char and have a very good game.
All can be found in game, not from donations.
There is a way to obtain all, no super powered item comes from donation.

I play with a friend and one time we had an accident: a bug used by another player take away 115 milions zeny from him, all his donations zeny but in 2 weeks of investigations Adhelle find all the proof needed and give him back the zeny.

This is fundamental: Adhelle investigate in the server if needed, her staff read the log, and this is rare in a RO server.

Also there was a "corruption troubles": a GM help his friends spawning mvp and mobs they needed and some MVP cards was around, well, the GM team ban this corrupted GM and his friends in a day, then they investigate to find ALL the cards and items coming from this case and delete all.

It was an awesome work who take me to think that this is the good server for me.

Many people is coming to LuminaRO because many players are saying how good it is: more than 500 players in less then