AriaRO

Started by Annihilate, Dec 06, 2009, 03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annihilate

Server's Stability
Stability - 5/10
Availability - 5/10

The server goes down every once in a while for some reason, which is unexplained by most of the GM team. Today, December 6, he admin decided to shut down the server for 1 whole day because the "whole" team is purportedly gonna work on bug fixes etc. What I do not understand though is the fact that they could just do all the coding and compiling and then have like a 5-10 minute server shutdown to apply the changes.

This made me scratch my head. Is there some really big exploit that the admin team overlooked, so big that they had to shut it down for 1 whole day?

Community
Friendliness - 9/10
Eventfulness - 6/10

The community is a bunch of very nice people. No complaints about that. I found a guild who invited me right away and most of the other guilds are really nice people. Amen to that.

I have only experienced 1 event and that was a PvP event which I thought was a crazy idea as most people are still new so PvP gear is hard to come by. Whats crazier is that skills were disabled during that event,so, good luck wizzies.

Game Masters
Friendliness - 10/10
Availability - 10/10
Helpfulness - 1/10 ( and yes, it IS a 1)

Here is what happened:

1. As soon as I came to the server there were like 4 GMs in Prontera, playing about. They're very friendly and all, but are very clueless about RO mechanics and quite unprofessional.

I asked them: Is rachel sanc here fully paid?

GM 1: "I dont know."
GM 2: "Yeah I think so."
GM 3: *Too busy playing with his disguise.*
GM 4: "Wait for GM 5."
Me: "Oh, so none of you four knows, great."

GM Team goes back to frolicking all over the place.

2. Another crazy GM wore a Drooping Hat (I forgot what that was) which happens to be NOT in the sprite DB of Aria clients which made a bajillion people crash. Crazy.

Gameplay
Economy - 2/10
Guild Competition - 7/10
Class Balance - 7/10

No one is vending anything substantial as the server is very new. I expected that.

Guild Competition isnt really a big thing atm because most of the guilds are still gearing up and woe is not on yet.

Class Balance: Donates have very small boosts so they arent game-breaking. Drop rate is just fine.

Sidenote: The only thing that I see which is good about this server is that there are so many people playing it, but if the the GM team wont straighten up and do their jobs professionally, this server will just be another one of those that are thrown out of the window.

mickiedeez

Just my response to some of the things said.

Quote from: Annihilate on Dec 06, 2009, 03:09 AM

Server's Stability
Stability - 5/10
Availability - 5/10

The server goes down every once in a while for some reason, which is unexplained by most of the GM team. Today, December 6, he admin decided to shut down the server for 1 whole day because the "whole" team is purportedly gonna work on bug fixes etc. What I do not understand though is the fact that they could just do all the coding and compiling and then have like a 5-10 minute server shutdown to apply the changes.

This made me scratch my head. Is there some really big exploit that the admin team overlooked, so big that they had to shut it down for 1 whole day?
It usually goes down 1 hour every other night(<-USA time) for maintenance. Server host is in USA, perhaps your location is the cause for the 5/10 stability, as I do not experience very much lag at all. The Sunday maintenance was announced early in the week, and since Che, kemui, and Bonedaddy seem to have the day off, I think theyre devoting the day to going through and finding all the bugs, taking all suggestions in to consideration, and scripting.  Kemui said what he had been scripting through out the week, we would love.  The forum is changing as well I believe. If this all day maintenance fixes many of the problems, and implements new thigns we would love, then I welcome it with open arms.

Community
Friendliness - 9/10
Eventfulness - 6/10

The community is a bunch of very nice people. No complaints about that. I found a guild who invited me right away and most of the other guilds are really nice people. Amen to that.

I have only experienced 1 event and that was a PvP event which I thought was a crazy idea as most people are still new so PvP gear is hard to come by. Whats crazier is that skills were disabled during that event,so, good luck wizzies.

I agree, the pvp event was a crazy idea. What is worse is due to GvG being toggled on, my guild could not kill each other. Somehow they corrected this, but I had already left back to prontera.

Game Masters
Friendliness - 10/10
Availability - 10/10
Helpfulness - 1/10 ( and yes, it IS a 1)

Here is what happened:

1. As soon as I came to the server there were like 4 GMs in Prontera, playing about. They're very friendly and all, but are very clueless about RO mechanics and quite unprofessional.

I asked them: Is rachel sanc here fully paid?

GM 1: "I dont know."
GM 2: "Yeah I think so."
GM 3: *Too busy playing with his disguise.*
GM 4: "Wait for GM 5."
Me: "Oh, so none of you four knows, great."

GM Team goes back to frolicking all over the place.

I agree some of the GM team could could be a bit more professional. Che and kemui seem to be pretty pro however.

2. Another crazy GM wore a Drooping Hat (I forgot what that was) which happens to be NOT in the sprite DB of Aria clients which made a bajillion people crash. Crazy.

That is due to the updated .grf not included in the lite installer, and I assume it is on the list for today's fixes. There are, however, threads on the forums addressing the issue, including a .grf to download and paste over the old one in your Aria folder.

Gameplay
Economy - 2/10 Personally, I think the economy is very good. There were thrirty something vendors last night, selling alot of different stuff, and I found a few cards i had been farming but was unable to obtain, and bought them.  Reasonable prices in my opinion as well, but to each their own i suppose.
Guild Competition - 7/10
Class Balance - 7/10

No one is vending anything substantial as the server is very new. I expected that. I find wools, tidals, pvp/woe cards, MVP drops, and various 

Guild Competition isnt really a big thing atm because most of the guilds are still gearing up and woe is not on yet.

Class Balance: Donates have very small boosts so they arent game-breaking. Drop rate is just fine. I wouldn't be caught dead in WoE with any of those donates, but for PvM and PvP they're alright.

Sidenote: The only thing that I see which is good about this server is that there are so many people playing it, but if the the GM team wont straighten up and do their jobs professionally, this server will just be another one of those that are thrown out of the window. I disagree on that being the only good thing, btu i do agree on the GM team.  The unprofessional behavior should be adressed, be for it escalates to abuse, arrogance, corruption, or another characteristic of many of 'those' servers.
Quote from: Temjin on Feb 16, 2010, 12:07 PM
You are a f*** idiot. Why you even bother to post here, I will never know. It is BEYOND ME.

Annihilate

server went down again today 

Rapist

Yes.Just logged in and saw server down

Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it

mickiedeez

I think someone is still trying to hack us, I know in the first few days server crashed because of attempted hackings
You are a f*** idiot. Why you even bother to post here, I will never know. It is BEYOND ME.

Zone

Obviously, you pissed someone off or annoyed someone to the point where they wanted to hack your server.

mickiedeez

personally if it is hackers I think it's maybe competition. We had 105 legit individuals playing within first 15 minutes of opening, many leaving from other servers, and we'd be advertising for like 2-3weeks beforehand.

Zone

competition, no.
People have allegedly had 150+ players within the first 5 minutes of opening the server.
I still say that's bs, and no one that I saw on the server talked, just sat, walked around in circles, or I couldn't find.
Either way, they were attacked (I believe they were) sometime after they were up.
However, I'm pretty sure it's because they pissed someone off if they were.
You should contact your host if you think you are being hacked.

Annihilate

well just an honest observation:

there has been so much hype way before aria's opening and its quite unfortunate that the server, after that long period of advertising, still had so many bugs and is not secure against DDoS atks.

Zone

DDoS mitigation isn't cheap.
And I am sure a person using a private server will want to pay the monthly fee for that service unless it comes directly from donations.

Shinn

Hello,

That is all,
Cheers.

cause after all the drama, I still slain em.

Need a site done? contact me.

Annihilate

and just now GM Aeromas scripted a very buggy warper. Instead of reverting to the old warpers, he took warpers out altogether, effectively putting the server on a standstill.

GM's talks funny, as I quote: "Cant do anything bout your nigguh"

Legacy's GuildMaster Impulse was allegedly perma-banned by GM Apoc for saying "You are the worst GM ever". Although disrespectful, it is alarming to know that even low-level GM's have the @ban command. The funny thing is, GM Aeromas asked Impulse to raise his complaint in the forums,but he got forum-banned too. Wow.

Well, its funny as I was just there, with My AFKchemist and saw all the drama unfold. Its very entertaining.

Tom~

Quote from: Annihilate on Dec 09, 2009, 04:44 PM
Legacy's GuildMaster Impulse was allegedly perma-banned by GM Apoc for saying "You are the worst GM ever". Although disrespectful, it is alarming to know that even low-level GM's have the @ban command. The funny thing is, GM Aeromas asked Impulse to raise his complaint in the forums,but he got forum-banned too. Wow.

He got banned because he threatened Apocalyptica.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Annihilate

Quote from: Tom~ on Dec 09, 2009, 04:54 PM
Quote from: Annihilate on Dec 09, 2009, 04:44 PM

He got banned because he threatened Apocalyptica.

whats interesting though is,who actually banned him?

Kurisu

He was completely disrespectful towards Che when the day-long maintenance started.

His guild was hunting an MvP, knowing there was a time constraint (I warned everyone 2 hours beforehand, and quite a few times after that), and got upset because Che didn't hold off the maintenance when they asked. Started to insult Che over vent (Even called Che corrupt and power-hungry?). I informed Che about this while it was happening, and I was asked to remove his posting rights from the forums. He kept making accounts in the forums, attempting to dodge his forum ban, and it got to where he started to insult me, for whatever reason, I don't know.

And I was eventually informed that he threatened to abuse a glitch if @refresh wasn't put back in.

He wasn't banned just for saying I'm "the worst GM ever", and I even talked to Che before I took any action.