AriaRO

Started by Annihilate, Dec 06, 2009, 03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowfax

I joined recently and it is actually a good server.

There are a couple of trolls, most coming from that guild in which that "player" was banned. I don't really know much about the situation or the people involved, but I think the GMs decisions are for the best. It's fun when trolls QQ after having some of their own medicine back at them. It's just no good drama, really.

This is a fun server with friendly people, so I suggest it. :D

Tom~

Quote from: mickiedeez on Dec 09, 2009, 05:26 PM
Quote from: Tom~ on Dec 09, 2009, 04:54 PM
He got banned because he threatened Apocalyptica.
No one threatened or accused Che of being corrupt or power hungry.
Hm.

I have been told this by more than one person.
Yeah, maybe he got banned right after calling Caly bad GM. Buuut, thats not the first thing he does, as Caly already said.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

.::Eni::.

alright i was going to stay out of this, since i really don't like all the drama.. but this is starting to get annoying.

First of all a little correction:

QuoteAnnihilate:
Legacy's GuildMaster Impulse was allegedly perma-banned by GM Apoc for saying "You are the worst GM ever".

The person who got banned was Excessive, not Impulse. They're both our GL, however Impulse has the ingame title.
Again.. the person who was really banned, even though we call it our GL, was excessive. Don't confuse things.

QuoteTom~
He got banned because he threatened Apocalyptica.

He didn't threatened anyone. If the GM is to sensible that it can't take any critics then she shouldn't be a GM in the first place. He did a comment on how bad a gm she was and she should "lighten up" (not on those words..) and he got banned for it.

QuoteKurisu
He was completely disrespectful towards Che when the day-long maintenance started.

His guild was hunting an MvP, knowing there was a time constraint (I warned everyone 2 hours beforehand, and quite a few times after that), and got upset because Che didn't hold off the maintenance when they asked. Started to insult Che over vent (Even called Che corrupt and power-hungry?). I informed Che about this while it was happening, and I was asked to remove his posting rights from the forums. He kept making accounts in the forums, attempting to dodge his forum ban, and it got to where he started to insult me, for whatever reason, I don't know.

And I was eventually informed that he threatened to abuse a glitch if @refresh wasn't put back in.

He wasn't banned just for saying I'm "the worst GM ever", and I even talked to Che before I took any action.

If he was disrespectful towards Che how come she wasn't the one banning him? If they really said anything bad to her over vent, she should be the one taking actions, since she is higher then you are. However you were the one who "took action". Why? Could it be that the things that were said on vent were not that offensive anyway, and the only offensive he actually did was towards you?

About the vent thing, yes everyone was upset but that doesn't mean they threatened anyone. What would they do? Enter the computer and pursue you with an axe? Gimme a break. And about the glitch thing.. learn your facts better hun, or be careful with your sources. He was actually trying to warn you guys about that glitch.

The thing is.. GMs are not supposed to abuse power like that. If you're to ban someone at least ban it because he hacked the server, not because you're a kid who let's the power go to your head. All i see from you is a GM who doesn't give a dam about player's questions, unprofessional and who shouldn't even be a GM anyway. Grow up, learn how to deal with people and then come back. Even if what you said was true, which isn't, banning a person just because of that? seriously? what happened to the fair server? A person is allowed to speak their mind, and has the right to be notified if they're getting banned or not.

As for all the drama, enough is enough. Gms said they were going to talk this through and give a decision.

Silverbaine

Rules must be enforced regardless what people think, be disrespectful t a gm expect to get punished, if you dont like that, then learn how to be respectful, dont go acting like some punk brat who doest get his way, run crying tossing temper tantrums saying you gonna run away... wow immaturity to the fullest?

so what server didnt stay open just so you could finish your mvp kill... we all was given same amount of warning time, because someone did not take proper preparations, does not give them the exscuse or privilige to disrespect gms,(not saying gms are always right just because they are a gm as they are people too, but its been recognized by who needs to recognize it i am sure) now how bout we stop all this drama, and let the gms do their jobs? any complaints i am sure has now been noted by the proper authorities, so let it be and stop the flaming? no need to call each other trolls or whatnot, as we all people,

"CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?"

ps legacy if you feel the need to quit becuase your leader got banned for breaching rules... well that is kinda... weak... no offense but i am sure you could survive....
Xarale ~ As others have said, I do believe this topic is done now.  Therfore I shall be closing it, because I'm sexy.

Green

I've lost count of how many different versions of the story are in this thread.

orix1357

mickie, you perfectly know that you can't pass over the Diablos Sets you got from here to another server, right? I can't accept those reasons you got there coz in the end, when you get to another server, you'll be starting off as a 1/1 Novice all over again.
Has played in: aeRO, heRO, OracleRO, ReboundRO, AriaRO, IntenseRO, VastRO, LuminaRO, AerialRO, NyuubiRO and PumpkinRO.

Zone

Quote from: orix1357 on Dec 09, 2009, 11:00 PM
mickie, you perfectly know that you can't pass over the Diablos Sets you got from here to another server, right? I can't accept those reasons you got there coz in the end, when you get to another server, you'll be starting off as a 1/1 Novice all over again.
Duh, I think anyone who understands what private servers are would know that.
I'm pretty damn sure he knows he isn't going to keep any items from this server.

Final

Ok listen up, This is the last time it will be said.  If you don't like it leave, alright?  Not a single one of us besides you guys care.  Flame me all you want, We all know you are just a bunch of immature little kids. (Btw by flaming me, you just prove my point /gg)

This will end here.  If you have a problem, take it, write it down, and then burn that piece of paper.  That's what we all think of your problem.  I don't just speak for myself, I speak for a majority of players who are tired of this s*** you guys are causing.  People get banned all the time.  It's called, get used to it.  The server is not meant to be run by people who think they can just insult someone and then not suffer some sort of punishment.  Now I bet had you not made this into such a big problem, it would have just been a small temporary ban.  But no, You fought and fought and fought about it.  Look where it gets you.  Now please, Either leave our server or stay and play and have fun.  Why must you make it such a hassle for other players!

Now what is your decision guys? Stay and have fun with the rest of us, or leave?

- Final 

Ah, fun times on RMS~ http://www.paste-it.net/private/u6c168b/   (Added more~)
-- Signature too big again.  You were notified previously on the same issue.

- So? Stop b****.

GorthexTiger

Quote from: Final on Dec 10, 2009, 12:02 AM
Ok listen up, This is the last time it will be said.  If you don't like it leave, alright?  Not a single one of us besides you guys care.  Flame me all you want, We all know you are just a bunch of immature little kids. (Btw by flaming me, you just prove my point /gg)

This will end here.  If you have a problem, take it, write it down, and then burn that piece of paper.  That's what we all think of your problem.  I don't just speak for myself, I speak for a majority of players who are tired of this s*** you guys are causing.  People get banned all the time.  It's called, get used to it.  The server is not meant to be run by people who think they can just insult someone and then not suffer some sort of punishment.  Now I bet had you not made this into such a big problem, it would have just been a small temporary ban.  But no, You fought and fought and fought about it.  Look where it gets you.  Now please, Either leave our server or stay and play and have fun.  Why must you make it such a hassle for other players!

Now what is your decision guys? Stay and have fun with the rest of us, or leave?

- Final 

Way to try to back seat moderate! :P

I love derailed topics :P

I've heard at least 20 different stories: can someone keep some god damn transparency?

And great! 105 people within 15 minutes. Are you keeping and maintaining those numbers? From what I'm hearing, you're not.

And does anyone have any proof? My lulz-meter is quite low and I don't think I will be finding 'dem w/o it herez.
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

mickiedeez

QuoteI've heard at least 20 different stories: can someone keep some god damn transparency?

Before Sunday Ray(Legacy GL) and several others from legacy are banned from forums for cursing and not posting like kawaiitards(think Descent's non troll posts before he was a mod).

On Sunday, an announcement was made about maintenance occuring in one hour. Legacy was in the process of luring a Bio Sniper mvp to a ledge for bombing. 50-55 minutes latersaying server will be going down in 5 minutes, Legacy was bombing Sniper.  1-2m minutes later announcement says server is going down, Sniper is almost dead legacy PMs Gms asking for 1 more minute. They are told no and server goes down. They storm vent and call Che(admin) and Apocalyptica(event GM, thinks is co admin but isnt, is butt hurt easily) names. Che doesn't seem to care, Apoc QQs. legacy gets over it.

On Monday or tuesday, and msn convo between Ray(legacy leader) and Apoc.  Ray cusses out Apoc over msn. Apoc QQs moar.  Ray is explaining to Aeromas(Co-admin, developer) the folly in completely removing @refresh, and how client side edits can produce the same effect as abusing @refresh. "Someone informs" Apoc that Ray was threatening to exploit @refresh bugs. Apoc QQs some moar. Aeromas lulz(<--speculation 50/50 chance of being correct)

On tuesday night, on ventrilo the subject of Apoc is brought up. Ray proceeds to voice is opinion of her.  Apoc logs into vent just in time to here Ray ranting about her. Apoc contacts Che, presumably buttering up the story of how ray threatened the her and called her names. Che supposedly gives the okay to perma ban Ray.

On Wednesday(today), everybody realizes and Legacy is pist.  Nothing was said or done ingame to constitute a ban, no member of legacy ever threatened anyone anywhere, and the only incidents of directed disrespect occured on MSN, and on ventrilo Sunday night, and no rules to constitute a permanent ban were broken. The crap in this thread starts, Apoc(Kurisu) replies, claiming things were said when they weren't(the accusations against Che), accused Ray of threatening the server(Aeromas knows this is infact false, he was at the other end of Rays explaining of @refresh), and claimed his forum rights were removed due to his disrespect on ventrilo(he was actually banned for using a curse word on forums).

Later on Aeromas gets on and sorts it all out, he lifts the ban, deciding that what happens on forums stay on forums(i.e. curse in forums=ban on forums), what happens in game stays ingame(break in game rules, you're punished ingame), and what happens on smn stay on msn(I cuss you out on msn, too f*** bad).  He plans to change rules as well.

EDIT: As well on Wednesday multiple guilds felt WoE would be s*** if Legacy left, and agreed they would leave as well, and thus the server would have a significant less population.  Some legacy members said this, and it was taken as a threat to the server by misinterpreting morons. Multiple members of Legacy loled at this and then didn't care. The morons, however, are still QQing right now probably.

Then people start accusing legacy of DDoS, we get lol @ them all, since all we've wanted to do is go ingame and further prepare for WoE sine all this s*** started, and the DDoSing has been happening since 2hours into server life.

QuoteAnd great! 105 people within 15 minutes. Are you keeping and maintaining those numbers? From what I'm hearing, you're not.

Floated around there all day.  Was 60-90 through out the week. Peaked 129(with 14 vendors total) on Saturday before the Sunday maintenance. DDoSing has been more frequent but population seem to be hovering at 60-80ish(more if you count the vendors).

QuoteAnd does anyone have any proof? My lulz-meter is quite low and I don't think I will be finding 'dem w/o it herez.

No I suppose not, but since the ban was lifted all that really matters is Apocalyptica and her professionalism and ability as a GM, which we all(on Aria) know/feel is mediocre.

QuoteWay to try to back seat moderate!

+1

Anywho, I'll edit out the rest of my posts :x
Quote from: Temjin on Feb 16, 2010, 12:07 PM
You are a f*** idiot. Why you even bother to post here, I will never know. It is BEYOND ME.

GamePlay

Hm..Funny how I was there and like totally heard everything.  Interesting eh?  You guys need to learn your place.  And that's not at this server.  Voicing your opinion is fine, if and ONLY if you keep it clean.  In the end, The server isn't for you.  It's for the REAL admin to host and do with whatever they shall wish.  In the end, you no wait,  ALL of you, mean anything to the server and it's staff.  So get off your high horse and just leave already.  After all you kept threatening to saying something like, "If we leave this servers finished".  Think your so mighty with your guild?  Then prove it and leave and lets just see what happens then.  After all, If it's true, then I guess this server will close soon.  Btw, that little refresh command, was not alotted by Che.  Lil' Aeromas took it upon himself to do that.  The reason I know this is because I myself talk to Che.  I would assume her word is quite a bit more true than that useless GM team.

Now what are your comments to this?  Want to attack me?  Want to test your theory? (I'm really serious, I want to know what would happen if your guild left lol)

So?

mickiedeez

Quote from: GamePlay on Dec 10, 2009, 02:05 AM
Hm..Funny how I was there and like totally heard everything.  Interesting eh?  You guys need to learn your place.  And that's not at this server.  Voicing your opinion is fine, if and ONLY if you keep it clean.  In the end, The server isn't for you.  It's for the REAL admin to host and do with whatever they shall wish.  In the end, you no wait,  ALL of you, mean anything to the server and it's staff.  So get off your high horse and just leave already.  After all you kept threatening to saying something like, "If we leave this servers finished".  Think your so mighty with your guild?  Then prove it and leave and lets just see what happens then.  After all, If it's true, then I guess this server will close soon.  Btw, that little refresh command, was not alotted by Che.  Lil' Aeromas took it upon himself to do that.  The reason I know this is because I myself talk to Che.  I would assume her word is quite a bit more true than that useless GM team.

Now what are your comments to this?  Want to attack me?  Want to test your theory? (I'm really serious, I want to know what would happen if your guild left lol)

So?

You take what was said out of context. It was never a threat. If legacy left, ShowNomercy and another of the big guilds(Forgot the name) would've left. German Fight club said they would stay for one woe and leave it it was a fail woe. Server would have been left with very small woe guilds and some large social guilds. If anything is was likely being used as a mocking statement by angry members. Either way it was/is true.

You speak in a condescending manner as well. Some members of legacy may not be very polite, but we don't speak as if we are on a high horse or as if we are almighty and powerful. Perhaps you should shut the f*** up you hypocrite?

And GG whoever the f*** is DDoSing server. Che is taking a break, and Aeromas is asleep. No more Aria till tomorrow.
Quote from: Temjin on Feb 16, 2010, 12:07 PM
You are a f*** idiot. Why you even bother to post here, I will never know. It is BEYOND ME.

Annihilate

So?

Stay on topic, this is a server review, and hence should be about Aria and its Admin, not about legacy or whoever you were QQing.

GamePlay

Quote from: mickiedeez on Dec 10, 2009, 02:25 AM
Hm..Funny how I was there and like totally heard everything.  Interesting eh?  You guys need to learn your place.  And that's not at this server.  Voicing your opinion is fine, if and ONLY if you keep it clean.  In the end, The server isn't for you.  It's for the REAL admin to host and do with whatever they shall wish.  In the end, you no wait,  ALL of you, mean anything to the server and it's staff.  So get off your high horse and just leave already.  After all you kept threatening to saying something like, "If we leave this servers finished".  Think your so mighty with your guild?  Then prove it and leave and lets just see what happens then.  After all, If it's true, then I guess this server will close soon.  Btw, that little refresh command, was not alotted by Che.  Lil' Aeromas took it upon himself to do that.  The reason I know this is because I myself talk to Che.  I would assume her word is quite a bit more true than that useless GM team.

Now what are your comments to this?  Want to attack me?  Want to test your theory? (I'm really serious, I want to know what would happen if your guild left lol)

So?

You take what was said out of context. It was never a threat. If legacy left, ShowNomercy and another of the big guilds(Forgot the name) would've left. German Fight club said they would stay for one woe and leave it it was a fail woe. Server would have been left with very small woe guilds and some large social guilds. If anything is was likely being used as a mocking statement by angry members. Either way it was/is true.

You speak in a condescending manner as well. Some members of legacy may not be very polite, but we don't speak as if we are on a high horse or as if we are almighty and powerful. Perhaps you should shut the f*** up you hypocrite?

And GG whoever the f*** is DDoSing server. Che is taking a break, and Aeromas is asleep. No more Aria till tomorrow.
Ah yes well, There are a few of you who are actually somewhat nice.  I should have been more specific about that.  Either way, the majority of you have stated things like what I quoted.  Albeit, guilds leave when competition dies.  The reason why people think you guys think you are all mighty and such is because of your statements about the server dieing if you all left.  That can clearly be seen in that way.  So how am I a hypocrite?  Mind explaining?
As for that DDoSing s***..Well it's to bad..Kinda sad that people think it's ok to do it but oh well...Nothing we can do I guess...

response?

EDIT: Annihilate is right, Let's keep this topic more on-topic rather than all the crap that has been stirred up.

Annihilate

Gameplay, I forgot to point out that even if Aria's Admin has the prima facie right to do whatever they want with Aria, he players are still entitled to have a considerable voice on what and how changes are implemented. If it werent so, then there should be no hall of shame section in RMS.

Leaving right away will never be an option for that guild because they have something at stake here : All the time that they spent will go to waste.

I guess you know what that means.

Well, so far, just to recap: Apoc still has to answer on allegations that he/she/it is too immature for comfort. I am hoping for an answer. And since Apoc was the one who made accusations of bad conduct on the part of Ray, then I suppose he can post screenies, right? As far as I know, no proof or whatever was put up in AriaRO and so probably, Che[head Admin] just took his/her/its word for it.