AnthemRO

Started by BomberWill, Nov 10, 2008, 10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christ

I will return to AnthemRO.
My 2nd Coming is soon.

AsuEdo

I've loved this server for.. As long as I can remember. I've been playing it since Anima, and I've no idea how many years on that. I'd say it's changed a lot. The events are fun, and most of the community is friendly. Recently I've been having a lot of problems with people kill stealing no matter where I go. Also, I've managed to be called every name under the sun for doing nothing wrong. I think the GM response time has started lagging a lot. Many reports don't get looked at for weeks, at the minimum. And all the complaints of support tickets, it's crazy. I'm becoming more and more disappointed in the server. I hope it pulls itself back up again. Not to mention the economy! I can't afford to buy any decent gears, because I end up spending all my zeny on one item, if I'm lucky.

Zone

Economy isn't the staff's fault though, that's the users who are greedy.
I remember logging in for 1 day and I saw MVP cards vending for nearly 40m
When usually they are under 20m, and if Ads are important, for such activities as christmas boxes, then people charge insane prices for ads.
Usually ads are 750k ea, during christmas, they peaked to 1.4m ea I believe.
That's a big reason why I don't play anymore, I don't plan on putting money into any servers anymore.
To me, donating is a waste of my money.

BomberWill

I'm glad items cost more zeny, no point letting everyone get insane gears without paying a price.

Zone

Indeed, I'm just not willing to put thousand of dollars into a server anymore.

AsuEdo

But everyone does. And it limits those of us who DON'T have the money to donate constantly to get those gears, or the time to play constantly to earn that crazy amount of zeny. Honestly, the most money I've ever had at any point in the tgame was enough for a marriage, and half of that was from my friends donating zeny toward it. I can't level my knight anymore than she already is purely because I can't afford to get her gears that will keep her alive in Niff longer than 15 minutes. When my skills actually work.

Winnin813

Quote from: BomberWill on Feb 14, 2009, 02:58 PM
I'm glad items cost more zeny, no point letting everyone get insane gears without paying a price.
I'm glad there's people willing to pay large amounts of money for minuscule things.

I need to make money somehow  :D

BomberWill

If you know where to make zeny, its possible to make 5-10m an hour. Hell I used to make 5-6m in 20 minutes when I actually cared about making zeny =X

AsuEdo

And what level were you when you were doing this?

BomberWill

99 o.o It's called working at getting good to get better stuff. It's not like a 1/1 novice should expect to gain zeny at my level. I started out just like everyone who don't donate using npc gears to level. Eventually I started donating but what I donated is like 1% of my current wealth. I already said over 9000 times how easy is it to make zeny in aRO and yet to no suprise everyone seems to ignore it.

Zone

It's easier now because of Moscovia.

AsuEdo

How can I make money when I'm spending it all on healing items because I can't afford better gears because of the first part of this sentence?
As much as I LOVE Gonryun, I really can't stand to go around the field for any more straight months. I'm sorry, I know I'm horrible and a crap player because I want it to be fun to play instead of the horrible pain it's getting to be.

bleu

@AsuEdo

Just wondering how rich are you? And how long have you been playing? Do other new players face the same problem - unable to establish themselves and catch up? The other day I was at this big low rate server, they had merchants vending in every town selling empty bottles, poison spores, stems, cactus needles, blue herbs, immortal hearts, etc... (you name it, someone is selling it somewhere). The vending prices are decent, easy enough for new players to farm those items and accumulate some zeny to buy start-up gears like pantie/undershirt set for my lvl30 thief (costing me a total of 70k - whole set)

General
How rich are other players in comparison? And how did they managed to accumulate such massive wealth? How is it that AsuEdo is struggling to make zeny, while other players like Bomber boast of making 5-6million in 20 minutes - this is so very confusing?

AsuEdo

Donating to get items. That's how most people do it. But I'm not going to spend my money on in-game items.

I've got about a grand total of.. 4k on my knight. I think. Between all my characters, I might have 200k, but that's because of the bit I've got left on my merchant. I think a lot of people make money vending, but to do that you've got to leave your computer up all the time. That's fine, I have no problem in doing it, but recently my mother has taken to pretending she knows how to navigate the web, and turns the whole thing off every time. Even after I said something to her. -_-

The selection of items from vendors is mostly gears, and things like that (pots, meats, etc). I think the cheapest I've seen a pair of regular Kaho's selling for was 74m.

And really, if I wanted to farm cake all my life I could go to Niff and make a lot of money. But after all the nubs and the KSing and the botting, why would I want to go to TF anymore than I have to?

And I'm still waiting on my items from the Chinese New Year event. She told us to PM her our IGN's (which is funny because mine is in half my screenshots, aside from being at the top of every single one) which I did. And.. I've gotten nothing. I think she updated the list today, and my name is still on it for not having given an IGN. I'm just paranoid about bothering people too much, especially GMs. Think I should PM her AGAIN?

bleu

Quote from: AsuEdo on Feb 20, 2009, 11:14 PM
Donating to get items. That's how most people do it. But I'm not going to spend my money on in-game items.

Remember what Bomberwill said. Donation only represent about 1% of his total wealth. That means, it's not the way they got rich. There must have been other factors which you have not considered.

Quote from: AsuEdo on Feb 20, 2009, 11:14 PM
I've got about a grand total of.. 4k on my knight. I think. Between all my characters, I might have 200k, but that's because of the bit I've got left on my merchant.

How long have you been playing on that server to accumulate a measly 200k? And btw, what can you buy which is reasonably useful for 200k? U have a knight rite, ... maybe a a Grand Peco card with an armor? or a Cranial Shield of some sort to do High Orcs killing? or a nice elemental spear? or elemental two handed sword?