AnthemRO

Started by BomberWill, Nov 10, 2008, 10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denia

Really guys, please don't bicker/flame about the server. Pretty simply put, you guys like it, and they don't. End of story. As for "lurking" on other servers, the only staff member I know of that does, is Zapbomb. As for myself, I'll click a link to the server/forums if someone links it to me. But other than that, it's no big deal for me. TalonRO, is TalonRO. AnthemRO is AnthemRO. So whether or not they lurk, I don't really care; all I ask is that they follow the rules, and that's that. What I do care about, are GMs which blatantly are rude or abuse power when Zapbomb comes to hang out (Force DCs). This is just what I've heard from word of mouth though, so take it like a grain of salt.

Yes, we do have donations for the cards and such, however, being an Aegis server with several dedicated servers, in order to survive, we need this type of business model. Especially with the current state of the server/population vs. the new servers we recently upgraded to + the test servers we obtained.

As for lag, some people experience it, some don't. I used to have 2 separate ISPs at home, Cox Communications (I think the 2nd best plan?) and 2nd tier SBC DSL. Cox Communications never lagged, while SBC lags on the server. I can never judge lag on any server, quite simply because there are too many factors, which can contribute to lag, both being on the client side, and the server side.

DeePee

Quote from: Denia on Dec 18, 2008, 03:22 PM
What I do care about, are GMs which blatantly are rude or abuse power when Zapbomb comes to hang out (Force DCs). This is just what I've heard from word of mouth though, so take it like a grain of salt.

Yeah, the DC was more of an insider joke and I'm pretty sure he knows it, nothing to worry about ;). Zapbomb probably didn't receive the msg that was sent before it ;D

Denia

According to him, he doesn't know of any joke nor got the message. But either way, it's irrelevant.

On that same note though, I try to refrain from doing anything of that sort to anyone because it can cause misunderstandings :< But that may just be me personally.

DeePee

Tell him to give Theni a kick on MSN, he'll understand /ok

On a sidenote, heard he's working on some neat stuff that looks pretty impressive :)

BomberWill

It's funny how such a huge flame war started because I said a few good things about anthemRO, but not one person commented on the negative things I said (that I can remember anyways) =X

Talis and zappy both work on the coding parts to add new things I think /hmm Anyways they both seem pretty busy with all the new things that has been happening lately in aRO.

ADDFurret

True Lag can be horrible at times. But compared to other eAthena servers or Aegis servers, I'd rather wait 15 minutes for a trade to complete rather than let the item get losted due to some Disconnection bull****

Not to mention the server is bot free. So Yeah

eAthena
                 AnthemRO

I                            II

To all the lurkers out there, Just give the server a shot and see for yourself. Don't let a couple of negative comments fog your decision.

HEY! You! Yeah I see you, don't you dare press that Button, Go try out our server! NO NO move the cursor away from that...Click on the URL and.......NO NO DON"T YOU DARE! GET AWAY FROM THAT BUTTON!! I MEAN IT, I"LL KILL YOU WITH MY HORDE OF NINJA BUNNIES! I MEAN IT, THEY SHOW NO MERCY!

GM-Ymir

I just made an account in the last two days to see if the lag is still there, it is. But I suppose with comebacks like it's your fault, a lot of people must be at fault. I understand that lag is the least of AnthemRO's problems. With all the reports of corruption etc, not that I believe everything I'm told. It's just a re-occurance of problems stemming from the AnimaRO days.

However the fondest memories I have from Anima/AnthemRO is how friendly the community is, especially with the lacking GM/Player relationship. I enjoyed the company of many intelligent and friendly people on Anima/Anthem. Lastly, for those who think AnthemRO is the best server out there. My advice is to actually try other servers before saying that.
Come visit my server at (www.Ymir-RO.net)

Denia

I never once said that it was "your fault" or "the player's fault," but merely, there are a lot of factors as to why lag is experienced in any game, and on any server, and cannot be attributed to purely just the server. The player base comes from all parts of the world, and each player has a different ISP. Each computer is different, each connection speed is different. The routing from one ISP to another is different. As I stated previously, you cannot simply say "the server is laggy," simply because a few players say it is laggy, when others say it isn't.

It is, what it is for you, it's relative. And this goes for all servers of all kinds and all specs, not just Anthem.

BomberWill

Quote from: GM-Ymir on Dec 28, 2008, 08:18 AM
Lastly, for those who think AnthemRO is the best server out there. My advice is to actually try other servers before saying that.

I have played in about 5-6 servers and I still think aRO is the best one out of all I played. I remember trying another low rate server and I went to the forums to ask a question and like one of the first answers I got was something like here goes another dumb donkey player >_>  Yeah because a newbie player is supposed to know everything amirite  ??? Another server I tried only had like 100 people tops then eventually closed down. Another one had stupid warps so I never got back to any town, got bored, and left. aRO been through hell and back many times and yet it's still open, maybe it's just me but they seem to be doing something right if they still open.

zapbomb

Quote from: GM-Ymir on Dec 28, 2008, 08:18 AM
I just made an account in the last two days to see if the lag is still there, it is. But I suppose with comebacks like it's your fault, a lot of people must be at fault. I understand that lag is the least of AnthemRO's problems. With all the reports of corruption etc, not that I believe everything I'm told. It's just a re-occurance of problems stemming from the AnimaRO days.

That statement is completely false. Let's get this straight AnthemRO is not AnimaRO and nor does it have any of the problems "stemming from AnimaRO day's". Corruption is out of the question. I agree, on AnimaRO there was once a time you could come in here and start bashing the server making claims of corruption and lag but those days are now long gone, so don't try it. In the past few weeks lag has been absolutely minimal as I have been personally monitoring server performance 24x7. Most players have acknowledged this fact.

The point is that AnthemRO IS one of the best servers out there. YOU should give it a try and THEN comment on it. :)
while (!asleep()) sheep++;

Dr House

The server is ok at best, anthem should offer quests for customizing kaho's but that'll take away from their donations so odds are it'll never happen. Yea it probably does generate money but hey, what are you going to do about? Players want to be cool in that server so let them be. It's a low rate so the card drop rate is obviously low but not impossible. Anything available (custom kaho's aside) on their item shop for donations is available in game via drops or quest but even the custom kaho's are available via vending from other players (believe it or not most of the stuff is allot cheaper in game than via donations) Lag is pretty bad, lets not lie guys about 4-5 guilds were kicked off the new woe 2.0 castle, i know its still under the works and glitched but the new stuff isn't exactly super stable so i guess thats understandable. By all means i'm sure its the best Aegis server out there. Community is ehhh they're ok people, you run into friendly people but you also run into jackasses so the server gets a 7 out of 10

dputra705

My comment as a player as i had play Ro since AnimaRO till now, 2yrs +

- Who said you need donation to play aRO?
I leave in asia, i never donated any single cent. I don't bot of scam. Now, i can't count how much zeny i (billionsssss) got. I can afford any of the SQIs in the games and i owns most of them... 

It's not about difficult to play, but do you really know how to play, what did you learn ? after 3 years.

- SQI or MVP equips?
Do you need SQI or MVP Cards? A knowledgable RO player without those equip can bet a normal player without SQI or MVP weap. If you are good, you can go anyway and any RO and still survive and enjoy. That is fact in aRO. Yes, the SQI or MVP equips make it difficult. Why complain, take it as challange.. If you don't like just don't player.

I'm suck those,for PvP or WoE.

- Lagging?
Yes, sometime but not all the time. Most of the time, its you owns connection problem. I have 3 ISP connections, At max, i have , 4 PCs connected to aRO with more 10 connection/cleint open, some lag, some don't. I switch within different ISP connection at different time, i do IP trace to check on ISP that giving me problem, whos response is faster. The biggest issue is the inconsistent of IP route especially through international gateways..... I also have an isp offer me 2m uplink and 2m downlink that allow me to upload big file in shortest time, but the one i use mostly is 1m up 256k down as it give me best gaming experince. Do you know why? I also know exactly how many concurrently cleint that i can open on each of my pc, if i open beyond that, the lag will be killing me.........

Know what you talking, your experience may not  reflect the actual thing as perceive by you.
Seek to understand where is the problem and learn from that. Complain does't help...
What you don't like doesn't mean is wrong, it just you opnion.
For people to respect you, you need to gain it.

We always welcome constructive feedback and areas to improve. I strongly believe our GM is open to it. I have trust with them.

AnthemRO has under a lot of changes since new GM team taking over, a lot of good thing happen... I respect the GM team, they are doing their best jobs trying to bring a lot of changes, new thing, new update, funs, be friendly to user, arrange small & big event. Yes, there are areas that need improvement, lag tunning on specific area (i don't think it's perfect but not a major issue), support ticket, but overall i'm proud to be part of it.

This is my first aRO, not the only but will be my last RO. I will be moving to others games but don't know when.. I sincerely thank aRO GM team for bring a lot of funs for me.....

Lastly, as the player, i do have great respect for "GM". But, i do hope "GM" can carry yourself as a "GM"...  As least, my respect to anthemRO GM still stand.

Good day

Dr House

Here's an update on the server for those who care, they've killed their own forums with kiddie rules. They've temp banned several players for bringing up (although gross) not so bad topics. Not like any was posted pr0n or anything but apparently about ten kids play on that server and its now monitored. I think a large chunk of players even created a sub forum that isn't full of failure and suck up to negligent parents. Not to mention they'll start charging for warps to their new dungeons. 800z is the most expensive warp, which isn't allot of you're an active player but not everyone wastes their time grinding away for zenny. The gm's should learn that the player needs come before theirs, so what if a couple of players couldn't handle a post or two, they should go else where (not like the community will ever be super friendly as they are envisioning it in the future) I mean come on guys, this game is ancient. You're not going to get a rush of players through being "nice" (and by nice i mean putting up rules, limiting new players to old dungeons not giving them the liberty to at least look around) If anything at least try and keep the few players you have not piss them off to the point of having to make their own forums ahahaha

BomberWill

I hate the new forums rules so much XD For anyone who didn't see the rules, GMs/mods are moderating forums big time and editing and excessive use of curse words, bashing, etc. They are trying to make it a more friendly server for the underaged kids to enjoy more or something to that nature.

AceJay you nub come back to aRO ;<

pokket~

aRO's my home server. Always been.
No matter how many times I tried to move server, I always failed and came back. QQ
Many of my friends have the same problem lol. Doesn't that actually say something?