AnthemRO

Started by BomberWill, Nov 10, 2008, 10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BomberWill

Like I said before, the lag could be your computer's fault ;< I used to lag with my old laptop, but my new one is like 5x better than my old one so I don't feel the lag like you may have. I recall someone saying that your distance away from the server location also affects the lag issue.

Of course people are fully geared you silly bear =P AnthemRO isn't new after all so people (like me) played long enough to gain gears without donating (If you see one of my previous post, I mention how benefical cake hunting is for complete newbies, for more advanced players, leeching is a gold mine). Even training isn't that bad, I made a level 83 Priest in like 4 days playing not longer than 2-3 hours a day (granted I had access to grape juice because of my zeny but a gearless person could probably get to that level in like 2 weeks with nothing)

If someone KoS you, change PVP maps. If they follow you and you screenie it, GMs will temp ban them ^__^ Love this rule. Sword/Mailbreaker is awesome o_o Anyone who complains about it should die, so keep on using it >D

Grudges in the game make the game interesting. Ever heard of Daryll, Evo, Hunt, T-Bone, GL guild, etc? They made PVP a war zone and it was exciting (annoying sometimes but still) It's better than how PVP is today with people just sitting around doing nothing in PVP =( I spent 100s of millions of zeny in PVP wars alone =X

If you see flaming and it's not in the Ranters Section, it could be reported also depending how bad it is. Ranters was made for moderate flaming though =P

It doesn't take 3+ years to be fully geared unless you go train on Porings for 3+ years or you stop playing for 2-3 years ._. Newbies are incouraged to join with all the new stuff the staff put for them, like the brand new Novice Island and the intro topic in forums.

AnthemRO has custom sprites which makes it unique to other servers. Everyone has access to getting these though. They not worth it IMO, I used regular Kaho sprite for most of my aRO career and just got a custom this Summer because I found a cheap one.

If you still play in aRO keep playing and look for all the new things out (check the news) and if not, check the news anyways to see everything that has been put out lately.

DeePee

Quote from: BomberWill on Nov 12, 2008, 04:47 PM
Like I said before, the lag could be your computer's fault ;< I used to lag with my old laptop, but my new one is like 5x better than my old one so I don't feel the lag like you may have. I recall someone saying that your distance away from the server location also affects the lag issue.

Erm, when any other RO server, even the ones with 1-2k players, doesn't not lag, then it's not really a computer problem. Most of them are located at around the same area so that can't be the problem..

Pow

Quote from: DeePee on Nov 12, 2008, 06:14 PM

Erm, when any other RO server, even the ones with 1-2k players, doesn't not lag, then it's not really a computer problem. Most of them are located at around the same area so that can't be the problem..

That is called latency.. No matter how close you are to something, you will still have latency (Even on LAN games, you will still have a latency of 1 - Which denotes 1 millisecond of delay).

Your location to the server does affect your ping to it, but you might have underlying issues:

• Firewall not configured properly

• Mediocre internet connection

• Your 'grid' is over crowded with people using the internet at the same time

Your internet connection passed through a 'grid' or an 'exchange' before it is transferred to your ISP's main node (See below).

• Missing node

Your internet data does not just travel from one computer to another, it is 'bounced' off multiple servers (Nodes) - if one of these is out, you will experience a higher latency while your data is rerouted.

• Programs running in the background that are resource / bandwidth hungry

Torrents, P2P programs and even MSN, winamp and other IM programs, media players and etc can be a strain on a system and its connection.

-Pow
    [/list]
    Divided we stand, together we fall.
    There isn't any god that can save us all
    So don't pray on your knees, just beg on your hands
    There is no belief in this promised land

DeePee

Yeah, of course. Though, when any other RO server in that same area does not lag...then it's obviously not your firewall, internet connection, downloads, etc... Especially when so many people complain about it =/

Disney

If someone KoS you, change PVP maps. If they follow you and you screenie it, GMs will temp ban them ^__^ Love this rule. Sword/Mailbreaker is awesome o_o Anyone who complains about it should die, so keep on using it >D

Grudges in the game make the game interesting. Ever heard of Daryll, Evo, Hunt, T-Bone, GL guild, etc? They made PVP a war zone and it was exciting (annoying sometimes but still) It's better than how PVP is today with people just sitting around doing nothing in PVP =( I spent 100s of millions of zeny in PVP wars alone =X

If you see flaming and it's not in the Ranters Section, it could be reported also depending how bad it is. Ranters was made for moderate flaming though =P

It doesn't take 3+ years to be fully geared unless you go train on Porings for 3+ years or you stop playing for 2-3 years ._. Newbies are incouraged to join with all the new stuff the staff put for them, like the brand new Novice Island and the intro topic in forums.

@ the pvp part: xD Yes, but that's not quite provable. Sometimes people change char and kill you in Pvp.
    They keep hunting you with a diffrent char (that's lifeless but it happends), so it can't be proved. (Maybe an IP check, but before thats proven we're 1 year furhter)

@Daryll/evo, whatnot: Ofcourse I know 'em. Daryll got banned for hacking his wife, Evo for AD fraud.
    (And lol when he found out chaterina was a guy.) Okay, back On-topic. =P

@Ranters part: It's many, many times in the suggestion area. GM's are not paying attention while someone gets flamed terribly for his/her "broken" suggestion. People can also just say they don't support the idea into a little bit kinder way.

If I sum up what I earned myself in-game, I think it DID took me 3+ years.
    (Regardless from getting my SQI's from friends who quit and donating.)
    Because you know, Hunting cakes all day and night isn't fun, it gives you the feeling like you don't get closer at all. =/

My way when I first started was making level 95+ characters and sell them for 10m each.
    That should be one of the best ways. I must've made 100mil like that.  :-[

BomberWill

Oh god yes! 2-3 years ago, character selling was f'ing awesome! Now a level 99 char sells for 10mil I think? I dunno the market that much on characters but I know it dropped to a point where profit cant be made unless you can level a char from 1-99 in 1-2 days.

Heh cakes is one suggestion =P When I started playing, I made like no zeny until I was in my mid 80s on my rogue with a party in niff ;< I didn't have the advantage most people in aRO have these days with the over 9000 guides posted on how to make zeny.

ORmehtna

I would like to say a few things about AnthemRO.  This server has came a long way.  AnthemRO is all about the players, they have events and awesome stuff all the time, If you read forums you will see how we got people that are in game to help players if it need be.  The staff of this server are always working hard to improve this server, recently they have Implemented new things to the server and they tell us that there is much more to come, I have played on a few other RO servers and something about this one caught my eye, ever since the first day I set foot on AnthemRO I was hooked, I still play here and plan to play this server until I can't continue to play anymore.

ADDFurret

The Community are Ungrateful, and Pvp is everything. Ad frauders exist everywhere to abuse the system, The All the Seven sins except Lust and Gluttony Applies there.

And yet, Which server doesn't?

This is By far the Best Aegis Server ever, It is No doubt Incredibly Stable. GMs are trying So hard to Update to the latest Version of RO. The Developers also know what they are doing because Some of the recent updates were made from Scatch.

If you get a Friend here it'll be very hard for you to Leave. This Server is overall awesome, they just need a few Gms that would stick around to do events, than this server can literally pile drive every other server out there.

BomberWill

HuiJun

Anthem is the one that sells MVP and MiniBoss cards right?

Quote from: Loki on Nov 11, 2008, 12:01 AM
    You're one slick gal, JJJ.

Kenshi.

Quote from: DeePee on Nov 13, 2008, 02:32 AM
    Yeah, of course. Though, when any other RO server in that same area does not lag...then it's obviously not your firewall, internet connection, downloads, etc... Especially when so many people complain about it =/

I'm curious to why someone who isn't even playing on Anthemro, and haven't played for a long while ( and you're even GM:ing on Talonro).. even bothers commenting on this server.

I don't have any latencyproblems, other than the little delay I should have thanks to living in Europe. 

HuiJun: Yes, it is.
    Posted on: Dec 17, 2008, 09:18 pm
    Quote from: Disney on Nov 12, 2008, 03:01 PM
    "AnthemRO rarely laggs"?
    (What I'm going to write is probably already mentioned, but I'm not gonna read every post)

It's lagging the hell out of me (and most others), and I play there 3 years.

It's still my favorite server, but start to dislike AnthemRO more and more.
    People these days are already fully geared and have the so-called "Super Quest Items".
    People are incredibly rude and "KoSing" eachother in pvp, if you only use a sword/mailbreaker for once.
    There are seriously people been killing eachother so for more then 2-3 years.
    The Forums are a pain. Everything that is going on is flaming, spamming, arguing and so on.
    It's honnestly impossible for a new player to get going here.
    It takes 3+ Years to get your stuff/equipment done for a non-donator. While for a donator it only takes one minute. $130 for a Custom Sprite Kaho, Isn't that epic failure? Note that these (The Custom Sprites) are NOT obtainable ingame.

And Yeah, I left some things out for sure, but don't bother.

God. 3 years to get your gear done for a non-donator? Maybe if you play 20 min a day. And you can obtain the "Custom Sprite Kaho" ingame, through buying them from another player.
    And what the f*** else is a forum supposed to be for? Movierewiews? Talking about flowers? I don't get your point about the forum.

And the rude/kos:ing people are mostly the good geared pinoys.

Have you even played on the server? o_o

DeePee

Quote from: Kenshi. on Dec 18, 2008, 05:28 AM

I'm curious to why someone who isn't even playing on Anthemro, and haven't played for a long while ( and you're even GM:ing on Talonro).. even bothers commenting on this server.

I don't have any latencyproblems, other than the little delay I should have thanks to living in Europe. 

That doesn't stop you from lurking other server's IRC and Forums either, right? Mind that many people here are from other servers (or GMing on them). That's the entire point of RMS /ok

Kenshi.

Quote from: DeePee on Dec 18, 2008, 06:02 AM

That doesn't stop you from lurking other server's IRC and Forums either, right? Mind that many people here are from other servers (or GMing on them). That's the entire point of RMS /ok

So what if I lurk on other servers irc's/forums? I do play on them. You're just posting pointless crap about a server you do not even play on. You know I <3 you, Deepee. But, please. Stop talking.

Disney

Have you even played on the server? o_o

Uh, yes? I'm playing there 3 years.
    Most stuff I obtained are from quitted friends.
    And what I ment with obtaining the (custom sprite) Kaho was more based because there is no quest or anything for it In-game.

And now you are praticually saying that forums does exist to flame.. No wonder, it's exactly what I see you doing now.. "Talking about flowers"? If that is how you see it, Yes. you should use the forums to stay in touch with guildmembers, read the news/updates, and answer questions that newbies wish to know.
    Not to blacklist, and making your fellow players look like fools in ranters. You should respect them and be happy that they still play, if they did not, AnthemRO was no more. :/

BomberWill

Quote from: HuiJun on Dec 17, 2008, 11:14 PM
    Anthem is the one that sells MVP and MiniBoss cards right?

Yea you can purchase any card off the website but MVPs do drop the card also. If you lurk around aRO forums, you'll see screenies of people getting cards through killing MVPs. Also the cards ingame aren't that expensive so everyone has access to it =P

@Everyone else: *ignores~ Less flaming more praising an awesome server =P