AnthemRO

Started by BomberWill, Nov 10, 2008, 10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsuEdo

No.

And I've been playing for years. At least 3.
I'll admit, there have been points where I've had a decent amount, but the most money I've ever had at one time was for my marriage, and no more. And half of that was from friends.

And he might have donated $100, and then just raped the server with the equips he got. That could make the $100 only 1%.

Denia

Quote from: AsuEdo on Feb 20, 2009, 11:14 PM
Donating to get items. That's how most people do it. But I'm not going to spend my money on in-game items.

I've got about a grand total of.. 4k on my knight. I think. Between all my characters, I might have 200k, but that's because of the bit I've got left on my merchant. I think a lot of people make money vending, but to do that you've got to leave your computer up all the time. That's fine, I have no problem in doing it, but recently my mother has taken to pretending she knows how to navigate the web, and turns the whole thing off every time. Even after I said something to her. -_-

The selection of items from vendors is mostly gears, and things like that (pots, meats, etc). I think the cheapest I've seen a pair of regular Kaho's selling for was 74m.

And really, if I wanted to farm cake all my life I could go to Niff and make a lot of money. But after all the nubs and the KSing and the botting, why would I want to go to TF anymore than I have to?

And I'm still waiting on my items from the Chinese New Year event. She told us to PM her our IGN's (which is funny because mine is in half my screenshots, aside from being at the top of every single one) which I did. And.. I've gotten nothing. I think she updated the list today, and my name is still on it for not having given an IGN. I'm just paranoid about bothering people too much, especially GMs. Think I should PM her AGAIN?

Meh, you should PM her again and tell her you've already given her your IGN? If she says anything snippy to you, report it to Talis :[

Patapon

Why is this thread still open?  It's no longer really about the review and it's talking about the server.

this image copyright 2009 Patapon

Zone

It's been converted to a new subject.

Tadashi

I am actually surprise by the fact that Debbie's mum sue Harken?

Anyway, I played on the server for about 3 years+. What keep people there are the friends. There are so many test server out there and the friendly community is what keep people there.

As for the lag, it rarely lag anywhere maybe beside skellington. -.-"

Scyth

Quote from: Tadashi on Feb 22, 2009, 06:53 AM
Anyway, I played on the server for about 3 years+. What keep people there are the friends. There are so many test server out there and the friendly community is what keep people there.

I'll vouch for this. I played at Anima/Anthem for a year, my first private server for any game. For any other game, the grind would have killed it almost instantly for me, but yet I was able to level up a knight to the mid 80s before quitting, and only because my guild soon fell apart and I lost any reason to keep playing (my attempts to bring up the guild on my own fell apart from a lack of free time to play). However, even two years later I still hang around their forums.

BomberWill

Been a while since I checked up here =P

@AsuEdo: "And he might have donated $100, and then just raped the server with the equips he got. That could make the $100 only 1%."

wat?

Back on topic: AsuEdo, if you played for 3 years or so, you should have a level 80 character AT LEAST o_O Hell maybe even a trans char by now. I am near my 3rd year in aRO and I own 13 trans (one of each trans at level 90+) and about 10 more nontrans at level 85+. Piece of cake vends for 3000-3400z range last I checked. If you hunt 100 piece of cakes that would be an easy 300k+. It takes 1-2 hours tops to hunt that many cakes and if you have a thief class, you can steal and reduce the time by a bit. There is also stuff like card hunting and SQI ingredient hunting to make zeny.

AsuEdo

What I was saying is if you donated $100, then made a ridiculous amount of zeny afterward, eventually that amount would become a smaller and smaller percentage of your total "earnings" in the game.

I have a lvl 93 knight. Really though, if I had the time to sit around and farm cake all my life I would do it. Honestly, it's a complete waste of time. I want the game to be fun, not the same thing over and over and over again. I don't know about the 13 trans you have, but you must have a LOT of extra time on your hands. I, on the other hand, go to school 6 hours a day, spend time with people IRL, do homework, and at the end I've got, well, limited time to do things on RO. I could cut my friends out of the equation and add several more hours to the RO-time, but come on. It's the fact that I've got to donate my entire life to the game to get anywhere in it that bugs me. And the fact that I've PMed Yuyuko twice and gotten nothing for it.

BomberWill

lol I was in college when i made those chars. o_O It doesnt take a long time to make chars hell i could make a lvl 99 nontrans char in 3-4 days if i wanted to and thats not even playing all day. Magic classes could 99 in a heartbeat and people been saying crusaders are easy to level also with minimal gears (as in NPC gears).

QuoteWhat I was saying is if you donated $100, then made a ridiculous amount of zeny afterward, eventually that amount would become a smaller and smaller percentage of your total "earnings" in the game.

So whats your point? o_o What I donated is a really small percent compared to what I made ingame by hunting items, leeching,etc. You don't need to donate to become rich in aRO. It's called being lazy if you can't do it ._.

QuoteReally though, if I had the time to sit around and farm cake all my life I would do it. Honestly, it's a complete waste of time. I want the game to be fun, not the same thing over and over and over again.

This is what sets us apart. I was willing to do the repetative things on a daily basis to get rich. aRO is fun for me but I did do the boring things to get aRO to be as exciting as it was for me. I spend countless numbers of hours in lh3 hunting Poison Bottles for my SinX just so I can waste it all in PVP and WoE. I spend hours making Condensed White Potions just to use in WoE. Its fun going to PVP wasting like 10m zeny in stuff just to go back the next day and do it again <3

As for Yuyuko, if PM isnt working just make a topic about it but don't be rude about it.

Cielte

Why is this still opened? It's two people talking about something they can talk about over MSN, or in PM's. It's not even related to the review now.

BomberWill

Quote from: Kozua Nekiem on Mar 01, 2009, 06:29 PM
Why is this still opened? It's two people talking about something they can talk about over MSN, or in PM's. It's not even related to the review now.

My topic and the convo has to do with aRO economy o_o

Yuyuko

Quote from: AsuEdo on Mar 01, 2009, 09:15 AM
What I was saying is if you donated $100, then made a ridiculous amount of zeny afterward, eventually that amount would become a smaller and smaller percentage of your total "earnings" in the game.

I have a lvl 93 knight. Really though, if I had the time to sit around and farm cake all my life I would do it. Honestly, it's a complete waste of time. I want the game to be fun, not the same thing over and over and over again. I don't know about the 13 trans you have, but you must have a LOT of extra time on your hands. I, on the other hand, go to school 6 hours a day, spend time with people IRL, do homework, and at the end I've got, well, limited time to do things on RO. I could cut my friends out of the equation and add several more hours to the RO-time, but come on. It's the fact that I've got to donate my entire life to the game to get anywhere in it that bugs me. And the fact that I've PMed Yuyuko twice and gotten nothing for it.

You don't have to donate your life at it. People think that MMOs are the quick way to gain satisfaction. I think that if you don't have as much to invest in it, then take it slow. I don't have a SQI, and I have been playing for a long time. If not the longest time in the server

Also, immediately after the event ended, I tried PMing all the winners every single day. You werent online, thus I eventually gave up. If you catch me online, I would be more than happy to get your items. As long that list exist, your prize can never expire.

neKxus

Just registered for RMS, but played AnthemRO since AnimaRO.  All the claims of GM corruption and blah blah really stray far away from the overall gameplay I cherish here.  The players, guild battles, and fun I've enjoyed through the past few years has never been surpassed in any MMO I've tried out.  I played a few other servers, but there were constant lag issues, or the server would easily get hacked into and all my hard work destroyed.  SEVERAL times.  I would rather there be a little bit of background corruption than 3 weeks of work getting nullified and the GMs trying to cover for it by giving me free stuff.   I don't really care for any of that.

All the QQing about it being hard to survive because it's a "donation" server is bullcrap cause you don't need to donate sht to get anywhere.  You just gotta grind it out..  In total over almost 3 years playing I've donated a TOTAL of $100 at most.  This server is alot of fun, and has done some excellent updates for the players.  NOW, I get very little lag, that isn't caused by my own crappy desktop.  I can tell the difference between comp lag, and internet lag.

If you're looking for a server where the GMs care about the players, and the players love the server, then this server is where you want to be.  Coming from a regular player, who doesn't care for all the background crap.  I just love having fun, and don't care about GM E-Peens.  IF YOU WANT TO HAVE FUN, ANTHEMRO MIGHT BE FOR YOU!!   :D

I work 6-days a week, and have a newborn son.  I lead the guild Loyalty within AnthemRO.  No one forces you to play an MMO, if you want to get anywhere in the game, play it!  Lol, maybe MMO's aren't for you?  You say it like games need to make it easier for you cause you have a life, when in reality, you have too much of a life for this type of video game!  Nothing to be sad about, it's a good thing bud.   :D  BTW, for some people, this is what they like to do.  IE, leveling a character up, buildingg his/her gears, and meeting new people throughout the server and around the world.

Yoda

@offtopic/notRO  Play World of Warcraft.  I play a couple hours a day only and I'm thoroughly entertained by not only everything to do and explore, but the people as well....
“Foreplay, cuddling - a Jedi craves not these things”

BomberWill

This topic review is a bit outdated. When I have time, I need to redo this. Keep your comments coming in though =P