AnthemRO

Started by Johnsu, Oct 01, 2009, 08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasis

Quote from: bleu on Oct 15, 2009, 07:03 PM
Quote from: Pasis on Oct 15, 2009, 01:03 AM
Off-Topic: Do you have some kind of grudge against the server or me? You seem to want to go at any length to blow away many things that I say.

I doubt he has any grudge against you personally. It's more to do with the fact there's a lot of "icing" done in those reviews, highlighting certain aspects of the server and downplaying the importance of other aspects. And many forum users like myself refuse to standby ideally while innocent and naive players are being mislead and sucked into anthemRO believing that it's a good server, balanced, equal opportunity, stable, untainted with corruption/abuses and a server with a bright future. Even the GM has been quoted; expressing doubt that the server will continue to survive past Christmas this year if the financial health of the server do not improve.

Short Version:
AnthemRO WANTS AND NEED YOUR MONEY TO CONTINUE PAST CHRISTMAS! PLS JOIN AND DONATE

"Icing" like what? Everything is written based on my own observations. Events are not important to me, and neither are the PvP aspects. I don't donate, but I never did complain in my three years in the server about donators having a better advantage because I understand that it is essential to the server. And I have met bad people in the server, and I have met good ones. Where on earth can I meet a place where everyone is good and holy? And I know very well that a lot are skinflints with their money and energy, but they are willing to help others if the others would help themselves first. Why? Because I am one of these kind of people and I observe that there are others like me! Just take a look at the number of guides and discussions in the forum itself! Not only that, I saw many examples in-game itself.

I truly believe that it is stable, because I don't lose things permanently during my my time here. My friend has lost one of my items before, and I did not worry one bit simply because I know very well it will be recovered. And sure enough, it did! I wouldn't know about the others complaining of their items not getting it returned in the suitable timeframe, but I think that is simply because they did not keep a good care of their things. I don't embroil myself in borrowing things excessively, and I always keep a close check on my things. Usually those who have their items not recovered their items for a long time are those with controversial proofs and lend extensively, even if the players themselves know it is theirs. The GMs have their protocols with dealing with this, and everything they do must be fair and objective - they cannot have their gut feelings go through. And some players, being the unempathetic teenagers they are - simply shoot around that it is unfair to them because they can and they know it will ruin the server's good name.

"QQ mi itams I donate/hardwork for gone n gms no return to i. gm sux. mi at least 100 frenz QQ cuz I cant lend mi gearz no more."

Oh boohoo, go cry me a river - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt0WP9ZBNiY&feature=related
                                           http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt6jzHCf0d0

What does it take for you to read what I said earlier about your post? You have taken an incomplete excerpt and created a speculative stand by using it like a complete statement. Do you hate this server so much you would stoop so low and resort to making speculative statements like a tabloid magazine? I doubt so, but you certainly are doing it right now. It is not nice, bleu. How would you feel if someone made false negative rumours about you, based on only partial statements you made?

Aryia

To fill the gap, Pasis didn't mention game balance... I'd like to point out that it's probably one of the most balanced and "fun" servers out there. People have been playing there for years and years, simply because the end-game is just so damn fun. Before turning a blind eye and spamming TL;DR, i'd suggest reading the posts you're responding to before you tout your opinion as fact.

Annihilate

Quote from: Aryia on Oct 16, 2009, 07:53 PM
To fill the gap, Pasis didn't mention game balance... I'd like to point out that it's probably one of the most balanced and "fun" servers out there. People have been playing there for years and years, simply because the end-game is just so damn fun. Before turning a blind eye and spamming TL;DR, i'd suggest reading the posts you're responding to before you tout your opinion as fact.

OFFTOPIC:

Look at Palis's works of art and mine, then rethink what spamming means.

BACK TO TOPIC:

Exactly. That is what i was pointing out. He's saying all the while that the glass is half full without acknowledging that it is half-empty too. Given the length of his hypersanitized literature, very few persons will have the patience to read all that he is writing. To me it looks something like a high school student writing a 200-page long essay with nothing much in it and hopes for his teacher to not bother reading it and just give him a B-.

I understand that yes, anthemRO's admin, as far as diligence, may be a GodSend. But then, I would like to point out that hey, the reason why admin is there is because they got a nice gaming experience to protect, and that is what all these hullaballoo is leaving out.

I have no intentions of being condescending, i dont even know these people. I am trying to play the devils advocate. Why? Not to piss you people off. Its for the sake of objective discussion, which is what the RMS forums is initially supposed to be for.

The review comes to me as too good to be entirely true - i.e. maybe written using selective memory.  A server that good that has been there for two years should have had a really gigantic following. I tried checking anthRO's website. The game server is offline.

Posted on: Oct 16, 2009, 11:36 pm
Quote from: Mania on Oct 15, 2009, 07:05 PM
Wow, Annihilate is totally condescending and snarky with his "tl:dr" remarks.

Quote from: Annihilate on Oct 15, 2009, 02:04 PM
Quote from: bensei on Oct 15, 2009, 01:48 PM
Didnt donate tons in my 2 years, ( be it 50$?) and my friend valash and i got like every item now.

So i dont see how its only possible for donators toget wealthy :P

err, 2 years?

Uh yeah, AnthemRO has been up for 2 years in November. However, I think some of Ben and Valash's fortunes came during AnimaRO days.

no , i mean, it took you 2 years?

what if, say i were someone with a couple of hundred buck to dispose, can u get in an instant what would take you two years to get?

Quote from: Talis from AnthemRO forums

Now for other things:
Some DA Logs are unfortunately missing. This is due to the bot being logged out in the last attack. /sigh
DL and TS server has been coming under attack; We hope that we can solve this after the move.

Source : http://www.anthemro.com/forums/index.php?topic=82910.0

Hmm. Is aegis really stable? aRO's server move was compeleted a few days ago and now their game servers went down. Apparently another DDoS attack. Is 500$ a month worth it for hosting? If yes, then why does Aegis suffer the same DDoS attacks anyway. If not, then shouldnt the donation system be restructured?

P.S.

Disclaimer for Conspiracy Theorists:  I am just a theoretical mathetematician by profession, I am not good enough to stage those Attacks myself.

*back to watching Glee episode 7 :3*

Pasis

Quote from: Pasis on Oct 10, 2009, 07:34 PM
I have no real say on the guild competition and class balance. However, I have heard that guild competition is usually isolated, and certain configurations make some classes either obsolete or overpowered. But that I will leave visitors and veterans alike to decide.

Quote from: Pasis on Oct 16, 2009, 12:19 AM
Events are not important to me, and neither are the PvP aspects.

Perhaps I should make it clear that I do not frequent PvP and WoE(1 and 1/2 years since I last stepped into PvP, by that only for 1 hour doing absolutely nothing - I am a pacifist), therefore have no real say on class balance.

The reason why I write long is to:
1. Express in detail about my ideas and opinions so as to avoid any misconception. It is not like I can't keep it short, but some of the ideas I present require some explanation and examples to make it clearer. If say, your Physics teacher tells you that F = kma and say nothing else, I am sure nobody will get the idea of what that is. A similar principle applies.
2. Repel anybody who cannot and will not take their time to understand my posts and ideas, and wish to not embarrass themselves by questioning something they partially or completely do not understand. Surely if they see a big block of text and is dazed by it, they would not dare question it lest they wish to venture into unfamiliar ground. In short - to protect myself from being asked by hare-brained twits. /heh

Too good to be entirely true? What else would you like torn down and leveled to your satisfaction? True, no server is perfect, but that does not mean that a server cannot be good. Truly(to me) it is lacking colour in events, some players are bad apples, economy is expensive, and I can't be sure about PvP. But being the person that I am, I rationalise why these things happen based on my observations. Note that I can write about the events, the players, and the economy, but nothing about PvP. I rarely make this... 'selective memory' thing by choosing positives and repelling negatives - unless it involves money, of course /heh. Never once did I hide anything in my review. Essentially, my review is similar as Johnsu's, save for class aspects and the like. The only difference that he is straightforward in his observation while I take my time thinking why are things so.

The following used to be bigger, but due to its very turbulent history, surely one could expect that this server can be scarred and hurt too. Nothing is invincible and this server is no exception.

And the game server is up. It's just that it has recently been moved to another location. Took some downtime to do so, obviously. Either if you visit during the downtime, or after the downtime at a recent level, the status will show offline. Apparently, the server was attacked by an unscrupulous party. Maybe the individual or individuals have some motive of hatred towards AnthemRO, but I wouldn't speculate.

The status might show 'offline' for now. But rest assured that one can play.

At the last part - I think the server was not moved a few days ago. It has been moved recently. Like today.

AnthemRO has a lot of baggage that its past cannot erase. The server has a lot of ex-players hating it, for reasons that only the person upstairs would know. Perhaps for being too addictive. Perhaps for being apparently 'unfair'. So attacks are sometimes to be anticipated from all corners.

Don't just ask a server to improve by asking it "Shouldn't the donation system be restructured?". Try giving a suggestion you think that might be effective on how it can be restructured. Then we could discuss it out. For me, I have no idea how to, but I am not sure about the others too. And it has recently been through some changes with a few additions already.

Quote from: Annihilate on Oct 17, 2009, 08:01 AM
OFFTOPIC:

Look at Palis's works of art and mine, then rethink what spamming means.

Perhaps this is a case of cultural difference of the forum kind.

In the forums where I come from, spamming means posts that carry a little or no understanding in the topic discussed. Usually these posts are characterised as short, and without/lacking meaning or relevance.

To you, I suppose it means a lengthy post that only serves to fill up space, never to be read, whether in due assumption or not. 

Whichever definition in terms of length, I suppose we are given the freedom to post at which length we wish so long as it has meaning and understanding. This is a forum, not a Twitter.

Annihilate

Quote from: Pasis

it is lacking colour in events,
some players are bad apples,
economy is expensive,
and I can't be sure about PvP.

But being the person that I am,
I rationalise why these things happen based on my observations.
Note that I can write about the events, the players, and the economy, but nothing about PvP.

Thank you.

*back to youtube*

Pasis

Quote from: Annihilate on Oct 17, 2009, 01:19 PM
Quote from: Pasis

economy is expensive,

But being the person that I am,
I rationalise why these things happen based on my observations.
Note that I can write about the events, the players, and the economy, but nothing about PvP.

Thank you.

*back to youtube*

Finally.

It took you long enough. I hope you understand now that my review is fair and correct as it has been since it was posted. It is only by a lack of interpretation and hasty judgement on your part that somehow you felt that my review was unfair or biased. But it is okay, it is good that you question it because you lack understanding in it.

I hope that now you can see my neutral stand on things.

Let me recap on things so that it will not slip off your mind again, please take note:

- this server is not the only one facing this issue
- it is not an important aspect to me, so I suppose this can be overlooked(overlooked in the sense of my opinion, in my own review)
- due to various people of different attitudes and bearings, every society model has this
- a lot of them are skinflints with money and energy, but are not selfish with knowledge
- right approaches must be made, as over the years they have been made cynical by negative visits
economy is expensive,
- it is influenced mostly by ads(the life-force behind the server), especially offer and voting ads
- since the essential wiping out of ad frauders, it is only natural that the economy becomes a trade-off
- I do not frequent PvP, therefore I have no say on class balance, but I heard(read: heard) that competition is rather isolated and certain configurations are one-sided

You can be sure that if you read my original review again, you can see most of these points included in each section. Originally, I was hoping that readers could come up on their own logic and comprehension that it is lacking in colour for events, some players are bad apples, the economy is expensive, and not bother me about my review knowing that. However, your asking has proven to me that some handicap should be given. Perhaps I am too used to my own forum that I have reflected the comprehension level and style from my forum with this forum. I apologise for that. Next time, I will try to make a condensed version of my posts to aid the likes of you in this forum.

How about I start now?
1. I did not make any fallacious statements in my review.
2. You have been misinterpreting it all this while.
3. I have a neutral stand. Know that.
4. Recap and read my posts over and over again to understand your misinterpretation.
5. I should give handicaps to the likes of you and I should understand your plight. Sorry.
6. Please stop your silly chase of trying to prove that I am wrong in this issue. Everything you try will always have a proper response.

Even if you have positive intentions in your future posts in here, you have already given me the impression that you make incomplete and selective interpretations. I will take anything you say in complete scrutiny and suspicion. Look at the result - your simple thank you and your little selective excerpts of my earlier post had been met with my rather hostile and condescending post.

Please refrain from making any more false comments about my review and opinions. That is all I ask of you.

Thank you.

balam

Nobody kicks a dead dog, the more important the dog is the best it feels for someone to kick it(inb4peta), I appreciate all those post from Annihilate for that proves how good AnthemRO is around compared to other servers, I wouldnt surprise if he's a hater cause he got banned in AnthemRO.

Seriously we got 6 pages on this review thread when others dont pass further than 3.

Join AnthemRO today! Try it!

You wont regret it

Quote from: Annihilate on Oct 17, 2009, 08:01 AM
Exactly. That is what i was pointing out. He's saying all the while that the glass is half full without acknowledging that it is half-empty too. Given the length of his hypersanitized literature, very few persons will have the patience to read all that he is writing. To me it looks something like a high school student writing a 200-page long essay with nothing much in it and hopes for his teacher to not bother reading it and just give him a B-.
People can decide what to read and what to not, they dont need a condescending TL DRs

I understand that yes, anthemRO's admin, as far as diligence, may be a GodSend. But then, I would like to point out that hey, the reason why admin is there is because they got a nice gaming experience to protect, and that is what all these hullaballoo is leaving out.
no sense

I have no intentions of being condescending, i dont even know these people. I am trying to play the devils advocate. Why? Not to piss you people off. Its for the sake of objective discussion, which is what the RMS forums is initially supposed to be for.
Why dont you discuss other reviews then? you're a troll/AnthemRO hater and accept it

The review comes to me as too good to be entirely true - i.e. maybe written using selective memory.  A server that good that has been there for two years should have had a really gigantic following.
There's only one way to know if we're lying

I tried checking AnthemRO's website. The game server is offline.
try checking again?

Spoiler
Quote from: Annihilate on Oct 15, 2009, 02:04 PM
Quote from: bensei on Oct 15, 2009, 01:48 PM
Didnt donate tons in my 2 years, ( be it 50$?) and my friend valash and i got like every item now.

So i dont see how its only possible for donators toget wealthy :P

err, 2 years?

Uh yeah, AnthemRO has been up for 2 years in November. However, I think some of Ben and Valash's fortunes came during AnimaRO days.
[close]

no , i mean, it took you 2 years?

what if, say i were someone with a couple of hundred buck to dispose, can u get in an instant what would take you two years to get?
They cant get what you make in 2 years with a couple hundred bucks of donations, I've played since AnthemRO started and I got gear worth 1Bill+, besides noone donates that much, you got a wrong idea of the server getting ZOMG tons of donations, sure they can donate 2k but I dont mind if they wanna spend that much and save time farming zeny, new players shouldnt expect to kill a vet right when they join so I really dunno whats your point on making such useless comment

Spoiler
Quote from: Talis from AnthemRO forums

Now for other things:
Some DA Logs are unfortunately missing. This is due to the bot being logged out in the last attack. /sigh
DL and TS server has been coming under attack; We hope that we can solve this after the move.

Source : http://www.anthemro.com/forums/index.php?topic=82910.0
[close]

Hmm. Is aegis really stable?
Pure trolling here since being Aegis has nothing to do with being or not DDoS attacked, any server can get it, that was already blocked by now so doesnt really matter, it was just unnexpected

Edit:
QuoteServer status signature will be fixed soon!
server is running normal even if the signature says the opposite, the servers were moved around so the IPs changed

means this is wrong right now:
http://www.anthemro.com/serverstatus2.php
[tr]
[td]
[/td]

[td]

yC

Okay, enough "review" on Anthem RO.  Keep in mind that you don't have to agree with any review made by anyone.  You can make your own review to share what you see on the server as well.  You don't have to share your disagreement to challenge the reviewer in an unfriendly way.

We tried to keep this topic open for as long as possible.  Remember this rule from the review sectional guideline in the future:

Try to keep debates off of review topics.  The only time a debate is allowed is to challenge a false FACT.  Facts being things that are provable to non-players.

Everybody is going to see IT differently.  At least to some degree so what's the point to argue. 

/off-topic

I bought this monitor that I read plenty of good reviews on.  But it broke less than 3 months after I bought it.  So yea ... those reviews i read are all false to my experience.  That's it.