AnthemRO

Started by Johnsu, Oct 01, 2009, 08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeePee

Actual episode updates can basically only be done when they are leaked, so yeah, it's quite rare. Scripting for it is a tad hard as well seeing that it's closed source.

Sure, there is a way to convert to eA, but some people just prefer Aegis because of the official game mechanics.

But hey, I read Muad might be going for a position at Anthem, so maybe they'll finally get some updates again :) Actually, if he does, they'll be more up-to-date than any eA server.

Johnsu

Orly?

Whats he been up to lately? haven't talked to him in quite some time.

Quote from: Annihilate on Oct 05, 2009, 01:34 AM
Quote from: DeePee on Oct 04, 2009, 02:20 PM
Because Aegis, not eAthena. It's kinda difficult to script for it.

so its like eAthena uses C++ and Aegis is on Assembly.

hmm, so is it safe to say that server updates/server improvements on an Aegis server come really seldomly considering the slow rate of scripting?

What puzzles me is why cant they just use eA? Is there no way to, like, make a "converter" program to translates their Aegis DB's to eA?

Its doable, but not everyone wants some buggy software. Sure, I like eA, but I believe we are striving for officialness. So, Like I mentioned,We're doing really good thus far. Not everyone donates, and they are among the top elites. Its ones preference if they decide to spend money on virtual items. Look at WoW. Im sure they have some sort of donation system ?

Hot like Mexico.

DeePee

http://play-yaros.com/other-servers-t313s10.html

As for WoW, well... I haven't played it, but they don't need a donation system. It requires a monthly subscription to play.

Zone

Personal preference of the administrator has made it taken this long to even bother with eAthena.
It's been suggested for over a year.
Aegis has limited capabilities, for development that is...

Annihilate

Quote from: Zone on Oct 05, 2009, 09:40 AM
Personal preference of the administrator has made it taken this long to even bother with eAthena.
It's been suggested for over a year.
Aegis has limited capabilities, for development that is...

oh well, that basically summarizes it i guess.

Johnsu

Yeah, the server sucks if it isnt running on eA right? How many servers are running on eA currently anyway? One too many Id guess.

Hot like Mexico.

Zone

Well, given the fact that the administrator is so hardheaded that he waits until the server isn't making enough money to sustain itself to start working on converting to eAthena. And any server that doesn't lag as bad as Anthem is better. And with the stability of it lately, zones randomly crashing...eAthena is more stable.

mickiedeez

TL;DR version: Anthem lags alot for everyone but me! Class balance sucks for everyone but me! we has zero events yaaay! the GMs are never there but theyre still the best! people will help you if you are nice!(if you are teh askx0rZ more than once then you are teh nub!
Quote from: Temjin on Feb 16, 2010, 12:07 PM
You are a f*** idiot. Why you even bother to post here, I will never know. It is BEYOND ME.

Denia

Quote from: Zone on Oct 06, 2009, 10:56 AM
Well, given the fact that the administrator is so hardheaded that he waits until the server isn't making enough money to sustain itself to start working on converting to eAthena. And any server that doesn't lag as bad as Anthem is better. And with the stability of it lately, zones randomly crashing...eAthena is more stable.

I think you forgot the fact that someone is currently DDoSing the server non stop, and has been for some time now and they're currently trying to make do with what they have until the $500 some odd dollar hardware upgrade to prevent that issue. Even an eAthena server wouldn't really be able to handle it.

Luna~

I heard anthemro makes 40k/mo with their expensive donations.

Zone

nah
Not even close, they just now got a hardware firewall that is putting them in the hole $500 per month

GorthexTiger

Quote from: LunaCharm on Oct 06, 2009, 01:20 PM

`Den call IRS yah?
Read about the "Great Dramas" Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3

Denia

Lol, sup Lynn. Anthem doesn't make anywhere near that, and they're already in the hole because of how much they're paying out the donkey for servers for Aegis.

Zone

Quote from: Catalyst on Oct 06, 2009, 03:23 PM

`Den call IRS yah?
It's not under US Law :P
German

Pandora

Hmmm I know where anthem is hosted and I don't recall the DDOS protection costing 500$ xD
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]