AnimaRO

Started by Illisuun, Jul 11, 2007, 05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illisuun

Quote from: Transcend on Jul 17, 2007, 06:17 PM
I may sound harsh but any GM that plays his server is corrupt in his own way :)

Please explain that to the GMs of professional game servers for games like Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, City of Heroes, and in all probability, Ragnarok Online.

Slaw

Yeah, I'm pretty sure a few of them play. But you have to keep in mind that them GMing is their real jobs, so if they'd go corrupt or ruin the fairness of the game in any way, they'd be in alot more trouble than a private server GM.

sineas

@Illisuun:

Straight up question... So you're basically calling these people that scrutinized AnimaRO liars???
[color=red]RK-RO[/color] - 10k/10k/10k WILD WEST Inspired [color=red]TRUE[/color] Dedicated Server
Unmetered Bandwidth - [color=red]1000 Mbps[/color] ([color=red]1Gb[/color]) Port Uplink - 24/7/365

Cisco Public & Private 10G Networks - Security IDS/IPS/DDoS

Illisuun

I wouldn't say that they are all liars. Some of them might just be poorly informed. But let's take a look at a recent review of AnimaRO on RateMyServer so I can demonstrate what I'm talking about.

This is from a person named gamer914 who claims to have played on AnimaRO for more than a year.

This server has became very corrupt in the past couple of months since ads came out the economy has rose to an extrem hgih proveting new comers to enjoy the new server. The GM's BLOW and arent really helpfull

Now let's take a look. The ad system that came out in the past couple of months ruined the economy? What? The Ad Credit system on AnimaRO has been in place for somewhere around a year and a half. Hardly the "past couple months." In fact, the time during which the ad system had the most offers was some time last summer. We have far fewer now than we did then. Now, you could attribute this to the fact that the ad system was down for a while this year. Maybe he showed up during the interim and when the ad system came back online, he thought it was all new. But if that's the case, why did he lie about playing here for more than a year? To give his words extra weight when he was bashing the server?

Then he goes on to talk about how the economy rose to an extreme high, whatever that means. This is also fishy. When there are more Ad offers done in the game, it actually helps new players, because it drives the zeny cost of donation gear down. Which means less farming for the new guy who doesn't want to donate. What does he even mean when he says that the economy is at a high?

Finally, he goes on to say that the GMs blow and are unhelpful. He's at least entitled to his opinion there.

There are more like that. I'm not trying to stop people from posting negative reviews of AnimaRO or anything like that. I just want the discussion to be honest.

Quote from: Slaw on Jul 18, 2007, 01:11 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure a few of them play. But you have to keep in mind that them GMing is their real jobs, so if they'd go corrupt or ruin the fairness of the game in any way, they'd be in alot more trouble than a private server GM.

Admittedly, people who have their livelihood on the line are probably less likely to do naughty things. I just think it's a little unfair to expect GMs to not play on their own servers. Heck, I think it can even be good for the server in some ways, since really, what better way is there for a GM to realize what issues his players are dealing with besides dealing with them him or herself?

Slaw

I don't mind GMs playing, as long as they stay legit. But on private servers, most of the time they don't.

Transcend

Quote from: Slaw on Jul 18, 2007, 11:04 AM
I don't mind GMs playing, as long as they stay legit. But on private servers, most of the time they don't.
All of them.
im serious!

Xennith

Quote from: Transcend on Jul 18, 2007, 01:52 PM
Quote from: Slaw on Jul 18, 2007, 11:04 AM
All of them.
im serious!

I hope you realize that you are calling every single staff member of every private RO server on this entire board a corrupt one, including, potentially, yourself. I'm not so sure that's going to go over so well.
www.AnimaRO.com ~ Try out RMS' most controversial server!

Quote from: Alexander The Great
Nothing is impossible to he who tries.

sineas

I pvp with my players with my GM character, infact they liked it so much that they always invite me to do pvp with them with my GM acct. I guess they're having this contest of who gets most GM skulls (who knows what's in their head LOL). I get owned alot of times that they told me make a legit character so I can enjoy pvping and WOEing (they know I love doin it b4 when we were just an RK Guild on a highrate server). My character is just a member of a Guild, some players who knew me kept it their secret. I just keep jumping from one guild to another. With my legit character, I can do the thing I do best again... mess with other players brain /heh

I have to say, I love my players and I do honestly think they feel the same way for us ;D
[color=red]RK-RO[/color] - 10k/10k/10k WILD WEST Inspired [color=red]TRUE[/color] Dedicated Server
Unmetered Bandwidth - [color=red]1000 Mbps[/color] ([color=red]1Gb[/color]) Port Uplink - 24/7/365

Cisco Public & Private 10G Networks - Security IDS/IPS/DDoS

Transcend

Im calling evert GM that has "a legit" and that plays it seriously,like lvls it,makes it to trans,getsgear
im sure that sometime in the middle of it,he used his GM power
a gm shouldn t have a legit,it s not a problem on high rate but a big one in Low rates

Slaw

-All- GMs who play a normal character is cheating in one way or another? Last server I was a GM on, I had a normal char as well. 100% legit. I never touched him with my GM account in any way. So yeah, I wouldn't say all GMs who play normally on their servers are cheating. But alot of them are.

Xennith

Quote from: Transcend on Jul 19, 2007, 09:46 AM
Im calling evert GM that has "a legit" and that plays it seriously,like lvls it,makes it to trans,getsgear
im sure that sometime in the middle of it,he used his GM power
a gm shouldn t have a legit,it s not a problem on high rate but a big one in Low rates

That statement is asinine and wrong in new and amazing ways which I cannot fully articulate.
www.AnimaRO.com ~ Try out RMS' most controversial server!

Quote from: Alexander The Great
Nothing is impossible to he who tries.

Rbread

To Transcend:

Stop going around EVERY AnimaRO topic with the mind set on trolling.  I don't know if what you claim is true or not but please stop spreading things you have no proof of.  If you have proof, then CITE YOUR SOURCES.  I noticed that you are the #1 flamer when it comes to AnimaRO but it's annoying how 70% of your posts contain little to no information about AnimaRO at all.

The same goes to everybody else with every other server.

AceJay

This I why I don't have legits, so people don't b**** about them.

xxdanduhmanxx

woot!!! Anima the best!

AceJay

Quote from: xxdanduhmanxx on Oct 29, 2007, 01:18 AM
woot!!! Anima the best!

It's okay but it's hardly the best. It's good for a first server, but with the recent events, it can be harder. (or easier, if you bot, you jerk.)