Server Review Impersonation

Started by Adrian15, Nov 19, 2007, 04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian15

Hey, I'd like to make a report for impersonation, which sort of got me in some trouble with the GM as well and I'd like the comment deleted and possibly the account. http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=serverstat&serid=1897&url_sname=paperRO&page_num=1
This is the link, the comment by 'Adrian' is not my doing, and this person is trying to make it very obvious that it is me, although it is not. Plus my name is Adrian and there was only two Adrian's on the server, and the fact that this person says in the reply : "Our servers WOE is great its controled and dominated by 1 guild which is our guild btw" and there is only one Adrian in that guild which is me. So yeah, if possible please delete it and the account since impersonation isn't a good thing.

Grape Joose

Let me be the first to say that most likely nothing will be able to be done for you. The biggest thing your missing in your post is proof that you are who you say you are (A few screenshots maybe?). For all we know you could be the impostor. We also cant confirm the "there was only two Adrian's on the server" part or the fact that he's trying to make it obvious its you because we don't play on your server.

Rbread

Oh, you're the only person in the world who is called Adrian so let me delete it right away.

That sounds kinda cool doesn't it?

Adrian15

Okay first of all, what you said here was just stupid.
Quote from: Riotblade on Nov 19, 2007, 09:13 AM
Oh, you're the only person in the world who is called Adrian
Dont try to be smart. I think there's a difference between the whole world, and a small populated server.
Considering the fact that theres no more than 30 different people who play the server, and we ALL know eachother, and eachothers names, then yes, I find it to be enough proof. What other reason would I waste my time to even bother making a report? And you cant prove whether the persons an impersonator or not, its just common sense to know someone wouldn't just want to go report something like this for no reason.

Rbread

QuoteAnd you cant prove whether the persons an impersonator or not, its just common sense to know someone wouldn't just want to go report something like this for no reason.

I'm not the one that's trying to prove anything.  YOU'RE the one that's trying to prove something.  BTW, learn to catch sarcasm next time okay?

Adrian15

Fine, dont do anything, its the GM's problem. Expect a reply from her.

Shortwave

Hi, I'm one of the admins for the server he's talking about. I noticed the review and was annoyed by the "selling mvp cards" slander or whatever so I asked Adrian15 (the "real" Adrian) about it. He hadn't even seen it. Everyone on our server knows him as Adrian, and he has been impersonated on our server forums in the past week or two. I've deleted the posts on our forum and banned the person who did it, so I can't really prove that.  ::)

I guess I can give the IP of the person I banned for impersonating him?

yC

Quote from: Shortwave on Nov 20, 2007, 12:24 AM
Hi, I'm one of the admins for the server he's talking about. I noticed the review and was annoyed by the "selling mvp cards" slander or whatever so I asked Adrian15 (the "real" Adrian) about it. He hadn't even seen it. Everyone on our server knows him as Adrian, and he has been impersonated on our server forums in the past week or two. I've deleted the posts on our forum and banned the person who did it, so I can't really prove that.  ::)

I guess I can give the IP of the person I banned for impersonating him?

Yes, just PM it to me.

Zone

Ambrose Merle

Rule number 1: Don't pick a fight with GMs unless you got a good reason why. Fighting Riotblade is about as smart and trying to fight with a knife on the counter. You don't hurt it, it hurts you. Sarcasm CAN be hard to detect at times, but this was DEFINETLY not the case. Next person I see fighting with Riotblade after this posting, gets a "dunce of the year" award... If it's Adrian again, I'm definetly going to say they deserve 2 of those trophies.

Rule number 2: Screenshots are your friend. As a Gm, as a player, even as a former administrator, I've got to say, being trigger happy with that button is a smart idea. EVIDENCE PEOPLE, EVIDENCE!! I keep having to remind everyone to use it or nothing can get done really. You report to me there is someone ksing you on my server, I'm just going to raise my eyebrow at you and ask, "so?" If you write a review, screenshot it; if you say something to a moderator, screenshot it; If someone busts a rule, screenshot it. Same goes for on here! Someone could very easily start swearing in one post when the GMs are offline, and then pretend nothing happened by using the modify button. What can you do to stop them? ... SCREENSHOT!! ... Besides, most of the time they get turned into JPEGs which take up hardly any space, and once the problem is resolved, you can just delete them.

Rule number 3: backups. I've had people claim they had screenshots but they got deleted, this doesn't mean squat to me. I, personally, have been hacked before right after getting into a scuffle with certain unnamed GMs and found my computer had been hacked. How do I know it was them? All of the screenshots were gone linking me to them and my ragnarok had been messed up (plus I have other ways of knowing.). The solution? floppies, cds, etc. I know some really smart people who keep a floppy sticking out of their comp and anytime they play a game, they slide it in and have the game direct all screenshot saves to the floppy. This way, if they get hacked, no one can frag the proof, since the proof is external. In order for the corrupt moderator, administrator, or player to get the data, they'd need to run over to your house and smash the disk in person! ... In which case you should just call the cops...

I have more rules on this but... I gotta get to work now x_x;

Zone