Server Lost 12 Reviews Over Night

Started by asdfqwerty123, Jul 18, 2007, 01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asdfqwerty123

Quote from: Riotblade on Jul 29, 2007, 10:23 PM
If you think that it's unfair, then I suggest using the "report comment" button

Impossible.  Only players can use that, and I'm a server owner so I can't use the report comment button at all.

This message appears when I try to report any comments like this:

Quote-- Error --

Sorry, you must be a registered member to report a comment.

yC

Tell me, what is to stop someone from making an outrageous and false claim about server corruption (a commonly thrown around term that no one can argue convincingly against some vague claim like that) from being posted without reason on a server's reviews and the owner not get a chance to reply (when the rating is above the limit for an owner to reply)?  More importantly, what's to stop someone like this person from posting a bad review simply because they died in pvp?

I kind of worry more of the 100/100 or 97/100 spam these days.  Bad reviews if it's unreasonable, breaking the rule, or reported by server owner = we have the right/reason to delete them in most cases.  As for good reviews where players got hidden incentives is harder to crack down.

I am a supporter of the bad review balance good review theory, it's true because you can't expect everyone to like your server.  Also you can't expect you (or your team) never done anything wrong to upset anyone.

asdfqwerty123

It's not that people here don't make mistakes, but that mistakes are dealt with reasonably.  If someone abuses their power, they're terminated and possibly banned depending on the situation.  Getting through the selection process to be a GM is hard, and requires a lot of time and work helping players.  This isn't a matter of perfection, but how a server is run and the features it has for the players.  I can't agree with your "balancing theory" because it only takes one bad review comment to make a server look bad.  There's a difference between "not liking" a server, and having a personal grudge to where you would spam bad reviews.  I can't agree with the your balancing theory because people can read the player typed comments and not just look at a pure number rating.

//

I hope server owners will have the ability to report with their owner accounts soon so I don't have to make another account just to use the report button.

kopono

Quote from: Zairik on Jul 29, 2007, 10:08 PM
I completely understand the need to remove those types of "reviews", but picking off the top 2-3 couple servers isn't fair because people with only 20-40 reviews have reviews just as pointless and get no attention at all unless enough posts are removed from the top couple that they move up in rank.  I don't expect you to get to every single one immediately, but there is a lot of constant removal of reviews on select servers and I don't think it's fair when only few servers are getting the large focus of all this.  People tend to just say what they feel about the server like I'm sure at least half of the reviews posted up until now were because you can't make a review in great detail with the space limit put on reviews as they are currently.  They've already told players through their ratings what each aspect of the server is rated in their personal opinion.  People still see this as a "click, vote, done" site that is a way to support and advertise servers.  If this was really focused on reviews with elaborated meaningful lengthy details then people wouldn't see it as just another "click, vote, done" type of server voting site.  Comments (reviews) almost seem like an after-thought the way they are presented, and at least I've only noticed this recently being a strictly enforced issue.  I'm not sure what was expected of people to write in the small space they get, and even less opportunity for the owners to reply unless the ratings are below a certain point.  Tell me, what is to stop someone from making an outrageous and false claim about server corruption (a commonly thrown around term that no one can argue convincingly against some vague claim like that) from being posted without reason on a server's reviews and the owner not get a chance to reply (when the rating is above the limit for an owner to reply)?  More importantly, what's to stop someone like this person from posting a bad review simply because they died in pvp?

QuoteHiko
Rating: 28      
server has a huge problem with retarded players that only know how to run in and sacrafice you in pvp... lots of retards that only know how to hit and run...all noobs WoE is the most retarded...any wizzy can pwn, you die in 1 SG...
QuoteYou said "retard" three times without ending a sentence. You should try maxing out your stats before running into PvP, it's not that hard. Also, having cards and gear would help a lot also. Server Availability should be 10, it's on 24/7.

I'm not sure saying "retard" repeatedly is considered a "worth keeping" type of review.  I preferred it when more focus was on taking the unreasonable bad reviews off than trying to judge who has the least detailed comment at the end of their decent to good rated review.

Obviously I wouldn't be as concerned if my server wasn't the one taking the brunt of this rule's enforcement, but since it is I feel like I should point out some obvious flaws in the reviewing process that should be considered before deleting mass numbers of reviews.

Live with it. We use this site to help promote our server, the absolute least we can do is abide by the terms and conditions.

asdfqwerty123

Quote from: kopono on Aug 13, 2007, 10:05 AM
Live with it. We use this site to help promote our server, the absolute least we can do is abide by the terms and conditions.

Your post was pointless.  This topic died two weeks ago.  Of course we follow the terms and conditions.  If you read the topic you'd realize I was surprised at the beginning by the large number of reviews missing, and the staff (Riotblade and yC) told me why they were removed.  Now I know why, and I'm not upset about it.  When I made the topic I didn't know why, and then they told me the reason.  The point of this topic has been answered so there's no reason to continue it.  Next time please read the entire topic before making replies like that, it makes you sound arrogant and ignorant when you throw your two cents in without understanding a situation.