ggRO lies on server listing.

Started by Snowflake10, Jan 23, 2015, 11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowflake10

I joined after reading their server listing and was quite impressed with the "1400 players (non autotrade)"  so I took a look and its a lie.
I was playing and saw there was 1600 players online when I did /who. Then I went to a few of the main towns and realized there is ALOT of autotrading merchants. In towns, fields and even dungeons.

You can get a good reference on how many vendors that usually are from this post - http://forum.ratemyserver.net/rant-and-rave/my-ggro-review/msg176007/#msg176007

Seriously though, Either change the listings information or stop those people from auto vending because they are currently lying.

yC

Whatever put on the server description is at the moment of writing, together with the listed features.  I don't expect all of it to be 100% correct at all time.  A certain degree of difference is understandable.  However, if there is major difference (such as not having the correct type RP/PK or rates being HR on listing and LR on server) those I would either edit or contact the listing owner for further action.

Just now I saw the listing says over 2000+ active.  Well if you look further down there is a "Population Median Reference" that is surveyed from all the recent reviews, the amount is 1400.  So the overall review result is already telling you someone not from the server description.