False Review

Started by DaveWarpath, Apr 26, 2009, 05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveWarpath

Username "Daichi" has reviewed WarpathRO giving false information. The server is completely stable and is always available. The class balance is better than suggested and the community is friendly when compared to most others. The GMs are as helpful as can be and are almost always available with 90% online time. I am part of WarpathRO's administration, however I do not have the power to remove/edit/reply to his false review. Players have a right to express an opinion, but to give false information with the intention of misleading others in order to reduce our player-traffic is wrong. I am hoping someone can support me regarding this issue.
Regards, David, WarpathRO Administrator.

yC

The review: http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=userfindcomment&uid=67885

Is seen as player experience.  Your opinion vs his opinion about the server.  It is not false to our point of view. 

You are the server admin and you don't own the control of this listing.  Do you know the person that have control over it (i.e. your gm, sub-gm ..)?  I can see your website is linking to the listing, at least that mean the person owns the listing should be someone in power on your server.

It is best that you tell the person to reply to the review.  Or if you wish to take control of the listing, you can have the current account holder to email admin [ a t ] rate my server . net and request a transfer of ownership.

DaveWarpath

How can that be a legitimate player experience when we have no downtime and extremely active GMs? This player is flaming for the sake of it, not for any legit reason. Does that suggest that anyone can make random accounts to make such reviews about others? If our server was laggy and unstable I'd accept his review as plausible, but it's far from it.

Omi

a server isn't lag free

it's the players view of the server, unless they are breaking the guidelines and it's blatantly obvious they are flamming, theres nothing RMS can do.   You just have to accept it.