LimitRO (details are incorrect)

Started by LoreChief, Aug 31, 2015, 01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoreChief

Quest EXP: Is actually 10x, not 100x
Main Ethnic or Language:  Is not english, is a mix of Southeast Asian languages.  There is a requirement for "Main chat" to be in English, but it is not a hard and fast rule, nor is it enforced.  99.9% of the game population speaks in Tagalog/Malay.

yC

Could you show any information you found behind the 10x quest exp rate?

For the Main Ethnic or Language, no server can control what players speak at every corner of the server.  Their website is in English, their announcement is in English and I believe they have English speaking GMs/Admins.  For example, if I am from the UK and I open a server where many Malaysian joined.  I shouldn't be forced to change the country flag because of that.

LoreChief

I couldn't tell you what language the GM's speak, they are never on.  Regardless, it is dishonest to say that a server is English based when there are little-to-no english speakers.  What a GM speaks or writes announcements in should not matter, as they are less than 0.001% of their playerbase.  If you want to speak %language%, you should join a %language% server.

That said, here's my proof on 10x quest XP; http://www.limit-ro.net/forums/index.php?/topic/3365-eden-quests/  Comment from Lai (server admin) stating quest exp has been only 10x since 2009.

yC

I will change the quest exp for them.  Regarding the language, I already explained.  Where player choice to play is their freedom.  What a GM write/speak will directly show what language the server is providing support for.  It is undesirable to see a server have an Malaysian flag up when none of the GM speak Malaysian for example.

If you want them to change the flag you have to talk to them about it.