in the Kro file...

Started by kylrion, Jan 03, 2011, 09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylrion

is the Kro file update got some virus???
my kapersky scanned tat RagexeRE.exe got virus in it
My writting is a bit cuckoo/cracked,soo please dont get mad at me with my writing if it is very bad
cause this aint EXAM with 350 word or watever
it is chit-chat soo chill out ^^

Relics

Well, post the results of the scan.. if you still have it

Signify

My KRO is fully up to date, and I've had no problems with my anti-virus (avast).

kylrion

oh my god!
jz right after i delete the virus!
the ro application cannot open!
i press start and it open but then it auto close!
can anyone hlp?
My writting is a bit cuckoo/cracked,soo please dont get mad at me with my writing if it is very bad

xyuki

Well you might want to tell us your scan results as Relics suggested. There are some heavy game viruses that are sometimes find in RO files too, but it also often happens that some anti-virus programs tend to give false alarms concerning "viruses" in RO files.
But as said rather post here or google it.

kylrion

err...
i have delete the virus lol
i worry that the virus might work up then blow my pc lol =.='''

yC

Most virus just reproduce itself after you reboot your computer if you simply deletes it. 

We are interested in what you got out of the kRO file to determine if it is really from the client or something else. 

kylrion

'TR/PSW.Magania.ecox' [trojan] here it is
i recheck my antivirus =.='''
forgot tat it made a log lol!!!

Relics

Well, googling TR/PSW.Magania.ecox kRO gives 1 hit on somebody else having the same situation
http://www.eternityro.net/forum/index.php?/topic/41408-full-install-download/

I'm not sure how likely it is that this trojan is in the kRO client.. if anything, you should make sure you've deleted it fully.
There are removal instructions on the web, did you follow those?
http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-w32-magania-aujl.html

Also, here's an assumption, this virus is aimed at gaining log-in information for games. Chances are that it ran it's script when you tried to open/install ragnarok or something.

yC

Which link or site you followed to get you kRO client?

kylrion

i were! using the RMS provided link lol!
and after i delete the virus,my ro just cannot seem to open!

Leamee

I use antivir and I got the same trojan. I don't really care as I already have a bunch of crap on my computer so I'll have to format it pretty soon but then again antivir is very sensitive and so is kaspersky so if I had another antivirus my computer would technically be "clean" as only antivir detected the 2 or 3 trojans that are currently on my computer (that is, if they're not false positives)