Would there be a demand for Custom server like this

Started by Lioran, Jun 01, 2018, 06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lioran

You're not making any sense now. Economy is economy, i never mentionned zeny being the sole factor of economy.

Quote from: Blinzer on Jun 12, 2018, 04:18 PM
I'll give you 1000 dollars if you can ever get 50 million zeny on my server completely by yourself and without ever interacting with anyone. Put your hands where your mouth is.
What does that even mean? Does that level of difficulty apply to 5million aswell?
if I need to interact with others to get zeny, are zeny created from certain interactions... or do I get zeny by selling stuff to them and if so how are they getting zeny but I can't?

With no context what I'm getting from this is I have to enter in some kind of transaction OR you can not earn currency while solo farming(both equally stupid).
Why do you pride on having hard to earn currency... that doesn't accomplish anything. You're economy is rock solid cause its non existent, Wouldn't be surprised if people used other stuff then zeny as currency(probably why you're trying to dictate equipment flow aswell). I just have no idea what to think from that statement. Either you removed a 0 from the economy and you're proud of it. Or you made it impossible to earn zeny. Which again... doesn't change anything. All that affect is the ecosystem of your server which is only dictated by NPC prices. I hope you lowered consumable prices else I can't imagine anyone using them with what you're saying.

whatever... I lost interest in this conversation or your server.
Either terrible at taking criticism or really bad at conveying information, I can't tell. Probably ban players for saying "server sucks" too

Blinzer

Quote from: Lioran on Jun 13, 2018, 02:44 PM
You're not making any sense now. Economy is economy, i never mentionned zeny being the sole factor of economy.
What does that even mean? Does that level of difficulty apply to 5million aswell?
if I need to interact with others to get zeny, are zeny created from certain interactions... or do I get zeny by selling stuff to them and if so how are they getting zeny but I can't?

With no context what I'm getting from this is I have to enter in some kind of transaction OR you can not earn currency while solo farming(both equally stupid).
Why do you pride on having hard to earn currency... that doesn't accomplish anything. You're economy is rock solid cause its non existent, Wouldn't be surprised if people used other stuff then zeny as currency(probably why you're trying to dictate equipment flow aswell). I just have no idea what to think from that statement. Either you removed a 0 from the economy and you're proud of it. Or you made it impossible to earn zeny. Which again... doesn't change anything. All that affect is the ecosystem of your server which is only dictated by NPC prices. I hope you lowered consumable prices else I can't imagine anyone using them with what you're saying.

whatever... I lost interest in this conversation or your server.
Either terrible at taking criticism or really bad at conveying information, I can't tell. Probably ban players for saying "server sucks" too

If you give up on a conversation like this so easily, you will surely give up far before you are able to bring into reality anything concrete that can change the world.

You did your best effort at trying to prove a point, and for that I commend you. Your reasoning ability is decent but your game knowledge is poor, and that is why you find yourself unable to bring this conversation in a direction that will give you the right answers. I can very clearly see you're not just randomly saying stuff, but I can also see you are equally unwilling to admit you are wrong. So I only have this to ask you: who do you want to be?

Your current position is saying "I bet you ban players" to a person who has never banned a player in his entire career. It's also pretty much the living example of everything you're doing wrong right now: shiny and pretty in theory, dreadfully wrong in practice. The facts are against you, friend. It's not too late for you to change your ways, but it's going to have to start with you admitting that you're being a total prick right now.

Yuzo

Blinzer you realise no one is gonna play a server run by a person who intentionally gives themselves a bad reputation? bad publicity. bad public relations.

Blinzer

Quote from: Yuzo on Jun 14, 2018, 01:36 AM
Blinzer you realise no one is gonna play a server run by a person who intentionally gives themselves a bad reputation? bad publicity. bad public relations.

so either i get to prove that my server is so good no amount of me being a s*** can stop it, or i get to prove that my mouth is so powerful i can single handedly stop the entirety of humanity from advancing?

SEEMS LIKE A WIN WIN TO ME

it's my creation, whether you like it or not. you don't want to play on my server just because i'm the one who made it? DON'T, you can instead die of a slow, rotting, painful death in your bland and outdated game. quit acting like you have some sort of power over me ROFL.  i don't need your money, i don't need your s*** input, and i don't need you. i already accomplished what i wanted to do, as long as i have a copy of my server in my usb key i can die happy knowing i made RO the game it should have always been. i did the entire thing alone with none of your help, you're useless to me. the people who want to play a good game will come, and there's not a god damn thing you can do about it.

it's been a while since i did a full scale brawl against a bunch of idiots, do we have any other takers? don't be shy now, i promise i'm just one guy.

rubie123

@Blinzer: Your server sounds like a painful mess.  /wah
--------------------------------
RMS NEEDS A MAKEOVER!

Blinzer

Quote from: rubie123 on Jun 14, 2018, 03:27 AM
@Blinzer: Your server sounds like a painful mess.  /wah

I TAKE IT BACK, FALSE ALARM there will not be a brawl today, i can't handle that many extra chromosomes

listen buddy, i believe you. really! but can we get a picture of your face first so we know who's talking?

Lioran

Quote from: Blinzer on Jun 14, 2018, 03:37 AM
I TAKE IT BACK, FALSE ALARM there will not be a brawl today, i can't handle that many extra chromosomes
Nothing like calling people trisomic to prove your superiority and everyone's falsity.

Kinda understand why you have a bad reputation now.
You can't think straight, you just resort to insults very easily when you lose an argument. You contradict yourself and claim you didn't by saying we just don't understand and don't even attempt to explain. Words are pretty straight forward homie... sorry to say but you failed the decency test on that one.

My original post to you was just a bait to see how you reacted if people complained or criticized you and your response is kinda getting out of hand at this point.
You directly dismissed it. At that point it doesn't matter if the changes are right or wrong. The response is definitely wrong and uncalled for.
I have seen game dev react the way you are right now, and those dev get booted out of the industry pretty f*** fast.
I pointed out what I THINK was wrong with what I've first seen from your server and you get super defensive instead of trying to explain, shutting up would have been a better option.

People are gonna play your server I'm sure, but its not gonna last, at least not in a healthy way.
With the reaction you have shown so far, you're kinda losing everyone trust as someone that can host a ragnarok server in a professional way.
If you act like that on a forum, I don't even want to start imagining in a setting where you have full control.
If you wanna act like a jackass to try to defend your server, kinda shows to me that you don't even believe in your own work yourself.
Please go make a fool of yourself somewhere else. I'm being serious about wanting a custom server that respect RO orignal mechanic, not a travesty of your idea of what RO should be.

yennar

well, one troll tells the other troll off - RMS never fails to amuse me.

Blinzer has one over you: he already got a server, which he designed as he wished and which will be up and running soon. That is real work, real dedication.
I have seen so much people here talking about "what ifs" and whatnot, they are all just talkers. If you would develop your own servers out there, the RO servers wouldn't be so alike.

Ppl like blinzer are sympathic to me, as i know they are "real" and i can guess their motives are pure.
Do i find blinzer arrogant? surely.
Do i find him way over the top aggressive? yes, yes he is. And he's also a narcist.
But i can trust that he does what he loves, and I can trust that he has dedicated years of work for a new, remodeled RO. This is also the reason why i will test this new invention of his.
I can't find anything worthwile from the rest here.

Lioran

Quote from: yennar on Jun 14, 2018, 09:16 AM
well, one troll tells the other troll off - RMS never fails to amuse me.

Blinzer has one over you: he already got a server, which he designed as he wished and which will be up and running soon. That is real work, real dedication.
I have seen so much people here talking about "what ifs" and whatnot, they are all just talkers. If you would develop your own servers out there, the RO servers wouldn't be so alike.

Ppl like blinzer are sympathic to me, as i know they are "real" and i can guess their motives are pure.
Do i find blinzer arrogant? surely.
Do i find him way over the top aggressive? yes, yes he is. And he's also a narcist.
But i can trust that he does what he loves, and I can trust that he has dedicated years of work for a new, remodeled RO. This is also the reason why i will test this new invention of his.
I can't find anything worthwile from the rest here.
Can't argue with that other than i didn't judge him on his server, i judged him on how he acted toward my immediate impression of his server.
Doesn't matter what you have if at the end of the day you act like an a******.
He might have an RO server he worked on for a long time. But he has no respect for others that dont agree with him and doesn't deserve any back either.
If you want to respect someone for what they work on but not how they behave that's your choice not mine and i can't take that away from you neither can you.

I've worked on project thousand of people enjoyed in the past and that does not mean i'm worth respecting more than the next guy.
If you can't act in public, don't be in public.

yennar

Quote from: Lioran on Jun 14, 2018, 10:08 AM
Can't argue with that other than i didn't judge him on his server, i judged him on how he acted toward my immediate impression of his server.
Doesn't matter what you have if at the end of the day you act like an a******.
He might have an RO server he worked on for a long time. But he has no respect for others that dont agree with him and doesn't deserve any back either.
If you want to respect someone for what they work on but not how they behave that's your choice not mine and i can't take that away from you neither can you.

I've worked on project thousand of people enjoyed in the past and that does not mean i'm worth respecting more than the next guy.
If you can't act in public, don't be in public.

A lecture of judging and morality from the biggest whiner / flamer from Epicro. It's really cute.
Try a mirror.

PS: I'm the president from Bangladesh.

Yuzo

Blinzer you been talking so much trash for three years now saying your server is the greatest. But you know people will probably check it out, considering the amount of crap you've talked about it. Even though you've only ever been vague af and never detailed anything.

And then what? If everyone says your server sucks and nobody plays it, then you will either get depressed or go insane (convince yourself "they're wrong"). I guess you're already insane though, so even if you fail, you've not failed in your own mind. By the way, right now you are marketing your server.

Lioran

Quote from: yennar on Jun 14, 2018, 10:30 AM
A lecture of judging and morality from the biggest whiner / flamer from Epicro. It's really cute.
Try a mirror.

PS: I'm the president from Bangladesh.
Clearly just trying to push buttons while having no ground to stand on, You call me a troll when I'm the one that started the post asking for a legit question and you post stuff like this.
Bringing me up trying to get people to play more together on a server that's in decline because everyone is so unfriendly and label me "Biggest Whiner /  flamer".
Sorry for wanting better for the server I play on. I've seen multiple people quit cause nobody wants to play with others on that server.
When people PM me over the GM saying server is not fun cause of the players, That's a problem. Seeing the GM online less and less as time goes is also a sign.

This is why i started this post, this Solo everything RO s*** needs to stop. I can do everything alone too and its not fun. I want to party with people and share loot, but people act like if they share loot their life gets shorter. I like to solo farm for small items and stuff but when i do big MVP or high end areas, I want there to be people to play with not just 4 box and get everything alone.

When you're at the point where you've done Thanatos tower and beelzebub alone even though there is people to party with around and you'Re asking daily, that mean your server has a player attitude issue and should be shut down.

What the f*** is wrong with this community. GOD FORBIDE YOU PLAY AN MMO WITH OTHER PEOPLE.
Everyone found out how to solo everything and they think they're good for it... NO YOU'RE NOT, EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING IT TOO.

Congrats Blinzer the only guy defending you is the type of player you're trying to avoid on your server. He won't stay cause he won't be able to asura portal everything.
Cause if he plays EpicRO... that's all this server has remaining. Have fun with that

There some whining for you. If you feel offended by this post... You're probably a Champ main and doesn't actually like RO.

Corgers

Sounds like an interesting server concept! The games I've enjoyed most have always had both options.

Join CorgiRO! A fresh server with Multi-Classing + Daily Quests!
[color=blue]Our RMS Introduction![/color]
Watch Our Video! [color=pink](ft. LilyPichu)[/color]
Visit: Our Website | Forum | Facebook | Discord

Blinzer

-editted it all out-

THIS IS A ONE TIME WONDER

yennar

@Lioran Thanks for confirming my post :)

For better argumentation against me let me help you and tell you about my time on EpicRO. You could also ask, but i do not think you're that willing to discuss:
Spoiler
I played most actively on EpicRO in 04-05 / 2017. It was low rate, the community was extremely active, and you had many level-parties everyday. I played active priest wizzard and dancer. This are often my main chars wherever I go. I had a real blast for 1-2 months, played with RL friends there, and made many other friends, but of course, a typical RO server, even low rate will have it's problems. So i quitted, rejoined in summer, quitted again, rejoined again and quitted completely when they decided to go for the mainstream and upped the rates to 30x~50x
[close]

I called you a flamer/whiner, not a troll. There is a difference.
The main problem is not your content, neither here nor on epicRo. The main problem is the whining and b**** without end. You're not constructive, you're destructive.
So no, i do not say your idea is bad, really. I think it's great. I like  custom servers, i am looking for custom servers. I love new solutions to the many problems RO has.

It's just as you said before:

Quote from: Lioran on Jun 14, 2018, 10:08 AM"Doesn't matter what you have if at the end of the day you act like an a******.
He might have an RO server he worked on for a long time. But he has no respect for others that dont agree with him and doesn't deserve any back either."

Well, it's the same with you, you act like a jerk just without any work which can back you up. You're just a hypocrite.

I do not need to defend blinzer, and i won't defend blinzer.
I say what i think is right.  I said i will test the server, as i test every custom server out there. If the server is good it is good. If the server is bad it is bad. I won't defend something trashy and i won't trash something good - it's simple as that.
Spoiler
and really - there are many problems out there in the server world. Corrupt GMs, Greedy cash-milking admins. An admin which is not corrupt nor greedy but agressive is better than the alternative
[close]
I would also test your server, if you make one, because it IS interesting to look at custom solutions (except it goes high rate)

PS:
I think the best solution for you would be to quit ro completely and not look back.
I do not mean this in a bad way.I do not think you will find a server at the moment, which will satisfy your needs.
I know this problem, as i have the same problem as you. I also see many flaws in this game, i know that things like asura spam and solo-mvping aren't good for the game. RO could be much more, but it's just that this game is really old and has it's flaws. You will not find many people who are willing to dedicate time in this game except you pay for them. You won't find many people joining new servers (and stay there), just shifting from one to the next or coming/going. If you're going to create something new, you will need much time. Too much time for an old game like RO. The community isn't getting bigger, it gets smaller and there are still new servers out every other day. Why not trying other games?

edit: ah i see, blinzer goes at it again... I'm opting out here. see ya @ll