What servers have you played on?

Started by Graviteh, Jun 15, 2006, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom~

I'm pretty sure I mentioned some months here and there. D: I'm too lazy to go add dates into that, lmao.

And uh, I'm not so sure about the joke being on the exact same day April's fools was, but the admin lowered the max level, stats, rates, etc... pretty much changed the entire server. I remember people spamming "PRE-RO IS DEAD" in the main town lololol.

And so you killed yourself,
but you killed everyone else around you too.

Mushu

Started at anima, played there for many years. Started playing with 4-5 friends and over the years they slowly stopped playing 1 by 1 and I was left alone. My guild leader who I met in RO but happened to go to the same high school (lol?) got banned by a Nazi Admin (harken ftw), I had spent literally thousands of hours into that server, only to be wronged and basically was in **** RO mode for a long time. Plus the enemy guild were all buddy buddy with the corrupt admin and he would do what he could to make sure they were no.1

Played Fusion with a few friends, small community, played for a little less than a year, it was okay.

CobaltblueRO for a few months, it just closed recently but it was a nice server, just took too long for the admin to turn on woe, so by the time he did, some guilds were so behind in gear they just quit.

I'm now waiting for eternity to open again, as I need a LR that will have a large population and woe background. Plus needs to be troll tolerant as I can be pretty nasty sometimes. I'm pretty much the opposite of a carebear.

Euphie

Been so long since I've posted on RMS, but after reading many of these stories, I guess I'd like to share as well xD

Firstly though, wow thats some bad april fool's joke although sounds like the server didn't have many loyal players then. Kind of sad if the admin gave up though >.<

Also looking through many of the replies, anthem/anima seems like it was popular, sorry I never got a chance to try it out :c

Anyway I've never been much into server hopping, I started on Rebirth with absolutely no prior RO experience at all (I still remember being excited about 1 shotting a Spore with my TK xD),  I THINK that was back in 2006 or so, been so long now >.o I was active there for years, happy in my small guild. We ended up leaving Rebirth for a short time and played Legacy (Also tried out Destina and Noob Fury but didn't stick around long), but they all mostly quit after that so a friend and me went back to Rebirth. After that, I joined a few other guilds before being drafted into one of the bigger guilds on the server...... After that, my RO life changed drastically xD WoE was suddenly serious.. everything was srsbsns O_O;; until eventually I became a GM and did so for about 6 months but oh gosh I did NOT want to be associated with that mess, so I left and helped a friend out on his server, called Myst.

Myst didn't last too long but it was a fun time, however the main admin lost interest and the server closed down :C I made a good bunch of friends there though. After that I took a break and the group of friends I had played Creation. They all missed Myst so much though, I decided to try to bring it back.. which I did for a short while, but it wasn't long before I met one of the admins from Infamous and not long after that we did a bit of a merge, did some drastic reconstructing and became Midgard Chronicles (which is where I am now xD).

Not sure exactly WHERE they fit in the timeline, but I've also played on Essence and Nyuubi x.x

Not a long story, but it is my own xD;

tl;dr? RO IS SRS! O_O;

[Bolded server names to stand out from my chunk o' text there e.o]

Check out previews of our upcoming fully custom client!

DeePee

I played the iRO Open Beta for like... a week. Then nothing for years. After that I joined a server named SpyderlakeRO, many, many, many years ago. I think it was pretty corrupt in the end, too. We got our hands on a Gargoyle Card which was pretty much a GM card that allowed any skill to be used. Frenzy Archer ftw!

Then many years after that, in 2006, I went looking on some topsites and found AnimaRO. I played there for..almost a year until the main GMs split off from it and started TalonRO. Been there ever since!

kchn1811

Started playing a low rate server call unityro many years ago. Was really fun . Till the server lasted.

Mvp with partying is better then by yourself. Woe requires a lot of teamwork. And pvp.

Until the server lasted. And is down.

I have try out a HR server call znro. Just to see how that goes.

Then after a few weeks i just stopped playing ro and started playing a new game.

imsorrychingoo

I've played in: QualityRo , FeelRo , ForgottenRo , EsunaRo , ShockwaveRo and so on.... and now ScytheRo.
There's a reason why I chose to play in an empty server.
For some reason everytime I join a populated server , it gradually dies out in a month or 2.
Maybe it's just a coincidence but I think I carry a very powerful bad luck... LOL

PS: For those of you who wants to dry their server to the ground , invite me , my presence will rot everything ~ LOL !

ragnazorg

How did I start playing RO... played pRO (phil ro) officials. Played iRO (official) played jRO and kRO (official) then got banned in 2006. My ex boyfriend asked me to play again back in 2007 I remember it was a 999 server I believe its Schyte RO by Zairik I will never ever forget the first p server I played. Thank you Zairik but it only lasted for a month tho since me and my ex bf broke up.  I still remember hunting paper cards for me to complete that cute wing quest I forgot the name of that wing is but its really cute LOL. Then my friends invited me to PVP RO, all pvp no towns no mobs lol. Then we transferred to myro after a few months of grinding like 3-4 months we decided to quit. After that I never played RO again aside from RPC Regionals (pRO) back in 2009 or some 7v7 practice games for RPC at vanquish RO. pretty much thats it.

imsorrychingoo

Quote from: ragnazorg on Jun 22, 2011, 11:36 PM
How did I start playing RO... played pRO (phil ro) officials. Played iRO (official) played jRO and kRO (official) then got banned in 2006. My ex boyfriend asked me to play again back in 2007 I remember it was a 999 server I believe its Schyte RO by Zairik I will never ever forget the first p server I played. Thank you Zairik but it only lasted for a month tho since me and my ex bf broke up.  I still remember hunting paper cards for me to complete that cute wing quest I forgot the name of that wing is but its really cute LOL. Then my friends invited me to PVP RO, all pvp no towns no mobs lol. Then we transferred to myro after a few months of grinding like 3-4 months we decided to quit. After that I never played RO again aside from RPC Regionals (pRO) back in 2009 or some 7v7 practice games for RPC at vanquish RO. pretty much thats it.

Oh... so you're an ex-member of the old SytheRo ?
Why don't you rejoin it ? I'm so lonely here playing all alone ~ *sniff*
I'm not sure if the host is the same person but apparently he's never online and he doesn't give a damn
bbout his website , forums or facebook lol... let's improve this worthless server with our own hands ! *tsk tsk tsk*

ragnazorg

Yes I am but I cannot rejoin it lol I have my own server now.

yC

haha, Tom~ what a way to kill a server in one day.

omg Zairik's SytheRo is still alive?  Seriously?  I thought it is dead a long time ago.  I heard from friends of Zairik that he is working and is extremely busy.  Isn't .. someone in the long lost friend section talking about a re-creation of Poison RO?  It was somewhat related to SytheRO or Zairik IIRC...

Well Deepee, that's a very long time you worked at Talon and still working.  I kind of think you are the owner already xD  You are always here representing Talon RO.  So now we think back, the split of Talon RO from Anima RO outperformed / outlived Anima RO and Anthem RO.  Talon RO is all that is left from the old Anima RO?

Impulse

Anyone remember ProjectRO and MobRO? Both were low rates with a pretty large population, way before trans classes. Those were the good days.

www.gothamro.com - Ragnarok for the Dedicated.

3x/3x/2x
Server Opened on May 26.

Usagimimi

I started RO in late 2006.

First server, and MMORPG actually, was NiktoutRO, literally meaning "f&ck all RO" in French (the admin was from France). It was ranked very, very high on the Top Sites due to its SHR hosting 1,000 players, and its MR around ~400 during WoE. The LR community consisted of 90% bots, unfortunately. I was invited to the MR by a Mexican bud' of mine and ended up playing til its closure in 2007ish. The admin was awesome, ruling with an ironfist on whiners, crybabies, and pinoys.

Then there was lots more...

FeelRO came right after that. I played for a few weeks, was moderator on the forum during my stay, and then left. This was back when the pop' was ~50 and the server was brand sparkly new. I got tired of the people and the community, though, so I left.

After that came DuskRO, GatheringRO, CycloneRO, RaijeRO, SolaceRO, EssenceRO... then JustRO where, again, I was part of the staff, then left due to a falling-out with the sub-admin Kyle.

I had a few off and ons with EssenceRO since 2009ish. Liked the server, the edits, and Final (>yC<) played there, too, so had someone to talk to. Just not too in to the Renewal stuff and jobs, thus why I haven't been too attached.

OracleRO, ReboundRO, AriaRO, EnchantedRO, IntenseRO... excluding Rebound, 'was staff on all of those, but never got into any of them really. Left VisionRO due to trolls, same with ROforLife and BestRO.

There were tons of servers other than that inbetween, but their names are lost.

Presently playing UtopiaRO.

Ace

iRO FTW!

Also playing RO Like OldschoolRO and ZetaRO <-- too bad the Admin is very lazy...

SnpGhost

I'm currently playing at Full Ragnarok Online. :) High Rate Private Server. :D FTW Admins here are damn active. XD

Thor1337

Went from the official European server EuRO to diverse private servers such as FunRO, EbilRO, some more or less cheap Okawano/Sapphire copies, DeliRO, CatRO, MyRO (now NDRO) ...just to name a few.  :-X
I've been in the same guild for more than 3 years on at least 3 of those servers.
However, I've recently started playing on fRO (official French server/successor of EuRO) again.