What Kind Server Players are Looking for?

Started by yC, Jul 21, 2006, 08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shane3x

well, i do agree with yc iun his first post but you cant really expect humans to be perfect and actually do all this, if there is a server close to what you have said id go with

[Emmie: let's keep this topic server name free, it's not a place to advertise your servers]

and of course iro and kro. (paying a bit much?)
In Memory of AnimaRO...

May it's legacy live on in AnthemRO!

Mr.NiceGuy

bah, ignore that little rant, my little brother decided to take it  upon himself to spread his stupidness xD. 

Kurogasa

Quote1. you will only play on a server with balance
2. you expect a server to be balanced
3. you shun any unbalanced server away

so wether you mean to or not, you basically saying servers are not meant to be unbalanced, hence that they should not have customs with stats ect.

and you absolutly entitled to what you want to play.

I dont think serveres are not meant to be unbalanced. Hell its pretty impossible to make a over 99 stat/level server balanced but those are quite popular. Im not the type of person to push my views on others i only wrote my post cus you said:

And i do firmly believe that if we got rid of some of the gravity version lovers servers outa here that the very small to moderately sized private servers would gain a lot of people to the communities, because right now everyone seems brainwashed in to liking the official gravity, but not playing on the official servers but instead expecting EVERYONE not to use customs and to use the boring version of Ro from gravity xD

I find Ro to be the most balanced mmo and the most strategy ridden due to many gear options as aposed to the one or 2 high lvl gearsets that most other mmos seem to have for each class. If it wasnt for this balance i wouldnt play. Thus when i try a high rate or another kind of broken server, i get bored extremely fast. Small example.

"Hey lets make it so dex effects aftercast!!1 this will make our server unique!111!"
3 months later
"wow! Falcon assualt snipers are owning the bejesus out of every single thing that moves! lets try to balance it out!"
1 month later
"ok that didnt work.. and now everyones pissed and almost everyone is gone(besides fa snipers).."

Now this is assuming a mid/low rate with no giveing away of godly items(which breaks the game on its own.. rare cards/gears should drop from where theyre supposed to ONLY imo). Anyway no need to get into all of this. You stated your opinion i stated mine. Theres room in the Pserver world for ppl who want to play your kind of server and for people who want to play my kind.

The real problem is too many people makeing extremely similar servers and spliting the population into small fractions.

gundrake

3-15x rates
jobchanger
free healer
resetter
no advanced classes
no status armours(pest,darkframe,etc)

Pandora

Let's not confuse customisation and unbalance.

There are ways to customize without breaking balance, one just has to think carefully before making any changes. ^_^
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Mr.NiceGuy

Quote from: Kurogasa on Feb 20, 2007, 03:48 PM

Quote1. you will only play on a server with balance
2. you expect a server to be balanced
3. you shun any unbalanced server away

so wether you mean to or not, you basically saying servers are not meant to be unbalanced, hence that they should not have customs with stats ect.

and you absolutly entitled to what you want to play.

I dont think serveres are not meant to be unbalanced. Hell its pretty impossible to make a over 99 stat/level server balanced but those are quite popular. Im not the type of person to push my views on others i only wrote my post cus you said:

And i do firmly believe that if we got rid of some of the gravity version lovers servers outa here that the very small to moderately sized private servers would gain a lot of people to the communities, because right now everyone seems brainwashed in to liking the official gravity, but not playing on the official servers but instead expecting EVERYONE not to use customs and to use the boring version of Ro from gravity xD

I find Ro to be the most balanced mmo and the most strategy ridden due to many gear options as aposed to the one or 2 high lvl gearsets that most other mmos seem to have for each class. If it wasnt for this balance i wouldnt play. Thus when i try a high rate or another kind of broken server, i get bored extremely fast. Small example.

"Hey lets make it so dex effects aftercast!!1 this will make our server unique!111!"
3 months later
"wow! Falcon assualt snipers are owning the bejesus out of every single thing that moves! lets try to balance it out!"
1 month later
"ok that didnt work.. and now everyones pissed and almost everyone is gone(besides fa snipers).."

Now this is assuming a mid/low rate with no giveing away of godly items(which breaks the game on its own.. rare cards/gears should drop from where theyre supposed to ONLY imo). Anyway no need to get into all of this. You stated your opinion i stated mine. Theres room in the Pserver world for ppl who want to play your kind of server and for people who want to play my kind.

The real problem is too many people makeing extremely similar servers and spliting the population into small fractions.

which i agree on with you 100%, btw, it wasnt really me that made that second post, my little brother guessed my password while i was at work and decided he was going to do something stupid -.-