What do you think about Ragnarok Sarah Server?

Started by vanz412, Feb 10, 2016, 04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akasuna

>No stat/skill reset
I'll pass. While I do understand RO originally didn't have that it's my favorite feature that was added to private servers. Although, Sarah Server has a large pop which is rare nowadays.

Atchiro

Well, it's still up and running strong. I play on it sometimes.
But they really need to step up their game with the weekly maintenance. Every week, they put the server offline for at least 6 hours. Who does that in 2016? This time it's 24 hours. If I'm playing on a server and it goes down for 24h I'll look for another one.

SpaceFalcon

I played it for a few hours and started researching it, the owner has shut down hes previous server. The pinoy gaming community is well known for server hopping in masses to follow the herd, and believe me you will see nothing but tagalog in chat.

This server had 2k-3k population early 2016 and is now down to 700-1k (Mostly afk farming points for being logged in) it's under constant DDOS attacks because of the history this server owner has. I'm not bashing this server just being real about it, I think it's balanced and deigned well.

My opinion is if you are an English player and want to play an active English server, play Talon. At least Talon has proven its commitment against wipes and shutdowns. All I care about is enjoying the game play and knowing my characters will be there tomorrow.

Don't force yourself to play random servers and risk losing all your effort to shut downs, it's not worth your time.

Kris

Quote from: Disruptor on Feb 11, 2016, 10:49 PM
I don't care if the GM's promised no donations. but then actually does, or w.e s*** you talk. This is actually the most promising server I have played in years.

Trash talk it all you want. I am the exact opposite sort of "player" you are describing in this server, and your rubbing it with negativity.

A) You have nothing better to do.

B) Your own server sucks? (harsh but imo)

Care to mention that the 950+ online is not dual clients or auto vendors (let me correct that. at the time of me posting this there is around 20 shops max open in Payon, with a few scattered in hotspots)

This server is a success and has long term appeal. Deal with it.

First off, over 50% of the population of Philippines have either heard or have played a mmorpg once in their lifetime whilst only under 10% of people in first world nations have either heard or have played a mmoprg.

Before you keep ranting about a servers population, you should probably understand the dynamics of RO. This outdated 2D mmorpg doesn't get as many 'new' players like it used to a decade ago, for obvious reasons. The people who originally started playing this game either have jobs and/or moved onto more 'advanced' mmorpgs.

If you just want to play a long lasting server, I'd recommend you take the advise of people who've commented before me and have pointed out the fact that you do a background check on the admin of the server before going and investing time/money.
2k21 Return

Neffletics

Quote from: Kris on Dec 03, 2016, 03:47 AM
First off, over 50% of the population of Philippines have either heard or have played a mmorpg once in their lifetime whilst only under 10% of people in first world nations have either heard or have played a mmoprg.

Before you keep ranting about a servers population, you should probably understand the dynamics of RO. This outdated 2D mmorpg doesn't get as many 'new' players like it used to a decade ago, for obvious reasons. The people who originally started playing this game either have jobs and/or moved onto more 'advanced' mmorpgs.

If you just want to play a long lasting server, I'd recommend you take the advise of people who've commented before me and have pointed out the fact that you do a background check on the admin of the server before going and investing time/money.

The server's slowly dying now. With almost 80% idle players (either vending or gathering points to buy grape juices), the population has never increased again after its downfall few months ago. I wonder if Disruptor is still playing this server lol.

From what I've heard from the players of my past server, the GMs have taken the population for granted and have been slacking for many months and weren't hosting any good events other than PVP tournaments. They've only started doing something after their population dropped to 1,300ish (and now 800ish).

I'd like to once again hear the people who have defended this server many months ago. History will repeat itself, deal with it! /ok
solacero rip

StriderHiryuu

Quote from: Neffletics on Dec 05, 2016, 04:10 AM
The server's slowly dying now. With almost 80% idle players (either vending or gathering points to buy grape juices), the population has never increased again after its downfall few months ago. I wonder if Disruptor is still playing this server lol.

From what I've heard from the players of my past server, the GMs have taken the population for granted and have been slacking for many months and weren't hosting any good events other than PVP tournaments. They've only started doing something after their population dropped to 1,300ish (and now 800ish).

I'd like to once again hear the people who have defended this server many months ago. History will repeat itself, deal with it! /ok

Clearly you are just one of those pinoys crab mentality. Look at your server solace ro? as what you said history repeat itself :), server are now more stable with 1300+ during woe and 1000+ peak hours, Most of the toxic players are now gone.

Neffletics

Quote from: StriderHiryuu on Dec 05, 2016, 01:46 PM
Clearly you are just one of those pinoys crab mentality. Look at your server solace ro? as what you said history repeat itself :), server are now more stable with 1300+ during woe and 1000+ peak hours, Most of the toxic players are now gone.

I am not even pulling you down. Your incompetence's pulling your server down. I was objective when I criticized your server, how can you call that crab mentality?

Look at my server SolaceRO? Well, it had a graceful exit and we didn't just went hiatus like what you did in your past servers. MagRO multiple versions? BalikRO multiple versions? Sarah's multiple versions? Where are these? What did you guys do? Suddenly went hiatus? and then BAM! Server's closed. I am not even sure if MagRO is your first server, I believe you had more before. History will repeat itself, Jaryl.

Step up your game, improve your service so you don't get reviews like this. In short, prove us that we're wrong instead of stupid rebuttals like "Look at your server solace ro?" Really? This response is coming from an adult?  /no1

solacero rip

StriderHiryuu

Quote from: Neffletics on Dec 05, 2016, 08:24 PM
I am not even pulling you down. Your incompetence's pulling your server down. I was objective when I criticized your server, how can you call that crab mentality?

Look at my server SolaceRO? Well, it had a graceful exit and we didn't just went hiatus like what you did in your past servers. MagRO multiple versions? BalikRO multiple versions? Sarah's multiple versions? Where are these? What did you guys do? Suddenly went hiatus? and then BAM! Server's closed. I am not even sure if MagRO is your first server, I believe you had more before. History will repeat itself, Jaryl.

Step up your game, improve your service so you don't get reviews like this. In short, prove us that we're wrong instead of stupid rebuttals like "Look at your server solace ro?" Really? This response is coming from an adult?  /no1

LOL check your statement and replies dude, are there any encouragement from the beginning? clearly you are putting everyone down specially those who have run a server before, but you forgot that you yourself done the same thing. This is the first time you said "Step up your game, improve your service so you don't get reviews like this." even when the server was just starting. Clearly you are just those one selfish server owner who only see the bad side rather than encouraging other server owners to improve and you forget that you have the same history who server went down because of attitude problems. I think Now I know why your old players said that because you have this attitude problem, its starting to show based on your replies not just here but in other thread

Neffletics

Quote from: StriderHiryuu on Dec 06, 2016, 04:00 AM
LOL check your statement and replies dude, are there any encouragement from the beginning? clearly you are putting everyone down specially those who have run a server before, but you forgot that you yourself done the same thing. This is the first time you said "Step up your game, improve your service so you don't get reviews like this." even when the server was just starting. Clearly you are just those one selfish server owner who only see the bad side rather than encouraging other server owners to improve and you forget that you have the same history who server went down because of attitude problems. I think Now I know why your old players said that because you have this attitude problem, its starting to show based on your replies not just here but in other thread

Nope, we didn't do the same thing. I never went hiatus and suddenly shut the server off without prior notice. That's what makes us different from you/your server. I believe the GM my players are referring to is Froggy and not me, you should do more research (try asking them again).

I am not sure if you're blind or what, it's not just me who are discouraging players from joining your server, look at Kris's response and the previous pages. I believe you're aware that you're in the same category as Cookie, Yrvinne, and Jeffrey Manalo. The notorious server owners who had 10+ times history of server closure.

I wouldn't even bother responding to this thread if I didn't experience your incompetence first hand. Few years ago, I've joined your server BalikRO Chaos (first version with 5k+ population), and you just kept giving us s*** about the server getting DDoS'd even when it's an obvious map server crash. There were concerned players who have already gave hints and even offered you help on your Facebook page but your pride was too high and ignored them. 'Till you opened another server with the same fate like your previous servers.

Stop acting like the victim here, the real victims are your players whom you've left when you've vanished to thin air before closing your past servers. I am just enlightening the people in this forum about your incompetency and it's up to them if they'll believe it or not. Like what I've said on my previous response, just prove us wrong and quit b****'. Just keep improving your game and who knows maybe someday we'll change our perspective towards you. You and I are just human-being, we're not perfect so I totally understand that you make mistakes but if you've learned nothing from your previous experiences and kept repeating it, then it's no longer a mistake, it's called stupidity. Ciao~

solacero rip

totoro

his server was balikRO sarah(1st iteration) not chaos. at least in sarah servers, people had activity and some fun for quite some time. unlike in some other server where population dropped down to half within 3mos because of bad PR and owner's incompetence. talk about months before fixing quagmire and spiral pierce bug   /heh /heh

StriderHiryuu

Quote from: Neffletics on Dec 06, 2016, 05:10 AM
Nope, we didn't do the same thing. I never went hiatus and suddenly shut the server off without prior notice. That's what makes us different from you/your server. I believe the GM my players are referring to is Froggy and not me, you should do more research (try asking them again).

I am not sure if you're blind or what, it's not just me who are discouraging players from joining your server, look at Kris's response and the previous pages. I believe you're aware that you're in the same category as Cookie, Yrvinne, and Jeffrey Manalo. The notorious server owners who had 10+ times history of server closure.

I wouldn't even bother responding to this thread if I didn't experience your incompetence first hand. Few years ago, I've joined your server BalikRO Chaos (first version with 5k+ population), and you just kept giving us s*** about the server getting DDoS'd even when it's an obvious map server crash. There were concerned players who have already gave hints and even offered you help on your Facebook page but your pride was too high and ignored them. 'Till you opened another server with the same fate like your previous servers.

Stop acting like the victim here, the real victims are your players whom you've left when you've vanished to thin air before closing your past servers. I am just enlightening the people in this forum about your incompetency and it's up to them if they'll believe it or not. Like what I've said on my previous response, just prove us wrong and quit b****'. Just keep improving your game and who knows maybe someday we'll change our perspective towards you. You and I are just human-being, we're not perfect so I totally understand that you make mistakes but if you've learned nothing from your previous experiences and kept repeating it, then it's no longer a mistake, it's called stupidity. Ciao~

Stop being like a hero here and thinking sarah/other players will play your server LOL. Now this is interesting, map crash you say? LOL every one know how map crash works LOL dont make us stupid here. Clearly you have against the server where infact you dont even play here, main reason why you are doing this is to get people play on your server which, Sarah Server didnt bother to do wherein giving false statement on other server just to get a higher population and for the Record We dont even own BalikRO Chaos because chaos and sarah have different owner so stop talking nonsense :), All i can see is you are so desperate to get the players to play on your server. Honestly you dont even need to that, player will still play on your server if you have good intention and good attitude. BTW Lets see how well you will run your SorinRO with your attitude problem.

StriderHiryuu

Quote from: totoro on Dec 06, 2016, 05:15 AM
his server was balikRO sarah(1st iteration) not chaos. at least in sarah servers, people had activity and some fun for quite some time. unlike in some other server where population dropped down to half within 3mos because of bad PR and owner's incompetence. talk about months before fixing quagmire and spiral pierce bug   /heh /heh

Clearly he doesnt know a thing, and just talking nonsense. He's taking about chaos server which clearly Sarah Server is not a part of. This guy is just so desperate to get players play on his server. Yeah We have fun Like our Geb, Just imagine 1 am, there are already people falling in line on the event venue meaning, people love the server and they trust the admin. Unlike this guy above you which you can see how big his grudge on a server he didnt even play nor donated :)

IDGAF

I don't hate nor have a grudge to any of you guys , and not on someones side , but base on what i have read above , Neffletics is being so competitive , not just that , do you feel envy ? because you keep on bashing , giving negative comments on every server , not just this server , even the other server , i don't get the point  /hmm you just want to brain wash the players so that they will play on your server ? is that it ? i guess i would agree to the sarah server owner , you want to get the players to play on your server  /gg

What happened to your server? it closed too right ? and you are blaming your co GM that it was his fault then ? but who is the owner that cant control his co GM ? it was you right ? so it is your fault too that your server closed and your players transferred to another server ,  that is why you have a lot of hatred to other newly opened servers right ? 

stop being so competitive , if you think your server is so perfect to be official, then that's it , it is the players choice too , if they want to play in your server , it is based on your server features and your attitude , but base on your comments / replies ? i can already see what kind of person you are  /ok

Neffletics

Quote from: StriderHiryuu on Dec 06, 2016, 06:40 AM
BTW Lets see how well you will run your SorinRO with your attitude problem.

Sure, thanks for cheering. Good luck with Sarah Server /no1
solacero rip

Voryry

I don't play Sarah anymore, since my guild has moved on, the GL was tired of being swarmed by AE, plus that cup event made it not fun anymore. And personally I am tired of looking for another English speaking guild. Outside guild, I was tired of not understanding the language, plus often got ignored in parties.

Nothing is perfect, but Sarah is still for RO community in general, not many servers can attract thousands of players nowadays, and retain them for months and months. Sarah must be doing something quite right. Players dropping is normal, from boredom after nostalgia fulfilled, from conflicts, etc etc. This is in the end, an old game.

Whatever the motives are, either genuine passion for the game or profits, I still consider any server that can gather substantial number of players as good for RO  /heh