What do you think about Ragnarok Sarah Server?

Started by vanz412, Feb 10, 2016, 04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanz412

another fresh low rate server from the philippines (i think)
i just wanna have some idea to those pro private server gamers, and what their idea about this server
is it worth playing? or what?

dreinor

not recommended.. i played the first launch of the server and it closed after sometime.. /pif now, the server promises no wipe and reset.. don't bother playing.. typically, pinoy server = cash cow server..

totoro

3rd iteration since 2014. the guy above is right, its just a cash grab server. i consider playing a pinoy  server only if it's a midrate so i won't waste much time.

kmart

the gm already explained what really happened during the first run of that said server it's a full of mess due to illegal rmt transactions and also donations. donators complaining about what they deserve since they are keeping the server alive by donating and spending real money. maybe those 2 bitter replies above are the people who donated on this server to only find out that it will close soon lol. well i'm an ex sarah server player too and one of the donator. atleast i'll give it a shot again then i'll just minimize my donation so i won't feel bad if the server closes but atleast i don't have bitterness inside me hahaha.  /heh to answer your question about the server it's worth a try mate 800+ population with no dual clients and auto vending full of player interaction.  /o /no1

dreinor

maybe the person above me is just a lackey of the server owner..  i'm not bitter about the game.. i'm just warning the TS that this server is a typical pinoy server.. i didn't even spent a single cent on the donation.. what i'm saying you will be just wasting your time.. a low rate server is supposed to be a server where you will invest your time on it because it is "low rate".. why bother investing your time in a low rate server whose life is only a year or less..

kmart

Quote from: dreinor on Feb 11, 2016, 03:07 AM
maybe the person above me is just a lackey of the server owner..  i'm not bitter about the game.. i'm just warning the TS that this server is a typical pinoy server.. i didn't even spent a single cent on the donation.. what i'm saying you will be just wasting your time.. a low rate server is supposed to be a server where you will invest your time on it because it is "low rate".. why bother investing your time in a low rate server whose life is only a year or less..

well to tell you honestly i am one of those who got angry with the sudden closure of the first sarah server lol but then the person who keeps it running for the 2nd time explained his side very well. you calling it typical pinoy server? so if a server is owned by an indonesian gm then it can be called typical indonesian server? lewl based on your statement you're bitter because your hard earned investment on the game is now all gone. don't worry you're not the only one who is the victim here i lost my hard earned items and real money by donating but still i don't have any butt hurt inside me more than you do. get a life and get a job mate.  /no1

Neffletics

Don't bother. Promises are meant to be broken. Our community already estimated its total lifespan, it'll be 2 - 3 months. You're not seeing these kind of information because they're deleting honest comments on their Facebook page.

Go to Talon if you want a populated low rate server or try us if you do not mind playing with just 150-250 players. There's also Free2Play Asia, they're also stable and consistent. Most of the pinoy servers who have opened between July 2015-January 2016 were already down. Here are the servers who have advertised in our Facebook group.

1. OdinRO - Still alive, copied our server's slogan and advertised in our server.
2. NeoRO - Closed, copied our server settings and even the designs of our Facebook cover photo and profile picture, and events. Advertised in our server.
3. PKRO - Closed, also advertised in our server. Claiming to last forever and bashing SolaceRO before because we were banning players that are engaging to real money trading.
4. IROGaming - Closed, also advertised in our server. Closed down for no reason.
5. RagnaPH - Still alive, rumored to be fishing players from MyRO. Server got hacked recently but people were stupid enough to believe the owner's s*** and continued supporting the server.
6. iPlayRO - Still alive, copied our troubleshooting guide and used it on their website. Advertised in our server.

There were more servers who have advertised in our group but they died in few weeks so I didn't mention them anymore.

Most of the server owners today are like politicians. They'll lie and steal your money (through donation). Don't get blinded by promises and the number of population, its population will decline soon once another server opens because most of the Filipinos are server hoppers, they always go with the flow. Once population declines, the owner will lose motivation and stop developing the server and the population will drop to zero and that's the time he'll close it (like what happened to his previous server).

kmart, I know you're gonna say that I am butthurt or just playing dirty because Sarah is our competitor. Nope, mate. I'm just here to save this guy's time and money.

The server had a bad image, so what kind of response do you expect? lol. You're the real butthurt, not dreinor.
solacero rip

Creative

Quote from: Neffletics on Feb 11, 2016, 06:06 AM
Don't bother. Promises are meant to be broken. Our community already estimated its total lifespan, it'll be 2 - 3 months. You're not seeing these kind of information because they're deleting honest comments on their Facebook page.

Go to Talon if you want a populated low rate server or try us if you do not mind playing with just 150-250 players. There's also Free2Play Asia, they're also stable and consistent. Most of the pinoy servers who have opened between July 2015-January 2016 were already down. Here are the servers who have advertised in our Facebook group.

1. OdinRO - Still alive, copied our server's slogan and advertised in our server.
2. NeoRO - Closed, copied our server settings and even the designs of our Facebook cover photo and profile picture, and events. Advertised in our server.
3. PKRO - Closed, also advertised in our server. Claiming to last forever and bashing SolaceRO before because we were banning players that are engaging to real money trading.
4. IROGaming - Closed, also advertised in our server. Closed down for no reason.
5. RagnaPH - Still alive, rumored to be fishing players from MyRO. Server got hacked recently but people were stupid enough to believe the owner's s*** and continued supporting the server.
6. iPlayRO - Still alive, copied our troubleshooting guide and used it on their website. Advertised in our server.

There were more servers who have advertised in our group but they died in few weeks so I didn't mention them anymore.

Most of the server owners today are like politicians. They'll lie and steal your money (through donation). Don't get blinded by promises and the number of population, its population will decline soon once another server opens because most of the Filipinos are server hoppers, they always go with the flow. Once population declines, the owner will lose motivation and stop developing the server and the population will drop to zero and that's the time he'll close it (like what happened to his previous server).

kmart, I know you're gonna say that I am butthurt or just playing dirty because Sarah is our competitor. Nope, mate. I'm just here to save this guy's time and money.

The server had a bad image, so what kind of response do you expect? lol. You're the real butthurt, not dreinor.

As professional private server owner, you should not meddle with other servers. Let the players who played the server do the reviews. Seems to me that you are the one butthurt. You should focus on improving your server and and leave the players do the review. Ive just check their site and they have more than 900+ without dual and autovend. If players are happy playing the server, we should respect that and give the guy the chance. I dont think anyone will play again in that server if the owner is not deserving for another chance.

Successful people have alot of downtime not just once twice as long as they never give up. That alone why i respect people who never gave up.  /no1

Neffletics

Quote from: Creative on Feb 11, 2016, 11:40 AM
As professional private server owner, you should not meddle with other servers. Let the players who played the server do the reviews. Seems to me that you are the one butthurt. You should focus on improving your server and and leave the players do the review. Ive just check their site and they have more than 900+ without dual and autovend. If players are happy playing the server, we should respect that and give the guy the chance. I dont think anyone will play again in that server if the owner is not deserving for another chance.

Being an owner or a staff doesn't prohibits me from participating discussions in RateMyServer. This forum is open for all Ragnarok players, just treat me as a regular person and not as server owner or what.

Most of the low rate servers today in PH are having the same number of population, even SolaceRO before.

Successful people have alot of downtime not just once twice as long as they never give up. That alone why i respect people who never gave up.  /no1

The point here is not about giving up or something, it's the owner's integrity that we're doubting. Anyway, I've already gave my response to this thread. I'll get back to this thread and to you once the server goes down again. Let's meet again in 2-3 months, then tell me more about 'not giving up' and 'deserves another chance'.  /no1
solacero rip

Blinzer

A server owner can do what he wants and say what he wants, just like any other person on the planet. There is no coherence in your argument.

dreinor

i really hope that was the case.. but that's not.. what happens is a cycle of "create server -> hype -> surge of donation -> owners become complacent & neglects server -> server dies -> owner relaunches the server -> and the cycle goes on"

"As always being told in the forum, do not start a server if you don't have the commitment for it.  It's not just another server, people do spend their time on it and closing it means wasting their time." - yC

this was quoted  from RMS going int 2014. found here.. http://forum.ratemyserver.net/announcements/rms-going-into-2014/

Neffletics

Quote from: dreinor on Feb 11, 2016, 07:28 PM
i really hope that was the case.. but that's not.. what happens is a cycle of "create server -> hype -> surge of donation -> owners become complacent & neglects server -> server dies -> owner relaunches the server -> and the cycle goes on"

"As always being told in the forum, do not start a server if you don't have the commitment for it.  It's not just another server, people do spend their time on it and closing it means wasting their time." - yC

this was quoted  from RMS going int 2014. found here.. http://forum.ratemyserver.net/announcements/rms-going-into-2014/

True, sadly that's where Sarah server is going. People should do their own research too before investing time into a server, like what the author of this thread did. They should not fall for the "nostalgia" easily.
solacero rip

Disruptor

I have been playing this server since they opened it. I am not Pinoy. I am actually UK, British. There is also a sh*t ton of international players on there forum and in game.

I don't care if the GM's promised no donations. but then actually does, or w.e s*** you talk. This is actually the most promising server I have played in years.

Trash talk it all you want. I am the exact opposite sort of "player" you are describing in this server, and your rubbing it with negativity.

A) You have nothing better to do.

B) Your own server sucks? (harsh but imo)

Care to mention that the 950+ online is not dual clients or auto vendors (let me correct that. at the time of me posting this there is around 20 shops max open in Payon, with a few scattered in hotspots)

This server is a success and has long term appeal. Deal with it.

*EDIT* Server is not located in the East either, but actually in Seattle.

Neffletics

Quote from: Disruptor on Feb 11, 2016, 10:49 PM
I have been playing this server since they opened it. I am not Pinoy. I am actually UK, British. There is also a sh*t ton of international players on there forum and in game.

I don't care if the GM's promised no donations. but then actually does, or w.e s*** you talk. This is actually the most promising server I have played in years.

Trash talk it all you want. I am the exact opposite sort of "player" you are describing in this server, and your rubbing it with negativity.

A) You have nothing better to do.

B) Your own server sucks? (harsh but imo)

Care to mention that the 950+ online is not dual clients or auto vendors (let me correct that. at the time of me posting this there is around 20 shops max open in Payon, with a few scattered in hotspots)

This server is a success and has long term appeal. Deal with it.

*EDIT* Server is not located in the East either, but actually in Seattle.

If you've read my previous comment. Most of the new servers today in PH are usually reaching the same population. The PKRO server mentioned in my older comment had 1300+ without dual logging and autovendors, people also thought they have the potential and has 'long term appeal' but where is it now? The partner server of BaliKRO Sarah which is BalikRO Chaos, also had more players, like 5,000+ and players also thought that it'll dominate the Ragnarok community in our country but where is it now?

History will repeat itself (deal with it). Like what I've told Creative, let's meet again after 2-3 months and discuss this 'long term appeal' and 'potential' that you're talking about just now.
solacero rip

Minabe

Doing Tripper's job.