What kind of low/mid rates do you love the most?

Started by FluffyBunny, Dec 25, 2016, 01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FluffyBunny

Well i was just wondering what kind of low rates/mid rates people would want to play the most.

Would people play on a low rate with close to no customization and only costume items as donations?

Bakorzero

I am agree on donation only for cosmetics, but a little bit of custom is also welcomed :3 Server that truly dedicated to bring the RO experiences. Donation with OP stuff is a big no to me
A flower of hope — a bond tying us together
Now grows within our hearts.
Forever unwilting, it gives us the power to go on living

Playtester

There's still a player base of around 100 players that like low rate close-to-official servers. They are fairly loyal and stick to one server, though, unless the server owner becomes too inactive or closes the server. There's more players like that in SEA but they prefer sticking to their local private server.

Most players want several customizations like autoloot, healer, warper and a bunch of skill updates that make WoE more fun. But the number of servers that offer this are just as large.

What kind of RO server I'd love the most? Well such a server can't exist. But I want the times back of when I started to play euRO. So zero customization and still a huge playerbase and most players were not just elitist power levelers but a lot of role players too and people that just like to explore the world.
If I have a very close to official servers and find a friend that doesn't know RO yet and wants to try it with me, I can partially revive that feeling, though.

Other than that, if someone came up with an amazing customization idea, I'd also be inclined to try that server, because I'm kinda tired of pre-renewal 13.2. Always same spawns and same monster imbalances that cause to level on the same boring maps every time.

Some servers attempted a higher customization by now, but often it were just a bunch of skill changes where I only found 50% reasonable and the other 50% felt like "Oh the server owner really likes that class" or "Oh the server owner doesn't like this class".

Voryry

Quote from: FluffyBunny on Dec 25, 2016, 01:15 AM
Would people play on a low rate with close to no customization and only costume items as donations?

Yeah  /lv

But I also like activities such as hunting mission, customised quests, etc. If we keep it 100% like old official RO, there will be no such activities.
And one thing is huge for me (after Sarah!), I prefer English-speaking server.

JoJoK

Hey,
I really feel as playtester, back at the day it was the best experience of RO, played on euphRO, it had like a 2000 online players and it was epic
Low rate, gotta work hard and know how to play and build your char to the long run, I really miss those days... T_T

This days a lot of the servers are pre-re on episode 11 or higher
Or classic with no rebirth which is a big no for me

Neferpitou

Nowadays, server are around episode 13 and up. I am already sicked for those Trans server, it's always feel the same. What I am looking for a server is the classic style of game, No trans, No satan, No beelzee, No 3rds, pure classic.

Zinnia

Quote from: Neferpitou on Mar 15, 2017, 10:44 AM
Nowadays, server are around episode 13 and up. I am already sicked for those Trans server, it's always feel the same. What I am looking for a server is the classic style of game, No trans, No satan, No beelzee, No 3rds, pure classic.

I don't see how good this is

The older episode the lesser content, therefore the less amount of things to do for your players and a higher churn rate.