To @autoloot or something else

Started by Cyan Hijirikawa, Jan 17, 2017, 09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyan Hijirikawa

Now, everyone has their opinions about @autoloot, I personally dislike it for the fact that it gives advantages (very good advantages) to ranged classes, especially Hunters / Snipers.

Now, to make it a bit fairer, what do you guys think of having @autoloot a certain range limit perhaps?

Let's say a 3x3 / 5x5 area around the player would be the limit, do you think it would be fairer that way? Or would you rather have the Blacksmith fill the role of farmer due to "Greed" being available.

Kris

If you're talking about LRs, I like your idea about limiting the range of @autoloot
If you're talking about MRs, you need to reevaluate your life
2k21 Return

Cyan Hijirikawa

Quote from: Kris on Jan 17, 2017, 09:58 PM
If you're talking about LRs, I like your idea about limiting the range of @autoloot
If you're talking about MRs, you need to reevaluate your life

Then I guess you like my idea, yes, this is for a heavily customized LR project.

Blinzer

make it a donor command for 100 dollars

Mrew2

Why not just implement @arealoot?

Cyan Hijirikawa

Quote from: Blinzer on Jan 18, 2017, 04:00 AM
make it a donor command for 100 dollars

Sad to say, not aiming for donates, so no go there. Also, way off target, your answer that is. I know you can do better than that.

Quote from: Mrew2 on Jan 19, 2017, 05:13 AM
Why not just implement @arealoot?

That's it in a nutshell. Just wanted to hear opinions on how it would affect a server.

Arnkell

@autoloot is just to save everyone time, I don't even see the point of not having besides nostalgic reasons or something, making it "ranged" will just make it bad for Archers or other ranged classes.

Mrew2

Quote from: Arnkell on Jan 21, 2017, 08:05 AM
@autoloot is just to save everyone time, I don't even see the point of not having besides nostalgic reasons or something, making it "ranged" will just make it bad for Archers or other ranged classes.
Not quite true. It is not just saving time but also it grants an advantage that you wouldn't normally have. You can kill something and immediately teleport/move on to the next target without having to wait for skill delays to acquire dropped items or time to pick up these said items. It makes training at certain areas viable instead of zeny sinks. You don't have to worry if you can actually survive in an area to pick up the loot as it is looted for you and that makes hunting specific items much easier. And, of course, it saves you some time.

makoy

The whole point of @autoloot is .. well... autolooting stuffs..
normally,the monster is killed, item is dropped, then looted.
but with autoloot, the item automatically goes in your inventory. which saves time for everyone.

the ranged advantage is really an advantage since they are ranged. making snipers the most effective job for farming items.
the melee problem is going near the monster,which makes them more prone to danger, since they are melee.
RANGED WILL ALWAYS be an advantage over the melee.

changing it just to make it "fair" seems pointless since you just wanted to loot the item, then go.
also, reducing the range/effectiveness of the autoloot command makes the "ranged job" pointless too since you will also be going head to head with a monster.

my opinion..

Bakorzero

I once hate @autoloot, there are server which autoloot item with <5% drop which can be disabled. But then I try 100% autoloot server and I cant go back lol, considering I play low server and needs farming a lot, I am not worry if I miss a card drop anymore, actually both ranged and melee get the advantage. Take example monk you can just kill monster 1 by 1 and tele without worry about loot. It also help if you going mvp.ing near portal, imagine if mvp card/item drop inside portal, that would be sucks.       
A flower of hope — a bond tying us together
Now grows within our hearts.
Forever unwilting, it gives us the power to go on living

Blinzer

Quote from: Cyan Hijirikawa on Jan 21, 2017, 12:30 AM
Sad to say, not aiming for donates, so no go there. Also, way off target, your answer that is. I know you can do better than that.

i was mocking you because i can tell deciding how to implement autoloot isn't your main interest here. i can hardly do better than that in this situation.

Cyan Hijirikawa

Quote from: Blinzer on Jan 22, 2017, 10:09 AM
i was mocking you because i can tell deciding how to implement autoloot isn't your main interest here. i can hardly do better than that in this situation.

Wait what? It's not my main interest? Then what is? To pull your head out of your ... never mind, anyways I accept creative criticism but to the point that it's senseless to even read a thread reply is flat-out pointless. What I want is a clear discussion between what options to take with @autoloot, if you can't contribute, either don't reply and de-rail the thread or just sit back, relax and work on your awesome server, apparently it's the best around, or so I've heard or read.

Thanks for the free bump, appreciate it.

-- On Topic

True that @autoloot has its advantages, however this pretty much gives so much more emphasis on creating a ranged character just to farm, outclassing most other farmers due to their advantage (not being ranged in nature, but because @autoloot provides them more mobility).

I do agree limiting the loot range will hamper the range  class, but not totally making them "useless" per se.

Blinzer

Quote from: Cyan Hijirikawa on Jan 22, 2017, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the free bump, appreciate it.

you just confirmed my theory

it's been said and resaid, i already established in pretty much a tyrannical manner that there is no reason to not have autoloot for any reason, it shifts all classes to the right equally. the ones who had the advantage just have the same advantage as before, and it opens up for allowing skill to make a greater difference in your farming times

sniper is going to be the best farming class no matter what, get over it

GM Brook

@autoloot modification would be semi-ok on a semi-low rate server like 5x-10x. For our upcoming server, we will have a fully functioning @autoloot thought because we think it's a better choice.

Cyan Hijirikawa

My team and I have been deliberating on the usage of @autoloot and deemed it to be viable, though it'll still be under observation and will be based on how players would want it.

Thanks for all the insight you've given.