The best low rate server.

Started by Zone, Jan 25, 2008, 12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudemeister

Quote from: Brainstorm on Apr 18, 2008, 03:53 PM
Quote1. Its called Marijuana

2. No its not a weed leaf, its a type of Scottish grass.
Not to mean to interrupt but, he didnt mean the grass on the top, yet, there is a marijuana leaf on your webpage, just where it says NAVIGATION.

Just compare:

Ok, even if there is a scottish grass that looks the same, any NON-scottish person will look at it and think "weed leaf? wtf"

I agree with Pandona, being 24/7 online is a requeriment, not a feature.
Having gms to answer questions and help out with problems, is a req

ueriment, not a feature.
Unique customs, fine, but you dont state which they are even on your website, could be anything from a custom Pink Eyed hairstyle to a turn-based combat modification to battle system.

On the help webpage it is said that the server features are all displayed on main page, but i only see this:
Customs: Item Mall, Special Training Ground, Healbuffer, Mascot, Unique Events, Main town is Aldebaran, and much, much more!
I really dont see any of these as "unique" features, maybe of course, the "unique events", since i cant tell anything about those.
There are a lot Item Malls available to download on eAthena boards, and i plain dislike it.
Healbuffer, comes on default /custom folder on eA. Changing maintown is a simple matter of organizing npcs and telling people "idle on alde, its the main town".

But regardless of all that, what makes your training ground special?

On the topic:
I think the best server is the one you can play with your friends and have fun on it, regardless of amount of people. But obviously, a server filled with bug where you cant even play without getting a ulcer will eventually make you leave to the next door.
Custom Features are always nice, the plain RO can get boring to people who have playing the game for years, myself for example, i still have a lot of fun in the basic game by itself, but there is a s*** of "official" features that i completely dislike (forging system for example).

My server sure it isnt the best, mainly because i just started it and has very few players, but i play with my friends and THEY tell me im doing a good job.
It still has a ton of annoying bugs that bother me since i cant fix (YET!), but most of those dont even catch the players attentions, and i wont stop trying to improve my server gameplay everyday.

Major tl;dr. However, I can tell you, since not a single person has had any complaint or any suggestion as to how to improve the server out of our 78 total active players and 101 total accounts, I'd say its a prety damn good server. Also, as for ''unique customs''....Yeah, they are unique, their names such as ''Mascot'' or ''Healbuffer'' may not be unique, but since you've never actually seen what they DO, you have no room to say they aren't unique. Until you actually try the server, don't say anything against it.

Brainstorm

QuoteMajor tl;dr. However, I can tell you, since not a single person has had any complaint or any suggestion as to how to improve the server out of our 78 total active players and 101 total accounts, I'd say its a prety damn good server. Also, as for ''unique customs''....Yeah, they are unique, their names such as ''Mascot'' or ''Healbuffer'' may not be unique, but since you've never actually seen what they DO, you have no room to say they aren't unique. Until you actually try the server, don't say anything against it.
Honestly, with that attitude you arent going anywhere.
No one is here to fight over to see who's server is better than whoelse's. I didnt write my previous post in the intent of flaming your server or putting down your work, and i believe that neither Pandora did. Just saying how i see it from the view of a player.

They might be the 7 wonders of the new world, but if you dont give info about WHAT they are or do, no one is going to bother to download your patch and check it out. Saying it is "unique" doesnt make it any different than countless other servers around.
Browsing your forum (as guest) returned me no more success than my previous search on website.

Anyway, im curious, what "Major tl;dr." means?

Dudemeister

Quote from: Brainstorm on Apr 18, 2008, 04:21 PM
QuoteMajor tl;dr. However, I can tell you, since not a single person has had any complaint or any suggestion as to how to improve the server out of our 78 total active players and 101 total accounts, I'd say its a prety damn good server. Also, as for ''unique customs''....Yeah, they are unique, their names such as ''Mascot'' or ''Healbuffer'' may not be unique, but since you've never actually seen what they DO, you have no room to say they aren't unique. Until you actually try the server, don't say anything against it.
No one is here to fight over to see who's server is better than whoelse's. I didnt write my previous post in the intent of flaming your server or putting down your work, and i believe that neither Pandora did. Just saying how i see it from the view of a player.

They might be the 7 wonders of the new world, but if you dont give info about WHAT they are or do, no one is going to bother to download your patch and check it out. Saying it is "unique" doesnt make it any different than countless other servers around.
Browsing your forum (as guest) returned me no more success than my previous search on website.

Its not ''my'' server just fyi, I just play on it. My brother owns Highland RO. Also, yeah, me saying its unique does make it different, because obviously if it posesses unique customs and modifications....Its unique...

Secondly, tl;dr means ''Too long, didn't read''.

bulbasteve

Great....now I really want to see a server with a turn based system...has anyone done that?! That would be pretty damn cool.

Zinron

Quote from: Brainstorm on Apr 18, 2008, 04:21 PM

You know I've been wondering what tl;dr meant for a long time. Now I know.

Anyways I agree with brainstorm. You can slap the word unique on anything you want, but unless your tell us or show us exactly whats sets it apart from the rest, it doesnt really mean much. Hell something can be unique because the name was changed from its original.

And I disagree with the statement "Until you actually try the server, don't say anything against it.". First impressions are everything and the impression is usually made before actually trying the server.

QuoteGreat....now I really want to see a server with a turn based system...has anyone done that?! That would be pretty damn cool.
Fairyland comes to mind. ( at least I think thats the name)

Edit: Oh noes, someone gave me bad karma.