The best low rate server.

Started by Zone, Jan 25, 2008, 12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zone

The best low rate server.
Post your opinion and thoroughly excogitate why you think ____RO is the best low rate server.

Rbread

Best is so opinionated.  Therefore, none are the best.

Skotlex

Pointless topic :v
I vote for me, me!
why? Because I am awesome, dammit.

PS: This is supposed to be taken as a joke, and as an stereotype of the type of answers you should expect :B

(RMS reviews)

Zone

Quote from: Skotlex on Jan 25, 2008, 05:23 AM
Pointless topic :v
I vote for me, me!
why? Because I am awesome, dammit.

PS: This is supposed to be taken as a joke, and as an stereotype of the type of answers you should expect :B
mhmmm, the point it not to have a best server, it is to get people to post positive things about their servers.

Pandora

Well positive is good ^_^

People's opinion will vary greatly on what is considered the best.

Intense Woe Competition? Friendly community? Tonz of events? Population? Some people will perfer 2k+ others will want 200 or so.

So far seems only server admin are browsing the post, so we're all a little biased XD
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Ashe

:V
Other than that the best 'lowrate' I've played was/is iRO so far.
Don't think it counts though since it's not a private server.
edited

Pandora

I think it can count, it is the original after all, they deserve our praise, we all wouldn't playing private serv if not for them!
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

Ashe

Yeah, I played iRO Chaos until I got an 87 wizard around christmas, but I just got bored of RO and quit.
Why do people complain that it's too slow? @_@ It took me a month to get most of the good basic gear.
Phen Card, Zerom Card, Double Drops Arc Wand, pupa carded coat, matyr shoes. :[ albeit I didn't hunt much, but still. iRO rates are not 'sloooooow' as people say.
edited

Pandora

Since there are very few private server 1x/1x/1x I guess for more private server user, iro is slow in comparison, since just about every other server is higher rates.

Pinipon

In my opinion, Ragnarok Royale is the best Low rate server there is. The community is small and tight, tho we welcome every new player with joy in our hearts ;D The rates are excellent for me ( 7/7/3 ) it still has that 'I gotta work hard to get my stuff together feeling', but not so much that you give up after reaching lvl 80. Further, very straight and cooperative Gm's, and ( this is a big plus for me ) a lot of quests and mini games to  play ;)

bensei

Best low rate server? Anthem ro for sure, the new gm staff is teh h4x, totally friendly and really enjoyable. they do their best make more events, while they also work on new items/etc for the aegis platform. They are really forum active too, and do a good job at working up the backlog from the time when the forums were down.
communiy is huge, filled with many friendly people, of course there is an idiot here and there, but thats on every server the same ;p

Second best low rate server? HeRo hell yea. Awesome gms, nice customized quest system + items. The only things i really dont like is simply that its eAthena, means many skill delays/dmgs are a bit messed up compared to aegis, (not really noticeable for one who didnt play on an aegis server, thou. ) The gms do a good job at creating a warm atmosphere on this server, they spend a lot time with the players.

Both servers are full of fukken win x3

Skotlex

Quote from: Albiero on Jan 25, 2008, 09:33 AM
Yeah, I played iRO Chaos until I got an 87 wizard around christmas, but I just got bored of RO and quit.
Why do people complain that it's too slow? @_@ It took me a month to get most of the good basic gear.
Phen Card, Zerom Card, Double Drops Arc Wand, pupa carded coat, matyr shoes. :[ albeit I didn't hunt much, but still. iRO rates are not 'sloooooow' as people say.

Well RO is full of impatient kids :v Actually a game like RO is supposedly designed so it takes a "lifetime" to max out a character, equipment and stat wise. You are supposed to be a first class for many months, and awe at the might of second classes, and dream of becoming as strong as they are some day, and then having a party when you finally reach that. However, these kind of "emotions" that are supposed to be attached to a long drawn out character development has some setbacks:
- there are always the grinders who figure out the most effective leveling methods and just zoom past "regular players"
- sooner or later then game focus changes so that leveling is the most important thing to do, you will no longer just enjoy going around and killing stuff unless you can maximize your progress for time spent.
- from the previous point, the game becomes just a grind since everyone is on a race to be better than the others.

In private servers, the fact that servers wipe and close down every full moon does not improves the situation. The experience of "living" the low levels grows old, and people just want to jump to the high-end game: woe / pvp / mvp farming. Hence how higher rates become more and more popular.

Hmm... this is all quite offtopic and does not belong here... now that I think about it.

(RMS reviews)

pupu

I've seen a lot of good low rate server. But I think there's one that tops them all, and it opens this year in February. A lot of people know about the server; they got dragged out of euphRO, legacyRO, paradiseRO and possibly more low rate servers.

The server is called EternityRO. They've been working on the server this year, possibly some time during December. The server has not yet gone live, and is barely advertising. They have recently added vote sites because it is almost time for the server to go up. The GMs are amazing at what they do, I personally think they have a gift. They're very convincing. They let the community in on the server changes. Class names, Autoloot command, WoE, reset NPC and other things. The donations are 0 imbalance, making the server completely fair. In addition, the GMs are not going to make legit characters, and to top it off; new GMs that are being recruiting will not get any sort of "GM powers" whatsoever.

I've forgotten about the server that I'm a GM on (SolarRO) and started giving a s*** about EternityRO. I still go on SolarRO to give a hand, but I never bother, 'cause I'm too busy with my 40-man-guild on the RMS server, getting ready for EternityRO. :3 According to the GMs and some members, the amount of people waiting for this server to go live is a range between 800 and 1000.

The rates are 7/7/5, perfect.
http://www.eternityro.net

<3
wat

Skotlex

Hmm, there's something fishy about being able to qualify a server that hasn't gone live yet... how do you know it will be that great when it has yet to go through the test of fire?

(RMS reviews)

Pandora

I'm also dubious about saying a server who hasn't open can be "the best", although of course there is no "best" server out there anyway. They may promise balance, fun wars, a certain population, great economy and such and with the best intentions too, but until you have actually experienced it, you don't know for sure.

@Bensei thanks for the kind words ^^