TalonRO

Started by overwatcher, Jun 28, 2016, 07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overwatcher

Fair warning, a certain GM on this server plays for a certain guild. The most recent patch that they implemented was so poorly conceptualized that they immediately reverted some of its components a few hours after the release. This happened despite of the GMs statement that every patch is well analyzed and thought out.

At this moment, many players are unhappy about the changes that they made to the def mechanics. Long story short, due to the changes to def, overupped gears are now less valuable. This change was implemented to target 99 def paladins who wears 800m-2b worth of gears. However, their solutions is universal and thus affects every job. Check the forums and it will be clear to you that players are unhappy. How did a certain GM respond? See this >>http://imgur.com/NmWvsjc

Yes, many players are unhappy and it reflects on the feedback thread as well as server reviews.

Boreas

Fair warning: that certain GM (who is apparently me) has not played with any guilds for at least 8 years. Ragnarok Online is a nice game to work on and I enjoy the coding, but the gameplay does not interest me anymore. As for the rest, there is a feedback topic on our forum. This topic on RMS will only get swamped by the usual people to flame around and I will not take part in that. Enjoy trolling!

Cawliflower

Quote from: Boreas on Jun 28, 2016, 07:55 PM
Fair warning: that certain GM (who is apparently me) has not played with any guilds for at least 8 years. Ragnarok Online is a nice game to work on and I enjoy the coding, but the gameplay does not interest me anymore. As for the rest, there is a feedback topic on our forum. This topic on RMS will only get swamped by the usual people to flame around and I will not take part in that. Enjoy trolling!
So true, lol.

I couldn't see you playing RO after 200 years of coding for a server.
Quoteyesterday im ask gm crewkie hitler for pls ad balance costum like angel wing or 4slot narutaro BUT HE SAY NO.. um sry i thot this was ranganarok and not a nazis???????

DivinityRO 6.9 coming soon!

applecidervinegar

Boreas and team has systematically and efficiently silenced anyone who voiced their opinions over the years.

It was only after the screw up of their latest patch in which they messed with drop rates, game mechanics, did they suddenly decided to revert some changes because the changes were simply bad. And they only reverted drop rate changes. And they acted like they have been listening to players all the time.

A pre-renewal server adding a "decay" to def when tanking monsters.

Players were still supposed to be grateful even after they took away player's effort in establising builds that consisted of 1.5-2b worth of gears. /heh /heh

If new players are okay with them telling you how to play the game(just read boreas's reply on the forums), because your play style isn't MMORPG and it should be this and that way, then go ahead.

Oh fair warning, never post your unique builds and strategy in their forum as well. Because nerfhammer in next patch. /heh /heh

Minabe

Doing Tripper's job.

blame20

Well, balancing is a serious matter. You need to increase and decrease some features of it. Good thing they urgently responded to the feedbacks and that is a good thing. /no1

blame20

If that is your opinion, then let it be. There are numerous of private servers to choose from and can be your alternative. It is not like TalonRO is a big part of your gaming experience.

Neffletics

Ragnarok is an old game, this patch is simply telling their players "hey, try some other build."

TalonRO is TalonRO. They have the reputation that not so many servers have. If you're quitting a stable server just because your 1b worth of gears' value went down then you're *censored*.

In every game, there will be patches that will not be favorable to many. Just deal with it.
solacero rip

blame20

If you're a banned player. The most usual feedback/review is negative rather than accepting your mistakes by carelessly not aware of the rules that you weren't aware that you made a violation or risked to make unfavorable attempts.

barragazz

haha not banned, but i got almost 10B n sell my zeny in lowyatt forum coz am QUIT, Play over 2 years.
when ure awsome n creative u found  great build > gm nerf haha damn nab cant brainstorm. :DDD GOOD LUCK

Minabe

Doing Tripper's job.

rickroll6190

Quote from: Neffletics on Jun 29, 2016, 10:30 AM
In every game, there will be patches that will not be favorable to many. Just deal with it.
There's a difference between patches that make people unhappy, and patches that literally screw a class out of its existence. And yes, I'm talking about bragi nerf.

Not like it even matters, though. That class is long dead in PvM, and the server's WoE scene is more or less dead, with same guilds pretty much just holding castles because there's no competition.

Disclaimer: I still have an active account on the server. I just log into the game to chill and chat, and occasionally join GM-hosted events. The fun and noob-friendly ones, in particular, since they were created back when the GM team was more competent than they're now.

Now let's see how long until Seiren (AKA DeePee) rushes in to defend against this argument. Oooh, and may I recommend you some burn centers for that horses vs. cars argument?

LezzieLez

My name is Lezark and I am a former TalonRO resident. These are reasons and observations I have made after playing for three years in this server, so if anyone has any genuine credence over reviews recently written about this rotten server, this would be the place! I do not recommend this server and for those of you who are staying, read this so you are informed about your administration.

Recent Red Flags, Patch "Nerfs", Sets a bad precedent
I have played in this conservative server for three years, and with no fear of censorship, I'm free to unload the truth to anyone who sees this. This "Meiadrir Patch" is a patch that completely nerfed farming spots Geffenia and Moscovia Dungeon by lowering item drop rates. It also made it harder to decompose Great Natures by lowering the chance of break-down. Now they got a lot of flack for that from people THE DAY OF RELEASE. That many people forced them to backtrack that decision. Now why get mad at this? Shouldn't this be a victory for the people? No, this doesn't constitute a resolution, nor comfort, but a red flag because it goes to show that GM's do not take player suggestions into consideration prior a patch release but will only resolve issues after decisions have been made.

Poor Management, Misinformation, Lack of Transparency, Why The Reviews are So High
GM Boreas, who has actual decision-making power, will treat suggestions as bureaucratic as possible with a yes or a no without any discussion and will leave his Public Relation GMs (both in-game and forums) to do the talking for him. You know why reviews are so high? Partly because positive criticisms only reward those who stay because they have invested their time and possibly money in this game or they have already reaped the benefits of farming in these areas...not to mention that Support GM's are veteran players who know each other and benefit from these decisions. It's politics. You know why the player count is so high? Those are all alts vending...who could ever really know since this server lacks transparency between GM's and its Players. Boreas benefits from withholding information and letting his PR team be his "emotional" and "understanding" side so they would all be riled up to be in favor of the server. Do you know who the Support GM's are? They are players NOT VOTED by people so why is this information withheld from the public? Could it be that they have information prior the Meiadrir release, and many other releases that only benefited them? Who knows? Certainly not me.

Mini-Game Mania and working against game-mechanics
GM Boreas has also publicly admitted that he has made decisions that argue against the natural grinding nature of Ragnarok. Instead of spreading people out to unused maps, possibly making item drops more profitable there; he instated that new players will not have access to the methods that made many of TalonRO's veterans will not be unprofitable to them. So in order to quell this thirst, "major" patches are not invested in reinforcing in-game mechanics as it is invested in diverting people's focus to mini-games. Yes, mini-games. Great strategy to divert people from seeing that the server hasn't had a major in-game update for over a year now. See the patch logs for yourself. The ironic thing is that playing mini-games in this server, is in essence, a form of grinding for money just in a different form. Come on, if I am playing a game, I am not expected to play a mini-game inside a game in order to gear my main character...and then be expected to play that geared character to play more mini games since farming isn't profitable anymore. True to what's happening, the server should be renamed MiniGameRO since yall want to play these games with people.

GM Boreas is a well-documented, classic-case sociopath who will dangle your account in your face. Takes criticism like a pre-pubescent.
Furthermore, I have also experienced the same treatment.....even worse because the Game Master has count of my history in the server and has consistently muted and logged me out of game when I criticize his decisions.... Its been three years of me biting my tongue with this potential Trump supporter because I'm risking suspension every time I speak out. I would reply to someone and have my replies DELETED. Who goes as far as to silence someone for their negative opinion?! A forum is a platform for discussion, not a place for people to congratulate you. Its funny as I recollect the PM he sent me saying that I was spreading hate speech. Listen buddy, I wasn't pointing any of your physical attributes, which is honestly a privilege. I can only clearly see them with how you reply to me and other people. This is something sociopaths and people with limited human interaction do.

LezzieLez

Quote from: Neffletics on Jun 29, 2016, 10:30 AM
Ragnarok is an old game, this patch is simply telling their players "hey, try some other build."

TalonRO is TalonRO. They have the reputation that not so many servers have. If you're quitting a stable server just because your 1b worth of gears' value went down then you're *censored*.

What reputation does TalonRO have? It has sustained eight years by being a conservative server that withholds information to its players.
The server isn't necessarily the problem here, but how the administration treats players people.

blame20

Quote from: LezzieLez on Jul 07, 2016, 05:55 AM
What reputation does TalonRO have? It has sustained eight years by being a conservative server that withholds information to its players.
The server isn't necessarily the problem here, but how the administration treats players people.

What I  observed in TalonRO is that popular players > newbie, unpopular players(even if they are playing 1 year+). So most decisions and implementation of updates are biased.