Server population

Started by BMontgomery, Jun 19, 2007, 03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMontgomery

Which servers out there are the most populated?

kuzhy

Caprion

The higher the population, typically the worse the server.  A high population really shouldn't be what you look for, primarily.  Look at all the highest-populated servers, then look at all the problems you'd be part of, should you join them; Anima, Euph, Talon, Niktout... you're better off looking for a cozy community with less drama.

finnith

Still, it's much easier to find friends in a large server, although they might not be as good as the ones you can find a smaller server
S>Rock lol

Play on the Excalibur Network servers.

http://www.excalibur-ro.com/

BMontgomery

OK, so Anima, Euph, Talon, Niktout are arguably the most populated.

Next question:

What is the average players on-line figure for each? 

Mieu

Large pop servers may have large-scale drama (say if there's GM corruption) but smaller servers IMHO have drama thats all-pervasive.  If one clique has their panties in a bunch, everyone feels it xP  Medium pop--enough of a variety within playerbase that people can 'fit in' and find a group they're comfortable with, but at the same time not so many people that you can walk through the main town and WoE without lagging to death, and of course not so large as the ratio of players to GMs is 31q8346:1

Jayne Cobb

Quote from: BMontgomery on Jun 23, 2007, 11:33 PM
OK, so Anima, Euph, Talon, Niktout are arguably the most populated.

Next question:

What is the average players on-line figure for each? 
Anima is 1.5k players average. Correct me if i'm wrong but, i think Euph has 1k players aswell as Talon.

Don't know about Niktout

ominz

DarkRO has up to 3,000 players nightly. Average is 1500-2500.
Stop posting, dammit.