Server Opinion

Started by opinion, Nov 12, 2016, 08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opinion

Hi guys,

Just wondering about your thoughts on a low-mid rate, customize server(e.g: custom instances, items, quests,monsters), however with donations mainly for cosmetic purposes?

The reason I'm asking this is because I know that most people would prefer especially for low-mid rate to have less customization.

Bue

Whats the server going to be called?

lnvu

are u talking about elaria ro

opinion

Quote from: Bue on Nov 12, 2016, 09:25 PM
Whats the server going to be called?

PinoyRO.

Just kidding, I don't have the time to make my own server.

Quote from: lnvu on Nov 13, 2016, 12:35 AM
are u talking about elaria ro

I guess ElariaRO would be a good example. I'm talking about in general though.

Playtester

My opinion on customization is: Either very close-to-official or so customized that it's basically a new MMORPG with RO graphics.

That being said, even on a close-to-official server I wouldn't mind completely optional non-official content like bonus dungeons, quests and monsters.

Items... depends. More often than not I've seen private servers add custom items that were not just an interesting alternative but rather make official items completely pointless. That kinda ruins it imo.

fennec

There are a lot of servers like this nowadays. It's no longer new, aspiring server owners should come up with new ideas if they want their server to succeed.

misterj

nah actually, there was a brief period where there was no acid demo. there also wasnt spp, fcp, full strip, preserve, gravityfield, ganbantein, weapon upgrade, cart termo, shield chain, tarot, etc. a lot of complaining was over 2-2-2s mainly being the pretrans chars with more stat/skill points and that's it. but losing a lot of those skills will just end those classes, too.